Hi Everyone

Hi Guys

With all the stuck at home regulations, I've been playing Sacred 1 / Underground again!

I have a gold caster Seraphim and working on multiple battle mage builds: GoW + maybe meteor mage; Fire Spiral mage. Thinking of doing a third one with ice shards. I guess it depends how long lockdown is and whether I do more productive things.

I have a  lot to do work wise too, but gaming in between is relaxing.

Hope you're all safe and well.

Z

Welcome to the Forum Zettt. 

I hope you have as many wonderful years of posting on here as I have had. This is a great and very friendly community.:almirena_01:

25 minutes ago, Delta! said:

Welcome to the Forum Zettt. 

I hope you have as many wonderful years of posting on here as I have had. This is a great and very friendly community.:almirena_01:

Thanks. Do you guys also chat on IRC, or just posts?

22 hours ago, Zettt said:

Hi Guys

With all the stuck at home regulations, I've been playing Sacred 1 / Underground again!

I have a gold caster Seraphim and working on multiple battle mage builds: GoW + maybe meteor mage; Fire Spiral mage. Thinking of doing a third one with ice shards. I guess it depends how long lockdown is and whether I do more productive things.

I have a  lot to do work wise too, but gaming in between is relaxing.

Hope you're all safe and well.

Z

11 hours ago, Zettt said:

Thanks. Do you guys also chat on IRC, or just posts?

HI Zett

Happy to see you've made it here on the boards and sorry no irc.  We're  a forum, wiki, downloads and posts... best way for us to document this games technical threads  with links to our Wiki, game play guides, sacred 2 game downloads 

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

10 hours ago, gogoblender said:

HI Zett

Happy to see you've made it here on the boards and sorry no irc.  We're  a forum, wiki, downloads and posts... best way for us to document this games technical threads  with links to our Wiki, game play guides, sacred 2 game downloads 

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

Thanks!

I've been reading the forum and it looks like here and there people still play Sacred 1 / Underworld.

What is the best way of exchanging items between players (I.e., my toons)? I see you can do it with multiple instances on LAN, but I'm not sure if I want to use the Reborn mod rather than just playing Sacred 1 vanilla.

Z

Edited by Zettt

Hi Zettt :bye: hope you enjoy your time in S1! Ik known there's a few people stille playing, hope they find this thread. 

I'm planning to come back to S1/Sacred 2 at some point, but right now I've got others to play!

8 hours ago, Zettt said:

When I start LAN, it gives an error something like "Code -20 cannot create log data message". Do you have any idea what causes it?

Select Cable/ISDN instead of LAN in the options menu. Then try to run a multiplayer session again.

4 hours ago, Dax said:

Select Cable/ISDN instead of LAN in the options menu. Then try to run a multiplayer session again.

Thanks!!!

Sorry for all the questions, I have only one more. Do you know where to get the advanced configuration tool?

Edited by Zettt
1 hour ago, Zettt said:

Thanks!!!

Sorry for all the questions, I have only one more. Do you know where to get the advanced configuration tool?

Never heard of such a tool, but Sacredvault.org might be useful. Here, take a look.

http://www.sacredvault.org/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl

You can fool around a bit with Sacreds Settings.cfg too, but make a savety copy of it before you start.

19 hours ago, lacr said:

but as far as I remember you don't need any mods for dat : http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred:Prism's_SP_Masterguide,_SP_Tips_%26_Tricks:twitch:

lol I remember Prism... he would post and post and post...about how how unfair this game was because SP Players could not get all the advantages MP players... he would spend days and days trying to find his righteousness...

lo and behold  ... Prism's CP Masterguide...

the world... was never the same

:hooyaah:

gogo

3 hours ago, gogoblender said:

lol I remember Prism... he would post and post and post...about how how unfair this game was because SP Players could not get all the advantages MP players... he would spend days and days trying to find his righteousness...

lo and behold  ... Prism's CP Masterguide...

the world... was never the same

:hooyaah:

gogo

Well I can tell you that the immediate thing that this causes is I now want all 7 classes and play them at the same time so they level more or less the same haha. Of course the snag is you can only really exchange all the items at the end of each difficulty level. But I think that's fair anyway, makes more sense to start platinum after the 7-way exchange. Jeez, is there even such time in the universe!!? Edit: or even gold... 7 chars likely to give you some nice set items by the end of silver.

Edited by Zettt
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Dax said:

Never heard of such a tool, but Sacredvault.org might be useful. Here, take a look.

http://www.sacredvault.org/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl

You can fool around a bit with Sacreds Settings.cfg too, but make a savety copy of it before you start.

Prism refers to the tool in that post that you linked. He says he uses it to take away default skills. This makes a lot of sense to me if you have a very specific build in mind.

Starting skills can be changed by editing the settings.cfg. In a limited way. Picking level restricted skills is not possible. Ufos Hero Editor cant help here. Besides, you will have access to all hero related skills at level 50, that is not that far away. Assigning non-class related skills to your hero, like Vampirism to a Battle Mage, does not makes sense. Ufos tool is useful to test a build quickly, or a certain set, that is true.  It is also useful to rescue a screwed up hero. Happens now and then when it is your first run. I suggest to get a guide and to build your hero step by step. After a while you will drop everything and go your own way.

6 hours ago, Dax said:

Starting skills can be changed by editing the settings.cfg. In a limited way. Picking level restricted skills is not possible. Ufos Hero Editor cant help here. Besides, you will have access to all hero related skills at level 50, that is not that far away. Assigning non-class related skills to your hero, like Vampirism to a Battle Mage, does not makes sense. Ufos tool is useful to test a build quickly, or a certain set, that is true.  It is also useful to rescue a screwed up hero. Happens now and then when it is your first run. I suggest to get a guide and to build your hero step by step. After a while you will drop everything and go your own way.

Oh, I just mean for example to take away Magic Lore as a strarting skill if you want do a melee build.