Currently Listening to... Share your music!

Guest gogoblender

Speaking about movie and music...

There was a singer who was in a music studio and looked out of the window. He saw the Berlin Wall and a man kissing a woman at a watchtower close to it. The singer was David Bowie, the man his producer, the woman not the man#s wife.... The song wrote about it - Heroes.

To bring some difference into these corona time I installed a big projection screen and a beamer at the big rolling door for the firetrucks at the firefighting building. We did a baking day yesterday at the village baking house and the firefighting building is not far away. Luckily we are a small village so everyone could watch the screen and Jojorabbit while still keeping distance.

Bowie's doing Helden, Heroes in German, at the end of the movie

And this is Hero from the German Band Neu! which inspired Bowie.

On 8/3/2020 at 12:51 AM, gogoblender said:

We're having a rainy Sunday as well... after a loooooooooooooong day with the family yesterday eating eating eating... chilling with this exquisite sound track you've fyi'd to me ... 

terrific!

I'd forgotten the movie had this amazing music

:music:

gogo

Good knowing that you had a chill weekend. Although, I personally wouldn't call it FYI-ing. To me, talking about wholesome experiences and interests is something more organic ... more like "sharing" :hugs: I'm just glad listening to that kind of music brought someone else positive vibes like it did for me.

:gogo:

and I just remembered that a good number of Canadians speak French too. Maybe it's why it's clicked so well.

15 hours ago, Ysendra said:

Good knowing that you had a chill weekend. Although, I personally wouldn't call it FYI-ing. To me, talking about wholesome experiences and interests is something more organic ... more like "sharing" :hugs: I'm just glad listening to that kind of music brought someone else positive vibes like it did for me.

:gogo:

and I just remembered that a good number of Canadians speak French too. Maybe it's why it's clicked so well.

We're on that same lovely page! I just had a WICKED weekend with my family... we spent most of our time just eating food, sitting around, chatting and then ...eating more food... for six hours :lol:

productive?

maybe not.. but dang do my batteries feel energized!

:heart:

gogo

Wasn't currently but yesterday evening. I had to refresh my glider and trainer license for sail planes and I made a playlist of slow songs fitting to glider flying. Half of them was instrumental like Kenny G's Songbird. Even the title Songbird seemed fitting ;)

I plan to buy an own sail plane for the family. Probably an old (50 years) but robust and easy to maintain double seater Schleicher K7 for 8000Euro. We saved half of the money by not doing a holiday trip. The other half by not renting a glider. My wife, 2 oldest daughters and me already have a license. Third will start training this year. The glider is not only fun. It will be used for control fights over the forests. 3 summers with nearly no rain in series. When doing most of the flights as forest control flights I can put it also on the list for investements causing a tax reduction.

• Like! 1
On 8/8/2020 at 4:30 AM, chattius said:

Wasn't currently but yesterday evening. I had to refresh my glider and trainer license for sail planes and I made a playlist of slow songs fitting to glider flying. Half of them was instrumental like Kenny G's Songbird. Even the title Songbird seemed fitting ;)

I plan to buy an own sail plane for the family. Probably an old (50 years) but robust and easy to maintain double seater Schleicher K7 for 8000Euro. We saved half of the money by not doing a holiday trip. The other half by not renting a glider. My wife, 2 oldest daughters and me already have a license. Third will start training this year. The glider is not only fun. It will be used for control fights over the forests. 3 summers with nearly no rain in series. When doing most of the flights as forest control flights I can put it also on the list for investements causing a tax reduction.

I can only imagine what a sail plane must be up in teh air... and for multiple members...

Boss!

:superman: 

gogo

5 hours ago, gogoblender said:

I can only imagine what a sail plane must be up in teh air... and for multiple members...

Boss!

gogo

When I started sailplane flying it was thrilling in german skies. Lots of american, english and french military jets in the sky before re-union. A sailplane is painted white to reflect heat and it has a small silhouette if seen from the front. So when seeing a military jet you could only hope that he would respect that the area was reserved for sailplanes because the military pilots had big balls but bad eyes at these times. Thousands of cases when the camera build into a fighter jet had a sailplane on the tape while the pilot reported no contacts. To survive a possible wake you couldn't turn but had to stear towards the fighter. The clubs painted their sailplane red at the nose, the wing tips and the Wölbklappen (plane flaps). The plane flaps could be erased by 90 degrees to slow the plane. Our main use was to move them as quickly as possible in presence of a fighter to be seen. The plane flaps are the red painted flaps mid in the wing.

Segelflugzeuge_3082.jpg

The costs: Was lucky. My grandgrandpa was co-founder in1929 of the sailplane club and owned the farmland used for it. He made an 99 year agreement that the club can use the land and family members get the training for free. 8 hours work as fire control / tower / winch control / grass cutting on the air field is paid with one our flying with club owned machines. Our family still owns the land the club uses.

It are the 8 hours duty for one our flying which is disturbing now in corona times and with 5 family members with a license. That made me thinking about a cheap own glider to keep the licenses active and flying over the forests nearby to our house for forest control.

The feeling flying a glider...

There are long wingspan competition gliders which can fly for nearly a day, reach 300km/h and more, can fly a triangle with a side of 600 miles, using thermic...

And then there are idiots like me who fly an agile 'short' wingspan glider using the wind near hills. Albatross vs Eagle, both fun. but the eagle is cheaper ;)

My main instrument are 5 small 1 Cent red ropes around the cockpit to show wind movement. Picture is from english wiki who names them Yaw Strings.

450px-Glider_Instrument_Panel.png

John Denver was flying sailplanes and he did some songs and videos with him flying and singing. Think he was more an eagle than an albatross. But high mountain flying is something totally different again. I wouldn't do it if not underwised by a local pilot for local wind anomalies. I know my hills and they know theirs and you have to know your limits.

My best friend from kids age (who died from cancer) was a member of the flight club of Braunfels (the original, not the way bigger new one in Texas). It was two minutes after the start that we could see this (congrats to the one who did that photo, wasn't me or him) and fly circles around it. My older sister was born 200 metres away from the castle, 4 houses right out of the frame. I was born around 7 kilometres behind the hill in the background.

Perhaps we could try it with our third as photographer and me flying, It is just 15 minutes average soaring time away from my flight club. But you have to be lucky with the weather and light.

733a24744ef2997fe2598430186dc3a4.jpg

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The last one by gojira is great ... I've always been a huge fan of infographics...those flat diagram pix they used to describe what do do and what is going to happen... and your video made me think of a very old video that reminded me of this "tail" telling from a very favorite group of mine

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Yesterday evening at the table our third asked which was our favourite live concert. I said there was one before I met your mother when I was at vacances home at Wetzlar from army and I didn't know that there would be a concert. So I phoned army to be allowed to do a training with local volunteer firefighters. The training was to sit in a firetruck 8 metres from the stage for two days. So I got it all: stage build up, training sessions and testing sound and equipment, talking with the band  and a signed photo for our firefighter club with us and the band. Think I have to visit my old firefighters after corona to show the pictures to my kids.

Several covers, worst is by Metallica live in Amsterday, one of the best is the tribute to Golden earring by Rockwiz:

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

Ah, Russians in the woods playing a Japanese anime theme, which is itself Celtic folk music.  What a time to be alive.

This gets me so pumped for working on things around the house.

That word 'gregorian chant" ticked off the mnemonic in me head... I remember our choir master  mentioning that some of our songs were gregorian ...wish I could remember which one ... all hail volunteers!

:hugs:

gogo

I've just heard about this drummer... and from my nephew who had the "ear" and had loved drumming since he was a kid... saw his life on FaceBook the other day and followed his tune... im not such a strong follower of metal ...but this is insane

never saw drummer using arms and two legs like this

gogo

8 hours ago, gogoblender said:

never saw drummer using arms and two legs like this

Oh you sweet Summer child! :3lmao:

I could name so many drummers right now, but if you really want to be entertained you can watch any drum cam video from the likes of George Kollias, Flo Mounier, Sean Reinert (RIP) or in a completely different register, Neil Peart (RIP).

I know I should be listening to a lot of Cynic and side-projects, but I'm just in a totally different mood these days. Sadly this year has taken us both Seans from Cynic, both Reinert earlier and now Malone. So sad...

• Haha 1

This thead has become kind of a cool DarkMatters/Community/Playlist ... I look at it every morning and just click... cool way of feeling close to what everyone's listening to 

awwwwwwww

:hugs:
gogo

• 1 month later...

It's a bit complicated for our yet 15 year old to visit an art school without social contacts. It was an exercise to perform an emotional song in a language not known. She was a big fan of the youth book 'Ronja Robber's daughter' by Astrid Lindgren. In the movie there is a lullaby song by a mother alone in the house with young childs while a hungry wolf is outside.

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

A homework for our 15 year was to interpret an antiwar song. While the original is surely no antiwar song, this german cover is song from the view of a woman related to a soldier who is fighting in a distant land... Found the single in my archive and gave it to our third.

the translation