Sacred 2 Community Patch Installation Guide

• The topic was pinned

I just love the care and forethought you've put into your guide :cow: 

There's been years of work thats gone up on the boards for this game, and having a travel-guide through all the different ways to play this game is a brilliant way to take a step back and see it from all of the new journeyer's eyes who make their way to these boards

Thanks Steve for all your effort. It must have taken a lot of your time time to cobble this together. 

The writing is engaging, and the links are are very helpful.

Appreciation friend

:gogo:

gogo

Thank you very much for your kind words, Rommel! :friends3: After reinstalling the game again (because I missed it sorely) I found myself having to scramble to find all the files I needed and information that I wanted in order to make a decision about what Patches and Mods I wanted. I figured that if I, one who is very familiar with the Game and this site was feeling a bit burdened by the process, others, especially those new to Sacred 2 would likely find it a bit daunting as well. I want it to be simple for anyone to get the game up and running their way and quickly so they can just play Sacred 2 and have fun slaying Kobolds already!

:woot:

• 1 month later...

I get an error while trying to install this. I opened the game for a bit too and still get the same error: patch cannot delete target file X. I tried moving the file out of the folder but it kept saying it with all the files, ending up taking around 15 files out. When it was done, however, all the files it "installed" vanished. 

• Like! 1

The patch will not install to effect if there are any preexisting game files or folders present from a previously installed version. It must be a "clean" installation. Could this be the issue?

• Thanks! 1
13 hours ago, dw24 said:

I get an error while trying to install this. I opened the game for a bit too and still get the same error: patch cannot delete target file X. I tried moving the file out of the folder but it kept saying it with all the files, ending up taking around 15 files out. When it was done, however, all the files it "installed" vanished. 

dw24 you've landed in just about one of the best places on the interweb to help you get going with your shiny new CMPatch. 

Happy you've found your way here over to us, I'm just here to welcome you to the forums!

:)

gogo

• 1 year later...

Hooyaah!!

Clean install, New windows 10 crud is BLOCKING ANY patch or update file I try;

I have the UK version, 2.40 & 2.45 which updated FINE on Win7.....

Nor will my  save files work. The old "incompatible" trick.

I run as admin, no go. What gives? :dance:

Thx, Marco* 

Sacred2PatchBlocked.jpg

Edited by Xmar
add jpg
  • Like! 1

I would wager that your issue is because you are trying to run the game from a protected system file folder. I would recommend running it from an alternate drive, If you only have one drive create a new folder and name it Sacred 2 Gold. Try installing to that folder "C:\Sacred 2 Gold\"

• Appreciation 1
6 hours ago, Xmar said:

Hooyaah!!

Clean install, New windows 10 crud is BLOCKING ANY patch or update file I try;

I have the UK version, 2.40 & 2.45 which updated FINE on Win7.....

Nor will my  save files work. The old "incompatible" trick.

I run as admin, no go. What gives? :dance:

Thx, Marco* 

Sacred2PatchBlocked.jpg

Mooooooooooooooorning Marco from sunny Montreal Quebec...just here to give our famous and hearty welcome to Darkmatters cheer out!

and...complimentary Maple Syrup 

Happy you're loving the game, and and you've found our tiny community, looks like Hooyah's guide is ever helpful to you this community!!

:drool:

gogo

• 4 months later...

I can't seem to download the GME from softpedia. Any obvious troubleshooting I might have missed/not thought of. I am in Denmark (EU) on an oldish PC (windows10, microsoft account logged in, McAfee LveSafe) with pretty good broadband internet.

When I try to download the file from softpedia it displays this:

Screenshot of the Download Window

And when I click on the apparent download mirror.. absolutely nothing happens.. it doesn't seem to matter how long I wait. The download just doesn't become activate-able.

Is this an issue anybody else has had? (Edit: Probably some sort of safety issue with my system. But I couldn't figure it out.. nevermind. I installed the files manually).

Is it btw nescesary to have this tool? Can't I just make a backup of the files that will be changed and then copy/overwrite them from flix files directly?! (I want to enable the Enhanced Edition Mod)

Edit: Yup, that seems to work just fine :thumbsup:

Edited by Xylothia
Have additional question

Have you tried another mirror or site? There are quite a few available. It's easier to revert changes with GME, otherwise you'll risk missing a few files here and there and that can disrupt the stability of your instalation.

Thanks for the reply. I guess you can change the mirror in the some option-type place at the site then. I just expected it to show me all available mirrors, and didn't think to look for the possibility to change it sowewhere else.

Hope that can help someone then. Right now I actually like-/find it interesting -messing around with the files in the mod :) 

Edited by Xylothia