Blessed Light Monk

Cygnus

There were a few of us using this hybrid monk before it became mainstream. If you battle other players, you will encounter variants of this build. I will admit seeing it used a lot is a mixed feeling to me. I am glad people recognize how useful the build is, yet on the other hand, it feels like someone is using your secret recipe. I did not share this build with too many, but since it is mainstream, it is rather pointless not to. It is extremely verstile, effective, and hard to completely shutdown. It remains my favorite build to date.

Blessed Light Monk

Monk

Divine Favor 11

Protection Prayers 10

Healing Prayers 10

*these are base attributes without runes, the attributes can be adjusted to maximize the spells you chose and also put into Secondary class attributes if you decide*

1. Reversal of Fortune

2. Blessed Light. Heal target ally for 10-94 Health and remove one Condition and one Hex. This is an elite skill. (10 energy) (3/4ths cast) (5 recast) No single other monk skill can do so much and in any situation.

3. Gift of Health. All of your other Healing Prayers skills are disabled for 10-6 seconds. Target other ally is healed for 15-123 health. (5 energy) (3/4th cast) (5 recast)

4. Signet of Devotion.

5. Protective Spirit.

6. Mend Condition.

the next two slots are optional, and can even use Secondary class skills if you wish.

7.& 8. Guardian or (Some form of Hex removal), (some form of interrupt protection), (or anything else you can envision and make work well)

Guest gogoblender

ahhhh, the Blessed LIght skill

First off Cyg, thanks fer posting a build that means so much to you. lol, I hear ya about the mixed feelings. Guess you'll have to think of yourself as a parent and get some joy from seeing something you love so much shared by others.

;)

As well...*sigh* Because of this post and some of the other incredible posts about this skill in Guru, I've been looking at making a raid deep into Factions ONLY for this. lol, I truly hate the beginning of Factions...those sky stolen skies goin on and on and on and on...

you get the picture.

Well, as it does turn out I DO own Factions, and so last night me and Schot started doin speed ventures into the game ONLY to get this one skill.

hahahha

well, it's a lot easier now and the missions are goin faster. Guess it's cuz I finally got a better understanding of game mechanics after muddling my way through Prophecies fer the first half.

Blessed Light shall be mine!

:cha (18):

gogo

p.s. btw...I saw that a lot of peeps in Guru were using this for their heroe monks.

Cyg would you recommend this build for Heroe monks as well?

or...muhahah...do you have another secret recipe yer willing to share about hero monks wielding this skill?

Thank you!

The problem with the Heroes using Blessed Light..is they will use it whenever a teammate is suffering from a condition or hex and they do not have another skill available to use (or the other removal skills are recharging). at 10 energy a pop, your hero will probably run out of energy rather quicky when hit with mass conditions and hexes. For a 4 person team..you might be able to get away with the Hero using a Blessed Light build..for 6 or 8..they will have energy issues. Also remember a Hero will try to remove condtions and hexes from pets and minions...

For player versus player you will likely encouter Monk/Assassins most often...in the optional skill slots people will use spells like Return and Death's Retreat.