fRACTAL

What do you think of the 55hp monk?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think

• Great!!
    • Stupid build that makes decent UW teams hard to find :(
    • idiots build if they think they can use it for everything
    • whats a 55?

the 55 hp monk is a farming build used in underworld, what do people think and know abotu 55's.

Discussion :P

I think 2+3 because a) its hard to find good teams now and b) we had 2 55's on a team to kill rotscale (2nd hardest enemy in tyria) and they ran into a swamp and died in 3 seconds, and we'd wanted healers!

So 55's good or bad:)

:)

~Doom

Ah well.... I shall leave this thread with this quote, as I'm out of my depth, esp having just noticed this is a guild wars thread.... seems I was getting click happy after a long day out.

:) "AK-47 for when you absolutely positivley have to have to kill every motherf****r in the room" :P

I personally avoid what I consider "gimick" builds. I have played a monk at all levels of the game and competition...I have never played a 55 because it is a dedicated farming build..and I am the worst farmer...ever. 55 monks are designed specifically to fight things solo that do not remove enchantments..and also is the most "botted" (meaning people use a script and leave game unattended) build in existance.

I personally avoid what I consider "gimick" builds. I have played a monk at all levels of the game and competition...I have never played a 55 because it is a dedicated farming build..and I am the worst farmer...ever. 55 monks are designed specifically to fight things solo that do not remove enchantments..and also is the most "botted" (meaning people use a script and leave game unattended) build in existance.

a 55 monk when you are wanting a healer in the party is a very annoying thing. Espcially when you specifically ask people are they healing and they lie just to get in a group.

a 55 monk as a farming character is very good - especially in UW or hydra farming. Its a good way of getting items to sell, rare drops to keep.

speaking from experience they are very difficult to get good at, the skills needed are very specific and hard to get, the timing for castings must be excellent and also you need to pay attention to your timers to make sure you dont loose an enchantment right in the middle of a fight. Which isnt always easy to do!

I made one for the challenge, and yes because I was greedy and wanted to make money....it worked.

• 6 months later...

I have to say I truely love playing a 55 when it is appropriate, being able to go out and kick the crap out of stuff with your monk is fun. :bye:

But I keep more then 1 set of armor for my monk depending on the situation, as I also have played as a main healer in GvG, as well as in main campaign.