The Warrior and the Mark of Pain

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

Well

It seems like I've found my enhancement of choice

lol, at least for now and against mobs

Mark of Pain is quickly becoming my warrior's weapon of mass destruction.

I've pulled back some on my strength and now share mark of pain and strength at 8 each, weapon maxed out and tactics at nine.

Maybe it's the new nightfall upgrades where, when using:

1-Mark of Pain

2-Frenzy

3-Triple Chop

My screen goes ballistic with beautifully bouncing cartoon damage balloons!

This is fun, I've never seen damage like this before and never seen so many online enemies reduced to about half hp all round me so fast.

I'm getting +24 Shadow Damage to ALL monsters in range in ADDITION to my vampiric damage PLUS normal melee damage...all from one hit.

The Shadow damage is armor ignoring as well!

Drawbacks...at ten E per use...it's heavy on the E regen...but as an opening strike...it is currently the best thing I've found with all damage having zero chance of being deflected.

I'm having to be more careful with my first attack placement when studying mobs from a distance, whilst making sure I choose a target in the middle.

Strangely enough...with all of these frenzied attacks going out so quickly...oftentimes, the repeated shadow damage to all of the surrounding enemies reduces the surrounding enemies hp faster than my target, lol!

So, is there something I'm missing here?

Is there greater drawbacks using Mark of Pain on mobs down the road?

Tks to the ingame Necromancer, Schots Bane who recommended this.

Brilliant

:bow:

gogo

p.s. I've posted this as well in guru which you can find by clicking here:

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10069924

Just be very careful with the use of Frenzy, as a healer, I will let a warrior die that uses this too much at the wrong time..not out of spite..more out of it would take way too much energy to try and keep that warrior alive...I'll let him die in order to save the entire party. Your making your warrior..a glass cannon..worse..a glass cannon at melee range with tons of baddies. Defense is just as important as offense.

When I play a warrior, especially in monster bashing sessions, I make a balanced mix of offense and defense. People count on my steady damage and ability to take damage. Melee has several counters..evasive stances, blocking, and wards reduce your effectiveness...as well as hexes that stop you from getting adrenline, energy, or just out right cause you damage everytime you swing (spiteful spirit). So to answer your question..everything is situational...have serveral builds...and have a balanced build for when you are entering and fighting the unknown.

As for drawbacks with Mark of Pain..it has good synergy with melee, but shares the same vulnerability of an enchantments, they can be removed..or even used to damage you.

Guest gogoblender

heh, I absolutely agree, Cyg

In a group, I'd really have to redo my build opting out for more def.

I guess this is just me having fun and seeing what kinda sacred-esque effects I can pull off with the warrior and mass damage.

I've brought my shadow damage up to 32 now...with some cool results

This is a quick video clip taken in Elona's reach.

th_gwmop.jpg

Hugely fun this Mark of Pain is

:)

gogo

I checked Mark of Pain as well, if I am not mistaken..it is a Hex not an Enchantment. For farming Minotaurs, sure it works fine...if you get jumped buy Scarabs or shooting Devourers...it looses its pizzaz. There are a lot of fun builds out there. Mixing skills, gear, along with your playing style and ability...really makes it a great game. My personal preference are classes that have impact on the entire group, since I like to help more than myself. So Monk, Elementalist, and the new Paragon tend to be my favorite.

Guest gogoblender

yeah yer right...mark of pain is kinda only useful, at least so far as I've found, in very select areas. Using it has really gotten me deeper into the mechanics of this game and I'm starting to get a better understanding of damage and how it works.

Still though...gotta love those bouncing damage balloons

:BlobRed:

gogo

I was enjoying you video again..I noticed your interface realized how differently we have it set up. I also noticed you click on your skils, I use the number keys. I use my mouse for targeting baddies or target partry members on the list...since I play as a healer a lot, I need to be able to target someone and execute healing and protections rather quickly. I also make use of multiple weapon slots to switch on the fly.

Guest gogoblender

ahhh, you caught that huh

lol, I've been lazy :)

I have a really cool toy I use...the n52...but I've never really gotten around to makin it work fer this game.

This little puppy was the only way fer me to run so many Combat Arts at once...I guess time to get it goin fer GW too.

Thanks fer the poke

:cow_white:

gogo