What is a focus?

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

heh, I keep reading about this but I can't seem to figure out what this is.

Negative energy exists in this game...something we never had in Sacred. That trick of casting from a high level slot and then switching to a lowlevel ca slot and get the faster regen that comes with it doesn't work here.

So...can someone please explain?

Thanks!

:)

gogo

Casters tend to use Staves...or a Wand and Focus. Foci are secondary hand slots...the picture with Cygnus and her wings..in one hand she has her wand..in the other..her focus. Most foci are designed for caster to give +12 energy and addtional benefits. Alot of none caster use Foci for a quick energy boost in an alternate weapon slot..or even to go with a certain build.

Guest gogoblender

Cygnus, can you think of any way a warrior can use a magical focus to extend, or amplify magical spells cast?

I've tried and tried...but...dunno, maybe I'm jsut dumb here...I can't seem to find the mechanic that will do it.

halp!

:)

gogo

All foci have a required attribute to get the energy bonus...most staves on have a requirement to do damage..the energy is given regardless...the only advantage to a warrior is have extended energy beyond what they normally have excess to...Some foci offer +5 Armor and +45 Health while enchanted..so many Warrior.Monks use that along with some protective enchantment..all in what you are looking for and why...