Currently Listening to... Share your music!

Guest gogoblender

Its a small environment for the video, but very well edited... makes for an interesting video to watch this holy divine Sunday :4rofl:

While today morning's sunday postings and some work....

Handel's Messiah hits the notes!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1
On 4/17/2020 at 12:45 AM, Flix said:

Droppin' some Pogo on ya!  In honor of me binging Star Trek TNG nonstop for what seems like months.  It's so catchy LMAO.

By the way the costume and lighting he did by himself in his home.  That alone is praiseworthy, it looks like he's actually filming on location!

I"ve been following Pogo for a few years, Flix...he is a GENIUS

this Trek video is some of the best editing I've ever seen...and POgo's inspired a bunch of knock offs... well, at this point i'll say he's "inspired" them... razor sharp video..he has their mannerisms down perfect

:thumbsup:

gogo

• Like! 1

There once was a 50-ties kid TV-series about a horse called Fury. A german band was choosing it for its band name: Fury in the Slaughterhouse. They made a song in 1993 which could have been wrote these times:

Every generation got its own disease

I'm going a little stir crazy. Normally, by this time of the year, I have my son's rockhounding sector of the sand pit zone in the backyard nicely raked out. I don't need him to follow in my footsteps, but I want him to have the opportunities I had, so I'll hide minerals and arrow heads and stuff in the sandy area of my backyard. When I was my son's age, dad would plow a few acres for corn, and have me go out to look for worms to fish later that evening. I've never enjoyed fishing that much, but I found a few arrowheads and a small quartz, and that sparked off all types of things for me. It got me interested in geology, gemology, Ohio history, Native Americans, my own family tree ( because my family is part Sioux). So, I want my son to have the same opportunity to enjoy the sun and discovery and learning and stuff that I did. So, I walked outside today to contemplate how much longer we should practice isolation and all this lovely stuff, and I discovered that my neighbors on the northwest edge of my property were playing cornhole; like a dozen of them. I can't see my neighbors in the south, but you know how sound  and scent travels through a valley; I smelled barbecue and heard Skynyrd, which means a few kegs are soon to arrive. Now, there are no reported cases of Corona in my county, but I didn't expect this . I expected people to slowly, cautiously emerge; like prairie dogs emerging after a predator attack. I think it's far too soon just to kick things back into full swing. That makes me feel a whole menagerie of things, but no emotion any stronger than any other, so I don't have an exact term for it. I have a few songs for when I'm in a mood like this; I can't say they compliment or are even because of my mood; it's just what I listen to.

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, Gilberticus said:

I'm going a little stir crazy. Normally, by this time of the year, I have my son's rockhounding sector of the sand pit zone in the backyard nicely raked out. I don't need him to follow in my footsteps, but I want him to have the opportunities I had, so I'll hide minerals and arrow heads and stuff in the sandy area of my backyard. When I was my son's age, dad would plow a few acres for corn, and have me go out to look for worms to fish later that evening. I've never enjoyed fishing that much, but I found a few arrowheads and a small quartz, and that sparked off all types of things for me. It got me interested in geology, gemology, Ohio history, Native Americans, my own family tree ( because my family is part Sioux). So, I want my son to have the same opportunity to enjoy the sun and discovery and learning and stuff that I did. So, I walked outside today to contemplate how much longer we should practice isolation and all this lovely stuff, and I discovered that my neighbors on the northwest edge of my property were playing cornhole; like a dozen of them. I can't see my neighbors in the south, but you know how sound  and scent travels through a valley; I smelled barbecue and heard Skynyrd, which means a few kegs are soon to arrive. Now, there are no reported cases of Corona in my county, but I didn't expect this . I expected people to slowly, cautiously emerge; like prairie dogs emerging after a predator attack. I think it's far too soon just to kick things back into full swing. That makes me feel a whole menagerie of things, but no emotion any stronger than any other, so I don't have an exact term for it. I have a few songs for when I'm in a mood like this; I can't say they compliment or are even because of my mood; it's just what I listen to.

Great band!

Saw them live in MTL years ago

yeeeeeeeeeeeeers....

:blink:

gogo

3 hours ago, Gilberticus said:

Great band!

Saw them live in MTL years ago

yeeeeeeeeeeeeers....

:blink:

gogo

Alright, I put three bands on there, and if I'm not mistaken, MTL is an abbreviation for Montreal. Also, if I'm not mistaken, all of these bands have played there. So, let's see if I can take an educated guess. I don't see you going to an Alice In Chains concert. I mean no offense at all, I just don't see you as an AIC fan. So, that whittles it down to Depeche Mode and The Cure. I could see you at a Cure concert, but my gut tells me you're talking about Depeche Mode. Correct?

• Respect! 1
3 minutes ago, Gilberticus said:

Alright, I put three bands on there, and if I'm not mistaken, MTL is an abbreviation for Montreal. Also, if I'm not mistaken, all of these bands have played there. So, let's see if I can take an educated guess. I don't see you going to an Alice In Chains concert. I mean no offense at all, I just don't see you as an AIC fan. So, that whittles it down to Depeche Mode and The Cure. I could see you at a Cure concert, but my gut tells me you're talking about Depeche Mode. Correct?

Ahahha

that was awesome 

And indeed .. I did see the cure live in concert.. I think it was back in verdun auditorium ... but it was depeche mode that I wanted to give homage to .. they were great!

😎

gogo

Awesome!

I think my favorite concert.... was Journey, because I think Journey my favorite "any mood" band. It's hard for me not to crack a smile when I hear some of their music

This one got me through some of the rougher patches in my military career. But this song ain't how I'm feeling at the moment. There are so many people chirping such a variety of different things about our current situation; I think I feel..... pensive, contemplative. My music for that mood sounds more like:

you saw Journey!  ... the big inspiration song...  I think tons of people have that in their head when they have their inspiration sound track running mentally... I mostly remember then from that first episode of Glee... with competitive national show choirs making that dramatic come back!

The editing here is great... who does not love Jane Lynch!!

:superman:

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

It's the fifth anniversary of The Witcher 3.  CDPR just released a new video of the main theme, performed by fans across the world collaborating from their homes.

Great endeavour! The theme performed with the huge variety of instruments and voice is epic!

How did the performers make this final cut ...there must have been so many applicants

:thumbsup:

gogo

Something not really related but somehow it is:

Music is Run Boy Run by Woodkid. Don't know the artist, but my God what an awesome tune to show off some amazing cars to. I love this vid and play it probably once a week. 

Also, this is probably my absolute favorite tune lately since the passing of Chester, after One More Light. This remix completely changed the atmosphere of the song but it is sooo goood. 

Edited by Timotheus

Best of the best cars?

I bet in a race from Frankfurt to my home I would beat all these cars with mine. I will probably be 10 minutes behind 5 miles before my home. But the last two miles I will pass them when the Autobahn became a secondary and then a small narrow forst road which needs 5inches ground clearance...

Florian Schneider , member of Kraftwerk died two weeks ago.

David Bowie lived in Berlin to learn from groups like Kraftwerk. He evendedicated a song to Florian Schneider:

And now some Autobahn driving...

The car of the VW Beetle closed, the air cooled Boxer engined started, and the drive begins...

14 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Something not really related but somehow it is:

Music is Run Boy Run by Woodkid. Don't know the artist, but my God what an awesome tune to show off some amazing cars to. I love this vid and play it probably once a week. 

Also, this is probably my absolute favorite tune lately since the passing of Chester, after One More Light. This remix completely changed the atmosphere of the song but it is sooo goood. 

Sounds like some pretty heavy trip hop from my rave days... portis head ...kinda?

:D

gogo

12 hours ago, chattius said:

Best of the best cars?

I bet in a race from Frankfurt to my home I would beat all these cars with mine. I will probably be 10 minutes behind 5 miles before my home. But the last two miles I will pass them when the Autobahn became a secondary and then a small narrow forst road which needs 5inches ground clearance...

Florian Schneider , member of Kraftwerk died two weeks ago.

David Bowie lived in Berlin to learn from groups like Kraftwerk. He evendedicated a song to Florian Schneider:

And now some Autobahn driving...

The car of the VW Beetle closed, the air cooled Boxer engined started, and the drive begins...

These guys cannot do any wrong

thats a great nostalgia hit Chattius

gogo

15 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Sounds like some pretty heavy trip hop from my rave days... portis head ...kinda?

gogo

Hmm I would say it's rubbing shoulders with EDM trap or chill,  but I understand your angle as well. :music:

• 2 weeks later...

I was quite sure that I hit save at the related word game when I did: pan flute -> trump

A german manufacturer for jew harps is Schlütter-Trump. A great jew harp player from Switzerland is Anton Bruhin. He made a CD 'Travels with a trump'. Trump as another word for Jew Harp. Even the english wiki names trump as another word for Jew Harp.

So here is 'The Who' using a trump Maultrommel. If the word Maultrommel hits filter programs too, it is really really just a tiny music instrument and we have like a dozen in the family.

I've listened to some aphex twin looong time ago during my rave days :music:  thanks for that mnemonic blast!

Our bb code is able to post the link for youtube directly, just copy past the url into the page and it will bloom

:)

gogo

This is probably going to pierce many ears in this forum but it's what I've been listening back to back since yesterday, my copy of Portals to Canaan finally arrived after almost two months! Conceptual story spanning both albums about an alien invasion and the end of mankind, you know, the tech sci-fi mechanical hyper technical stuff. Love it though, and with Erlend Caspersen playing on the first of the two that clanking bass is just killer. :D

• Like! 1
On 6/11/2020 at 12:13 AM, Androdion said:

This is probably going to pierce many ears in this forum but it's what I've been listening back to back since yesterday, my copy of Portals to Canaan finally arrived after almost two months! Conceptual story spanning both albums about an alien invasion and the end of mankind, you know, the tech sci-fi mechanical hyper technical stuff. Love it though, and with Erlend Caspersen playing on the first of the two that clanking bass is just killer. :D

Scrolled through both the vids and gave it a shot. Ear piercing is the wrong way to put it but yeah this is a bit niche I guess and it is beyond my liking :) but there's nothing wrong with having your own tastes. I never really fit the boxes during highschool. I would head out with my buddies to go party to EDM, but sneak out during the evening to head to a bar where other friends would hang, full of metalheads. I would stand out like a sore thumb in my sneakers, jeans and a slim-fit tshirt :lol:

I will be generalizing a little here but I do enjoy pretty much everything from edm to metal to country to jazz, and more niche stuff like drum & bass, retrowave, grime etc. Sometimes I wish I had a narrower taste. :lol: I love to chill to lo-fi vibes. Lately this has been my jam when I need to psych myself up to get some work done: 

:bounce::oooo::bounce::oooo::bounce::oooo::bounce:

Edited by Timotheus