Currently Listening to... Share your music!

Guest gogoblender

Duran Duran is more melodic. The song in question sounds more metal than 80's/90's pop..

Some people hear things differently. The first thing I thought of when I listened to the Sirenia song was an underlying melody that reminded me of the Come Undone song.

Evanescence has always been another favorite of mine (I have all their albums), and although I haven't heard much Sirenia yet, I would say Amy's voice is indeed a bit more powerful than the other singer's voice.

Hmm. Ok.. Not really hearing that. But I'll take your word for it..

Yeah.. Evanescence rocks..! Will be nice to hear from them again soon...

This reminds of something straight from the 80's, although I'm not sure why; but what isn't to like about a hot chic and creepy-looking vampire lead singer?

Reminded me of a lot of acts - from the 70's.. Alice Cooper, the whole Rocky Horror Picture Show thing...

And kinda from the 90's - Marilyn Manson...

Edited by wolfie2kX

From my childhood. A favorite. To this day, I can easily get lost.

;)

Queensryche was one of the best back in the day...Silent Lucidity makes me sad though, due to the fact that it came out right after my first girlfriend (true love) broke up with me (we were both 17). :cry: Still a wonderful song, however.

Did you know that Rush owes it's longevity to one simple personel change?

Look at their first studio album - Rush - the lyrics quite frankly are kinda simplistic and weak compared to later Rush offerings.

Fortunately, 2 weeks before their first big tour, they replaced the original drummer - John Rutsey with Neil Peart. The rest, as they say, is history. While Rutsey is/was a competent enough drummer, he can't hold a candle to Neil Peart - neither in terms of drumming, nor writing ability.

You can check this for yourself. Look at the credits from the first album - they are all credited to Music and Lyrics: Lee, Lifeson and Rutsey. But from their 2nd album - Fly By Night - the credits change drastically - Music: Lee, Lifeson, Lyrics: Peart.

The only exceptions to this arrangement - the EPIC drum solos found on live albums and in concert - those are Music: Peart - for obvious reasons.

And... YAY!! Rush will finally be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next month!!

OK.. Here's something from my teen years.. BEST rock opera... EVAR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbxevw2frak

Actually, only the 1st 20 mins.. The rest is the B side of the album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANiaZvdGO8U&feature=player_detailpage

My all time favorite RUSH. Hope you enjoy this sound as much as I do? The music and lyrics combined are hard to come by in todays standards.

I remain, :dance:

I think the thing I like most about Rush - besides the music - is the fact that Neil Peart doesn't mess around when he's trying to get a message across. Not that he messes around much on the drums either. He's always sharply focused - like a laser when it comes to both.

And then there's this track... when he goes into story telling mode - he manages to cram SO much detail into less than 5 mins with such few words...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o56zK-jcwM

In this case, the track is a bit longer - given it's done live. Still, you get the feeling that you've spent the afternoon driving around in the boonies.

Quite a few years ago, a long-time friend of mine and I were sitting around one day discussing the ultimate band line-up. If we could design our own bands who would we choose, etc. We both agreed that Neil Peart would have been the drummer.

That seems to be linked to a new game - God of War: Ascension...

I've seen the ad on TV - which is kinda whacked. The guy pictured above picks up a small child - and the kid turns to dust..

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • Like! 1

That ad was first played during the Superbowl, and pretty much sums up how messed up Kratos had become thanks to one bad choice and one freaky accident. As a result, he now wears the ashes of his wife and daughter on his skin. This ad also helped me discover not just the singer, but also its original artist.

Edited by Aegis
  • Like! 1

Nope. Getting errors now on videos - and pictures posted to external sources too. Thinking there may have been some new fangled security thing put into place.

Interestingly... In Chrome and Firefox, nothing shows up at all, but in IE 10, I'm getting an error saying:

The content cannot be displayed in a frame

To help protect the security of information you enter into this

website, the publisher of this content does not allow it to be

displayed in a frame.

What you can try: Open this content in a new window

The link pops up a new window - which then says it can't display the content because of some legal nonsense or other - and then offers the option of opening yet another window which is on YouTube... DOH!

Oh Gogo... Please have Schot take a look at it.. :D

Edited by wolfie2kX

Ahh, she's really one of my faves after a friend gave me few links to her vids. Never knew about any of those talent shows, as they're not my cup of tea. And I really don't watch that much tv either.

I posted my current faves of her works on the previous page. But if I remember correctly, there was something weird going on then, and they didn't come up as intented...

Anyways, she's the kind of violinist I wouldn't mind listening, and looking, honestly, more and more. And usually I ain't into dubstep at all, but somehow, here it fits just fine. ^^

I could dance to that as well. :) Just gotta tell myself not to look directly at those flashing lights. @_@

As for what I'm now listening to... well, this is one of the few things out of America's Got Talent that I actually liked

I've got two words that fit Lindsay Stirling and that vid: "Sensory Feast"

The way she dances would have made her the pefect prom date back in my high school days...sigh

I can't remember if anyone has posted this one before (it looks familiar, but hey I'm getting old); it's also quite good:

Saw another vid of hers on YouTube that already has over 52 million views in less than a month; wow, you don't see that very often. This girl is definitely going places. Very creative and artistic on so many levels.

Yeah, that she is Omni, that she. And looks really happy on most of the vids. Well, at least, when the atmosphere is right.

Just watched the Skyrim one once again. Somehow makes me all giddy and upbeat. :P