Currently Listening to... Share your music!

Guest gogoblender

This post is to the memory of Kirill Pokrovsky, the composer for the Divinity series of games made by Larian Studios. He passed away yesterday.

Kirill made amazing music that always struck a chord in my heart. I knew the soundtrack to Divine Divinity was really something special right away. He made many of the tracks from the Divinity games available for free on his website. Listening to them has filled many peaceful and happy hours of my life in the last 12 years.

You can find many of Kirill's tunes included as part of my Sacred 2 Music Mod. It brings a new flavor and soul to Ancaria, particuarly the region of the High Elves and many other places.

R.I.P. Kirill. Thanks for all the tunes.

That was my first game for my first own PC

Did like the music, and loved the depth of game

Thanks for the links Flix

a great re-visit, and brilliant how you paid homage with your music mod

:)

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love metal and I also love hearing unconventional covers of metal songs that can make them sound quite different. Sometimes a different arrangement can reveal an underlying musicality that can be obscured for some listeners by distorted guitars, pounding drums, and harsh vocals.

Case in point:

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm currently listening to the sounds of silence. No, not the Simon and Garfunkel song but actual silence! :laugh:

We had a homeless man living in our basement apartment for the past 2.5 years. He said he would trade us rent for home maintenance. We finally evicted him and it is so lovely not to have to listen to his radio going at all times of the day and night because he needs "noise".

Before I get jumped on for being heartless, he had a series of vehicles while he was here one of which, a little red sports car, he paid off while living here. Before he left, he also had a short school bus he had tricked up as a mobile carpentry shop. It was really annoying to see it parked out front, blocking half the road. He slowly "expanded" his presence while he was here which is really what cause us to want to get rid of him. He had bits and pieces salvaged from various jobs he had performed for others lying around our back yard. He had all but taken over my garage for his own storage after I foolishly gave him the key so he could use some of the wood I had stored there for a project for us. He had a bicycle, which he never rode, locked to the railing of our side entrance along with additional bits and pieces stacked on the porch steps ... all visible from the front road!

When he did do a job for us, his work was slipshod and he never completely cleaned up after himself. The painted our upstairs ceiling and there are rough spots on our stair railing still from where he gripped the railing with paint covered hands while traversing the stairs. There were paint smears on the walls, our window air conditioner, and our small portable electronic organ. A light switch plate has a line of paint dribbled on it and allowed to harden.

Sorry, I could go on and on but you don't want to hear my problems ... or lack of them now. I just wish I had evicted him years ago! Never again. IF we decide to rent out our basement apartment again, we will require two months rent as a deposit to cover any necessary repairs when the tenant leaves as well as requiring monthly or even weekly on-site inspections of the premises to ensure our home isn't being slowly destroyed from within. I spent almost $1000 one the back outside entrance alone because the original steel clad door had been damaged so bad it had to be replaced. Evidently he tried to break in because he had locked himself out. The whole frame had to be replaced!

Sorry, I'll quit now. This probably needs to be moved or removed. The topic title just seemed to trigger something ... :wacko:

I have a rather ecclectic taste in music. Here's one I found many moons ago that falls into the Electronic scene...

Shades of THX-1138...

Edited by wolfie2kX

Was at Wacken 2015 and listened to U.D.O and the army big band. Then I noticed that he released a CD ('Navy metal night') together with the big band of the german navy. The win is for the families of dead or wounded soldiers. Bought it right away and didn't regret it. The music is real good old heavy metal.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

My boyfriend recently introduced me to Tyler Ward's music. her has a very good voice that does not become annoying after the second song, and he sings about more or less normal things, love, girls-breaking-his-heart... but the music does not sound co-written with "the best in the business" and "I've heard it 1nce, I've heard it a thousand times...."

And while I was on youtube, I also saw a Rachel Platten song on the side. she has a great voice, and tunes that I like, they sometimes get stuck in my head and I like singing to them the whole day!

Delta!

• Like! 1

My boyfriend recently introduced me to Tyler Ward's music. her has a very good voice that does not become annoying after the second song, and he sings about more or less normal things, love, girls-breaking-his-heart... but the music does not sound co-written with "the best in the business" and "I've heard it 1nce, I've heard it a thousand times...."

And while I was on youtube, I also saw a Rachel Platten song on the side. she has a great voice, and tunes that I like, they sometimes get stuck in my head and I like singing to them the whole day!

Delta!

I loved Rachel Platten's Fight Song especially in the supergirl preview. I was so mad when they changed the music.

• Like! 1

I'm partial to Alt/Hard Rock..anything with a lot of energy/attitude....my co-workers call it 'angry' music but I think they just don't understand lol....Something like Pop Evil's Trenches or Saliva's Clck Click Boom get me far more motivated to work than any Barry Manilow song ever could :)

So I was really surprised to hear this song for the first time last month even though it's been out for over 5 years...really wish I had a decent rock station around here....streaming Pandora eats up my bandwidth way too fast

Oh..the song...Paris (Ooh La La) by Grace Porter and the Nocturnals

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Like many boys who came of age in the 90's, I loved grunge and alternative rock and hated 80's music (unless it was metal).

Now that I'm old and lame I've learned not to take myself so seriously. That means listening to some of the goofiest, cheesiest 80's pop and just enjoying it for what it is.

• Like! 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...