Currently Listening to... Share your music!

Guest gogoblender

• 2 weeks later...

I recently came across this while watching some videos for game currency... It's kind of soft metal - a retro sort of thing you might have heard from REO Speedwagon way back in the 80's...

The only bummer about this video - the female lead in the story keeps turning into dust and vanishing on our poor hero... Then again, this song is about heartbreak...

It's pretty good tho...

Edited by wolfie2kX

I recently saw a link to a new artist on FB, and the song had an interesting name... so I followed the link and watched the YouTube video. great song, and a really good video(he paid for the video out of his own pocket, he is not signed to a recording studio and his songs can be downloaded for free, but you can pay whatever you feel you want to pay.

His name name is Steve Grand, and the first songs name is All American boy.

the second song and music video is called Stay, and is just as catchy and addictive to listen to.

Great thing about him is that he paid for everything himself, without having a recording deal signed and I think he really has an amazing voice and the songs comes from his heart...

Delta!

I've been a Blind Guardian fan for almost 20 years now, and after uploading those pics to the Wiki I can't seem to get them off my playlist:

MAN I get chills everytime I hear this one. It's even more awesome if you've read A Song of Ice and Fire (or wached the show I guess). abl0Hbge.gif?st=8yNofxZODsZU8CCnvHgOSQ&e

And a classic one, GANDALF's REBIRTH

I've read and watched the series, so yeah, listening to the song works well. :-)

For what I'm listening to now, I blame wolfie for this one:

If I can lynch him with pulled pork and gravy over the Internets, I would do it in a heart beat.

Why blame me? If the song didn't properly ROCK, you would have said "meh" and moved on with your life. If you must blame someone/something blame the Williams clan - Jeff for writing and Casey for singing. And of course, Monty Oum's gotta shoulder some of the blame for coming up with the series.

But I'll take an order of pulled pork and gravy.. In a heartbeat... At least until I had a coronary.. LOL..

• 3 weeks later...

There will be a vinyl party at my old school this weekend. Everyone has to bring some old LP (vinyl) for the music. No CD's or tapes allowed. Searched a bit and found:

The Nits: Walking on the Dutch Mountains

It seems people in the netherlands are speaking of hills as soon their cows have dry feet and mountains as soons a house has a second floor?

I was born in a valley of bricks
Where the river runs high above the rooftops.
I was waiting for the cars coming home late at night -
From the Dutch mountains.

I was standing in a valley of rock
Up to my belly in an early fog.
I was looking for the road to a green painted house -
In the Dutch mountains.
In the Dutch mountains
- mountains -.

I met a woman in a valley of stone

She was painting roses on the walls of her hame.
And the moon is a coin with the head of the queen -
Of the Dutch mountains; in the Dutch mountains.

I lost a button of my shirt today

It fell on the ground and it was rolling away.
Like a trail leading me back to the Dutch mountains

To the Dutch mountains, mountains

I met a miller on the back of a cow

He was looking for the wind
but he didn't know how.
I said: "Follow the cloud that looks like a sheep"
In the Dutch mountains
in the Dutch mountains

In the Dutch mountains
in the Dutch mountains.

Mountains
mountains
mountains
mountains
mountains

Buildings
buildings
buildings
buildings
mountains

• 3 weeks later...

@ Chattius:

The "Dutch Mountains" is a nick-name for the Dykes. Without them about half the country wouldn't even be there.

So basically the lyric's are written from a viewers point, while he's (or she) is standing in one of our numerous polders and looking at the environment. Considering half of our country is below sea-level (remember that next time when visiting the "Kuchenhoff" :P ), the Dykes seem like mountains.

As for my own music:

I'm currently listening to a recording I hoped to witness, but were unable to because of working hours.

When shooting a documentary called "Hello Quo", a young woman managed to get the original 4 members of Status Quo back together.

As a result they decided to so a small tour of 5 concerts in the UK in March 2013. The main reason for that small tour was that the bass-player Alan Lancaster suffers from MS and therefore has a lot of problems traveling from Australia to the UK, doing the rehearsals and concerts and travel back.

The reason I couldn't be there, was that the entire tour was sold out in 8 minutes. And my coffee break started 22 minutes after that. :(

So right now I'm listening to the Status Quo album "The Frantic Four Reunion 2013: Live at Hammersmith Apollo", recorded in Glasgow.

I've got to admit that hearing the "Old Quo" as they were before the big break-up in '81, bring a smile at my face. Some of the parts of the rehearsals at the "Hello Quo" - DVD brought tears in my eyes, as it clearly showed how much Alan Lancaster has suffered from MS.

Yet, the CD showed me clearly that this "Quo" was the best there was. They still sound like they did 40 years ago, for as long as they don't sing. Because that's the only thing showing how old these men really have become. The voices of Alan Lancaster and Francis Rossi have aged and are sometimes out of tune. The voice of Rick Parfitt is out of tune so often, you notice it when he actually hits the right note. :o

Still, it's one of the albums I wouldn't have missed in a lifetime. Perhaps because I've grown up with this band, perhaps because they're one of the most underrated bands the UK ever had. Either way, I got the "Live at Wembly DVD and CD" as well, so there's a lot to enjoy for the time being. :D

Thorin :)

11.11. at 11:11 the carneval season starts in germany. So trained yesterday evening some folk and fun songs with the fire fighter band. Will cover this one for example:

And yes there is a tuba :)

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

A relative is a member of this local band. They just did a nice video and collect money for a studio to make an album. The only real weakness is that there is no tuba part, but I bet 99.9% of the listerners will like it just because there is no tuba :)

• 1 month later...

This is, in fact, a vocal cover version to a remix version of a song:

Having heard the original vocals, which happens to be a Japanese singer trying to sing in German, what a difference coming from a native speaker. On top of that, the singer still put her own spin on the song, which really made this one stand out from the original. I'd show you the original, but that one is difficult to find on youtube, copyright infringement and all.

EDIT: OK, there is a way to compare.

Original by cyua here

The actual remix here

Edited by Aegis
  • 1 month later...

Oh. Mah... God.. What the heck is this monstrosity... Wait. Do I like this? I think I like this?! I should leave now before it's too late... :3lmao:

• Like! 1

I love Babymetal.

Yeh.. The whole idea is pretty EPIC... Young teen girls, thrashing speed metal, lots of sugar (for energy, of course) - Who can ask for more? :lol:

Oh. Mah... God.. What the heck is this monstrosity... Wait. Do I like this? I think I like this?! I should leave now before it's too late... :3lmao:

It's the best thing to come outta Japan in a LONG while..