Currently Listening to... Share your music!

Guest gogoblender

Speaking about James Last in the related word quiz and that he was the composer of 'Der einsame Hirte' / 'The lonely shepherd' I listened to the Leo Rojas's version of it. Leo was a street musician in Berlin and won the german supertalent show with this song.

Somehow sad that James Last wasn't credited for 'lonely shepherd' in Kill Bill on the first copies. What would be Kill Bill without this song.

• Like! 1

This is kind of a maybe strange share your music "share your music " post...but how do you guys actually share your music? I've just started sharing my "music" with some of my family.. Schot, my cousin, uncle...and I've kind of gotten addicted to it...  I got apple music for 9.99 a month...and just adding any song that comes into my head from now or the past is just delightful...i just add them to my Romstar play list ...and boom...

They got the music in them!
:dance2:

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

This is kind of a maybe strange share your music "share your music " post...but how do you guys actually share your music?

By giving the key to the barn. We have all the records from us, our parents, kids, siblings, .... stored in the barn. Probably around 5000 long plays and 13000 singles.

But you probably ask about the after vinyl time music ;)

I mainly listen to radio. I like the randomness, the information given by the moderator, traffic and weather reports...

I still have my first radio which I bought from self earned money (newpaper delivery): Grundig Satellite 3400.

Good mixture of good sound and receiving all the radio bands. This was in a time when you mailed (not email) a radio station you were listening, reported the quality, theme and time. The station normally answered with a QSL-card. I had a nice collection, nearly as big as the one of my dad who was radio operator when at army.

The receiver was nice knowing new songs before they were played in german radios and recording them was a clear advantage when speaking to girls at school.

11.jpg

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 1:59 PM, chattius said:

James Last composer of 'The lonely Shepherd' announcing Gheorghe Zamfir live in London 1978 way before Kill Bill.

the instrument itself is quite exquisite

work of art

:thumbsup:

gogo

14 hours ago, gogoblender said:

the instrument itself is quite exquisite

That is what worries me having a daughter who is visiting a music and art school. When she was 5 I bought what I considered a cheap instrument (50€) for her at a garage sale, a mess of strings and wood but I thought I could repair it. While repairing I found a brand and asked my brother. He said it was a concert cither. Spending 500 more Euros it was fully functional again. My brother said still very cheap for such an instrument.

She can play every of our instruments at an above average level. But she prefers the zither, electric, concert or alpes versions.

But the zither is one of the instruments when you hear their names you know only one or two songs for them.

Pan flute: el condor pasa, the lonely shepherd and?

xyllophon: memories of circus renz

zither: theme from The Third Man, Johannes Strauß's : Tales from the Vienna Woods

By seeing this; Zither players are payed for sitting around while others play. Not the worst choose of an instrument.

• 1 month later...

This is a lovely album from someone who's known mainly as a novelty "shredder."  I find it very emotionally sweet and gentle, good for afternoons when I'm sitting wistful at the window, smiling at old memories.

• Like! 1

If you like instrumental electronic music, ever listened to Michael Rother's 'Katzenmusik' ? All pieces on the LP have just a number as title, 1 to 12.

I like 9 the most. Katzenmusik translated as cat music and I like cats ;)

Out third did a transformation to electronic zither and rythm machine as a training for art school

• Like! 1
16 hours ago, Flix said:

This is a lovely album from someone who's known mainly as a novelty "shredder."  I find it very emotionally sweet and gentle, good for afternoons when I'm sitting wistful at the window, smiling at old memories.

Or perfect breakfast music .. my mom's here in MTL for a few days visiting my Ammamma and she's away for the weekend at my uncle and aunt's and just got to wake up and slowly sip coffee while thinking about "family" 

:wub:

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

Our third visits an art school. Covid makes this a mix of home schooling and open air band meetings. Our 'family band' currently tries to support when she trains finger picking playing a guitar.

Gary Bolstand did a song called 'Indian Summer' when he studied in Berlin. Hannes Wader was known to him and so he had the okay for a german Version 'Heute hier, morgen dort'. Bolstand liked this version more than his own and so the german version was brought back into English as 'Day to Day, town to town'

The song is very emotional for me because we moved several times when I was a kid and my father was installing turbine electrics at another powerplant.

Three versions:  Wader singing the English version and then two videos showing the tabs and finger picking needed to play it for the interested among you.

• Like! 1
  • 2 months later...

Aaaaaand...just got some new apple airpods pros a few days ago... was putting up with some 40.00 Anker ear buds that Schot said were super value and were.  Super cheap, great bass, and some floppy rubber seals that fit well in the ears.  They did well for me all the way from February ( I think ?) till now... so a great value I managed to extract from them.

https://www.amazon.ca/Anker-Headphones-Lightweight-Connection-Sweatproof/dp/B01N6DC2ZE/ref=cm_sw_em_r_dp_dz_U_b9qEAb1Y3MYPX_tt

but I kept having so many issues  with them pairing in the morning before I shoot out the door into the dark.   I only have about thirty minutes after waking up and then swigging that coffee potion, and sometimes Id  run out with the ankers not  connected to one thing, or with a poor backup for songs... these new ones cost significantly more, but what a difference for just easy hook ups and  perfect pairing, and yah... dont they sound good and Booyah to Cyber monday pricing... putting together a good deal is so satisfying!

:d_dance:

gogo

Heh. if you stumble into an original ancient german Theorbe tell me, I will give you one of my Lamborghini's in exchange.

My daughter has to perform with an ancient instrument in addition to her electric zither for music academy. The Theorbe is close to the zither. Baroque lute with added thumb played bass. Bach wrote some parts for it.

• Like! 1
13 hours ago, Flix said:

This fellow is playing my favorite folk tune on a "Harp Guitar," a magnificent instrument which is like a guitar with an extra set of low bass strings as well a set of very high pitched strings that chime out almost like a music box.  With this amazing range and the sympathetic resonance of the many strings it is not unlike having an mini-orchestra in ones hands.  I'd love to try one of these guitars some day.

Its a beautiful instrument, something like that must be custom made, wont even consider the costs of something like that.  And regarding sympathetic resonance...l remember when taking PIano years ago when I was a kid, my teacher showing me  of this *magic* ..its like when you hit middle c and if yer holding down a higher C it will ring right? I guess music for this instrument must be complex to compose with all these other notes ranges being hit simultaneously.

:)

gogo

18 hours ago, Flix said:

This fellow is playing my favorite folk tune on a "Harp Guitar," a magnificent instrument which is like a guitar with an extra set of low bass strings as well a set of very high pitched strings that chime out almost like a music box.  With this amazing range and the sympathetic resonance of the many strings it is not unlike having an mini-orchestra in ones hands.  I'd love to try one of these guitars some day.

Very nice, and I wasn't even aware of this kind of instrument.

17 hours ago, chattius said:

Heh. if you stumble into an original ancient german Theorbe tell me, I will give you one of my Lamborghini's in exchange.

My daughter has to perform with an ancient instrument in addition to her electric zither for music academy. The Theorbe is close to the zither. Baroque lute with added thumb played bass. Bach wrote some parts for it.

That looks just like the actor who played Smeagol in LotR, ha ha. By Jove, now I can't unsee it! :3lmao:

• Haha 1

I've been very much into drum&bass recently, and at the moment I am enjoying the Forza Horizon 4 soundtrack by Hospitality Records. Intro song here: 

Full playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBSmwQHb9XE&list=PLgDnAjlGZItYBoylQXAV1GETXFqpuGo0B&index=4

You can also find Hospital Records on Spotify, and I can recommend Shogun Audio as well. 

Edited by Timotheus
  • Like! 1
On 12/3/2021 at 5:13 PM, chattius said:

Oops, I missed this.  I discovered the Theorbo sometime last year thanks to a channel featuring a classical guitarist who also has a keen interest in other "elder" stringed instruments.  If I understand right it was an Italian invention.

• Like! 1
8 hours ago, Timotheus said:

I've been very much into drum&bass recently, and at the moment I am enjoying the Forza Horizon 4 soundtrack by Hospitality Records. Intro song here: 

Full playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBSmwQHb9XE&list=PLgDnAjlGZItYBoylQXAV1GETXFqpuGo0B&index=4

You can also find Hospital Records on Spotify, and I can recommend Shogun Audio as well. 

I like beats, and I always found the music from forza entrancing, they did a good of meshing into the feel of a good drive with music

:)

gogo