Currently Listening to... Share your music!

Guest gogoblender

Do you know what is funny? When I hear or read the word Faun outside of this tread I am back to the time I was at naval airwing firefighters.

We had a great mechanic (now at a racing team) who pushed our beast to 120km/h and reaching 100km/h in 75seconds. The Faun 8x8 had 1000 horsepower to accelarate as quickly as possible. We had 3 minutes to reach every poistion on the airfield, be it road or not. So it was all wheel driven, low centre of gravity and lot of water or powder inside. 3 people and remote controlled water guns. Had the driving license for it but after half a year I climbed in rang to a desk job. But every 4th weekend when it was my tour to be in the weekend readiness I could drive it a bit for training.

• zomgod! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Taste freeze; I am so totally happy to be taste frozen! I was talking with one of my old friends about being a teen of the 90s, and Benchwarmers was brought up. Benchwarmers were like baseball cards, but had supermodels on them. I brought up my favorite, Billie Inglish, whom he said he was unfamiliar with. I know her card numbers were 52 and 58, but there's a third one that I never got, so I went to look it up. On a side note, don't tell my wife, lol, stuff would hit the fan; "you mean to tell me that you can't remember where you put the remote for the Firestick, but you can the remember the card number of some chick from the 90s?" Yup!

Anyway, I went to look it up, and this other name kept popping up, Billie..... Eilish or Eirish or Eyelid or something like that. It was this girl, like 17 or 18 or something like that, dressed like an alternative goth of the 90s. So, I'm thinking "this might be fun, she looks like she could be the daughter of like Dez Fafara or something". Granted, I wasn't expecting like a nu metal or post-grunge, but I was thinking like maybe a new type of ska or something? I mean, come on, you don't dress like the picture I saw and then sing "Over the Rainbow". Right? Bonk, not in this case; what I heard sucked. It was pop, but not like in a Samantha Fox type of way, more like nervous little girl singing on Mickey Mouse Club. Good God, man. I thought that when you get old, music is supposed to sound louder and freaky and confusing. I used to have a sticker on my guitar case that said "if it's too freaking loud, if it's too freaking heavy, you're too freaking old!" Music's not supposed to sound lamer and cheesier. Granted, I have a whopping zero music videos on whatever constitutes for MTV these days, but good god, man, I'm happy to have my musical taste frozen in the late 90s; kids today don't seem to know how to rock. 

• Appreciation 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 7:31 PM, Gilberticus said:

Taste freeze; I am so totally happy to be taste frozen! I was talking with one of my old friends about being a teen of the 90s, and Benchwarmers was brought up. Benchwarmers were like baseball cards, but had supermodels on them. I brought up my favorite, Billie Inglish, whom he said he was unfamiliar with. I know her card numbers were 52 and 58, but there's a third one that I never got, so I went to look it up. On a side note, don't tell my wife, lol, stuff would hit the fan; "you mean to tell me that you can't remember where you put the remote for the Firestick, but you can the remember the card number of some chick from the 90s?" Yup!

Anyway, I went to look it up, and this other name kept popping up, Billie..... Eilish or Eirish or Eyelid or something like that. It was this girl, like 17 or 18 or something like that, dressed like an alternative goth of the 90s. So, I'm thinking "this might be fun, she looks like she could be the daughter of like Dez Fafara or something". Granted, I wasn't expecting like a nu metal or post-grunge, but I was thinking like maybe a new type of ska or something? I mean, come on, you don't dress like the picture I saw and then sing "Over the Rainbow". Right? Bonk, not in this case; what I heard sucked. It was pop, but not like in a Samantha Fox type of way, more like nervous little girl singing on Mickey Mouse Club. Good God, man. I thought that when you get old, music is supposed to sound louder and freaky and confusing. I used to have a sticker on my guitar case that said "if it's too freaking loud, if it's too freaking heavy, you're too freaking old!" Music's not supposed to sound lamer and cheesier. Granted, I have a whopping zero music videos on whatever constitutes for MTV these days, but good god, man, I'm happy to have my musical taste frozen in the late 90s; kids today don't seem to know how to rock. 

lol... taste frozen... that's actually a pretty cool power... keeps things simple, clean and unruffled

:)

gogo

I am currently listening to Binaural beats from YouTube to help with my Tinnitus. If I did not have that I might be listening to something else, but I like most of all to compose my own music. I have a few music videos now on my YouTube channel if anyone is interested? Just let me know and I will give you a link to my YouTube Channel. I have mostly an eclective taste in music, other than punk, rap, country and western. My own music style is hard to explain what type of genre, it falls into. Personally I do not have one, as I do not think or feel it fits anywhere really, as odd as that maybe.

PS. Dispite having Tinnitus, I was able to compose all of the music that I have done, for my music videos, making music is of a great importance to me and I wasn't going to let something like Tinnitus get in the way of me at least being able to play my keyboards/Synthesizers, but doing that takes every ounce of my concentration.  I love listening to music, I just love being able to play music that just bit more, if you are not a music composer, not to worry, I do not expect you to understand that statement, but there is a real difference between listeing to a piece of music as to creating a music piece of your very own. Trust me when I tell you, that there is an actual dynamic difference.

Edited by SheHawk
On 1/30/2020 at 12:31 AM, Gilberticus said:

I so know what you mean. My taste in music is somwhere stuck between the sounds of the 70's right on through to the 90's. Modern day music is definitely not like the tunes of old, which were so, so much better in my personal opinion. I am glad that my music style that I play is not aged in anyway, at least I don't think so, my music is somewhere between Jean Michel Jarre and Vangelis, but on the whole I created my own unique type of music that I feel would sound okay even in the future, it's not everyones cup of tea, then again Jean Michel Jarre's music back in the day wasn't everyones cup of tea either and look where he is now.

Edited by SheHawk
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 5:55 AM, SheHawk said:

my music is somewhere between Jean Michel Jarre and Vangelis,

Hello SheHawk!

Do you know Lisa Gerrard? Ok, ok her style has not much to do with Mr. Jarre, but I think Vangelis and Lisa Gerrard have some similiarities. Listening to her music can be quite pleasant. Give it a try and let me know what you think. (The biggest problem is that users tend to use her tracks for dramatic videos, as you can see.)

Edited by Dax
On 3/9/2020 at 6:19 PM, Dax said:

Hello SheHawk!

Do you know Lisa Gerrard? Ok, ok her style has not much to do with Mr. Jarre, but I think Vangelis and Lisa Gerrard have some similiarities. Listening to her music can be quite pleasant. Give it a try and let me know what you think. (The biggest problem is that users tend to use her tracks for dramatic videos, as you can see.)

There is some Vangelian like influences and also the music is very much similar to Enigma. Here is a link to what I am curently posting on YouTube and an old favourite of my own, that I feel captures the very essence of Jean Michel Jarre.

Link 1: Sentient. Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y7e4sGon10

Link 2: Lucid Dreaming. Part 4:

• 2 weeks later...

Posted some songs of BandMaid a few pages back. Corona virus has meant some shows cancelled but some bands are streaming instead. About to watch a stream of BandMaid play in half an hour. Woot!

Also for any metal heads Lovebites will stream their Live DVD Battle in the East in 23 hours. Might be late for anyone in the US but they are worth it.

EDIT -  Battle in the East got deleted. Here's LoveBites - Daughters of the Dawn - Live in Tokyo 2

Edited by Augmint

Correct. No Mozart for me!

Its 10 pm here. Unfortunately the BandMaid stream didn't stay up. Did 5 songs (what they were going to do at Knotfest) and sound was smartphone quality. Oh well.

Lovebites will be good as its from their live DVD and I've heard a few of the songs,  

Edited by Augmint
On 3/11/2020 at 6:46 AM, Dax said:

Wow, you compose music on you own? Not bad. I fail already when I try to read some notes from a sheet. :smile:

I cannot read sheet music, I have the gift of the ear, meaning, I play tunes I hear in  my head, but not always, I will sometimes experiment for a little while and a tune will suddenly come to me. I am mostly a single handed player, but I can play keyboards with two hands, (not professonally) but in my own way. If a person can play a musical instrument, then they can compose their own music, being able to read sheet  music is a good thing, but it is not an absolute need or to be able to write sheet music, but that is just my personal view on the matter.

Edited by SheHawk
1 hour ago, Androdion said:

Yesterday me and a few friends who are all fans of music did a "quarantine musical challenge". So each of us chose 15 albums for all the others, as to listen to a different one each day during this initial lockdown period. Funny stuff since we've been at it since yesterday and the mind suddenly focus on something else rather than what's going on in the world right now. Since we all know everyone else's personal taste in more or less detail the idea was to recommend 15 albums different from the regular taste of each one, or close to personal taste but something still different. It has been fun and has forced us to keep in touch.

Right now I'm jamming Primordial, a band I haven't listened to in 15 years (thanks Covid!). Think Celtic folk meets early nineties black metal with an epic vibe and raspy clean vocals. If anyone here knows Bathory think of it like a more modern take on Hammerheart. Well, I'll leave it here.

This is a brilliant game, Androdion!  Its so distressing now to not be able to connect with others physically... something like this gets music back into our lives while sharing it.. maybe ill give it a go tonight with my own family too

:)

gogo

Yeah, we really need to find ways to keep our minds occupied with something else than distress. And like a friend of mine said yesterday, after complaining that it was being hard to keep up with his pre-school kid locked in house, at least they're together. There are far worse things than that right now.

Our main source of music: take a guitarm tambourines  and sing.

I can't really imagine how it is to be locked in a big town. My brother lives in one and he asked me in the very first moment the schools were closed if his kids could live at our place for a while. He is responsible for the money delivery in a bank and his wife was a flight assistant with special training in medical emergencies and now is a nurse. He said even if it is hard not seeing the kids for 4 weeks he feels better knowing them farer away from the infection hotspots.

So currently we are a full house with connected barn: own kids, granddaughter, husband of oldest, boy friend of second (parents diplomats out of country), au pair girl (who didn't know if she should stay or move back to new zealand), 4 nieces and nephews, my wife and me.

My mom and my parents in law moved to a house in next forest clearing.

Trying to do some variation in daily routine, like campfires with a guitar, making own garden designs, nephews and nieces not used to all the animals we have,...

We will prepare for the possibility that schools and universities won't open at 20th april. If no infections in 5 kilometres circle I will bring the kids to work for some practical training. Smith in village will show some horseshoe and knife making, old lady teaching sewing, ... More practical learning than theory. Computer learning for school is problematic because kids in town have far faster access to internet and video conferences are not possible for ours. They have to walk uphill for cellphone access. But other kids in village share the same problem and I already did a request for home teaching. I still have a license fro mmy time as assistant teacher at university.

If schools are opened at 20th april we consider to isolate the old people, probably at a nearby farm.

Árstiðir means "Season."  This song follows the life of a woman through the four seasons, from childhood to old age.  It's also captivatingly beautiful music.

Mastodon is one of my favorite bands, and rightfully probably the biggest metal band in the US right now.

I almost hesitate to post the video instead of just the pure audio, because their videos are always so ridiculous that they distract from the music itself (and the videos have never anything to do with the lyrics).

Still, maybe even if metal isn't your thing, you'll find the video as entertaining as I did.  :D  It's about LARPing. 

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Flix said:

Mastodon is one of my favorite bands, and rightfully probably the biggest metal band in the US right now.

I almost hesitate to post the video instead of just the pure audio, because their videos are always so ridiculous that they distract from the music itself (and the videos have never anything to do with the lyrics).

Still, maybe even if metal isn't your thing, you'll find the video as entertaining as I did.  :D  It's about LARPing. 

It was your intro that pscyhed me to stay for the whole thing.  I'm not such a huge metal fan...but your intro made me be patient...  And that gramps showing him "the way" just made me laugh and see Rambo... who dont like Rambo! :mafia: 

I have friends who used to larp around a lot in Montreal before... always meeting, always getting their gear ready...

This battle scene in the video made Larping look almost epic!

almost 

:tomato:

:lol:

gogo

• Haha 1

Okay, I'll jump in there :)

When I am playing Sacred 2 at the moment (that's the most important part here :D ), I usually like to put some Deborah de Luca to psyche me up during the fights!! ( Ezraelle, my litlle cherub-angel is really appreciative). 

here's a little playlist on youtube (I think, I hope I didn't messed it up :D ) -> https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=RqekNnE3sjg&list=RDAMVMRqekNnE3sjg

Also, one other thing which you might want to know about me, I did go through hell these past few years, and I am finally getting out of it ... there are quite a lot of proofs which are quite telling :D A lot of fitness, good physical hygiene (especially with eating), better sleep cycles, journaling and such ... it helps, it really helps :) But what helps even more are the auto-hypnosis session which I practiced a lot these past 12-14 months ... now that realllly helps!! People around me are so impressed, some even going to say they never saw me as good as I am right now :P

And I do like to have some kind of ... well ... musical background for this? One of my favorite is the anon end titles, for some reason I find it hypnotic, so much in fact that it is my main one to use during my self-hypnosis sessions ... which turns me into some kind of bouddha in that crisis :P

here it is -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN6leLgkOZ8

Sorry for talking a bit about me btw, I am not looking for pity or anything, quite the opposite in fact, just hoping to share some incredibly useful tools that really helps when things get though (again, I feel a bit like a l(granted young and tiny) buddah in this crisis. :)

Other things I like: As my pseudonym might tell, I am a fan of dream journaling, it helps for a lot of things and not just artistic endeavor (or finding good jokes! :P ). As such, I like to play dream-inspired bands.

I really like things such as cocteau twins ( https://music.youtube.com/channel/UCle3lHYlHgugefCCr78N1Gw ) but also indie bands like Alyeska ( https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=BVr67vrYsmI&list=RDAMVMBVr67vrYsmI ) and the luxembourg signal ( https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=IpzVwVaA5Cs&list=RDAMVMIpzVwVaA5Cs ) ... especially the later one, the song I've put in there is favourite of mine for ... personal reasons :) ( I was quite glad to support the band by buying their songs, despite having already downloaded them from the internet, even threw in an extra 5$ for good measure ... some of the best 15$ dollars I've invested in my life, true story ;) )

Now ... let's come back to Sacred 2 shall we? 

There's a classic I really cannot avoid mentioning. I do like to put the following song ... and force Ezraelle for a specific moment in the song before she's allowed to ... well ... FIGHT!! Listen to the song. The first one to guess the correct moment where my seraph is allowed to fight gets an instant like from me :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA

I hope you enjoy the songs! I know I will ;)

Take care of yourselves and loved ones, good messer's and messerettes :) 

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Droppin' some Pogo on ya!  In honor of me binging Star Trek TNG nonstop for what seems like months.  It's so catchy LMAO.

By the way the costume and lighting he did by himself in his home.  That alone is praiseworthy, it looks like he's actually filming on location!

• zomgod! 1