Channeling v.s. Glyph of Lesser Energy

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

Hey guys!

I"m looking more in depth at my energy management techniques for my heroes.

I'm at a point in nightfall now, where I have to use Zed, and so I"m looking to level him up to twenty and tighten up his spell casting.

I have both Channeling and Glyph of Lesser energy...which one do you think would work best on a hero caster Elementalist AND Monk

heh, Cyg...lol, this post has yer name on it!

:D

gogo

My Zhed uses nuker, or a build based on the damned Ruby Djinn and use glyph, you don't want no filthy mesmer skills :D

:)

~Doom

Guest gogoblender

lol, sorry Tim, heh didnt quite understand that

Is there maybe a comparison somewhere of energy management for heroes maybe?

And is there a reason why you think mesmer skills are no good?

Thanks!

:D

gogo

Some good energy management skills and Zhed builds I use.

Enchantment Zhed..very useful if maintaining enchantments is not a problem and likely the most energy efficient build that also includes self healing.

Fire 12

Energy 10

Water 8

1. Mark of Rodgart (burning hex)

2. Fireball (damage)

3. Glowing Gaze (damage and energy)

4. Steam (damage and blind)

5. Elemental Attunement (elite) (energy)

6. Fire Attunement (energy)

7. Aura of Restoration (heal)

8. Resurrection skill

Inspiration Mix Zhed useful for when enchantments are not an option, also gives Zhed to interrupt skills

Fire 12

Energy 8

Inspiration 8

Water 7

1. Mark of Rodgart (burning hex)

2. Fireball (damage)

3. Glowing Gaze (damage and energy)

4. Steam (damage and blind)

5. Energy Boon (or elite energy management of choice) (energy)

6. Power Drain (energy and interrupt)

7. Leech Signet (energy and interrupt)

8. Resurrection skill

Last build is a bit more of a mix for Zhed.

Searing Build

Fire 12

Energy 8

Inspiration 8

Water 7

1. Searing Flames (elite) (damage and burning)

2. Glowing Gaze (damage and energy)

3. Steam (damage and blind)

4. Fire Attunement (energy)

5. Power Drain (energy and interrupt)

6. Leech Signet (energy and interrupt)

7. Aura of Restoration (heal)

8. Resurrection skll

All the fire builds are designed for constant area damage and burning. Steam offers a nice, cheap and effect blind and damage spell when combined with burning. Glowing Gaze is damage and energy management. Also these builds combine very well with Paragon's shout, They're on Fire..as well as skills that have synergy with enemy hexes and conditions.

Lightning and Water are good elemental combinations as well. There are many cheap lighting spells that can be constantly used and have synergy with Water. Use Lightinging Attunement and other energy management skills.

Earth and Necromancy Curses (especially mass weakness) combine well. These skills have effects on Weakened targets: Stoning (damage+knockdown) Glowstone (damage+energy)..Ash Blast is good to use on knocked-down foes, it will cause damage and blindness.

Avoid giving your hero skills that are point blank around the caster, because they will run up to foes and try to use them (I.e. Lava Font, Aftershock, Whirlwind)...unless you are configuring your elementalist as a point blank damage dealer.

As to your question, Channeling or Glyph of Lesser Energy. Channeling is really only useful if you plan to configure to have you mage charge into point blank range and unload spells (which is not my preferance); running an Attunement and Channeling and using fast casting and recasting point blank area spells can be very effective. Glyph of Lesser Energy is useful for players and when you have some higher energy spells (15 or more energy to cast and many use this in conjuction with a duo Searing Flames hit). If you cast mostly 5 and 10 energy spells..Glyph has less value. I generally say players find Glyph of Energy easier to use.

For non-elite energy management my preferance for Heros is Power Drain and Leech Signet...the computer has the reflexes to use them well and they both return excellent energy..as well as servering as a way to interrupt enemy spells. My hero monks use these two skills as well.

You can configure a Minion Master Hero (Eve the necromancer Henchman also) to do double duty also as a team energy battery using Signet of Lost Souls and Blood Ritual. Remember is it more the general build of a charatcer and a team to what skills work better.

Guest gogoblender

Dang...lol, sorry to say this again, Cyg...but yer a genius!

lol, sorry to post back here so late but I had to try out a lot of yer builds...

smashing to say the least!

I'll come back and post more, but I"m having a ton of fun now with leech signet combined with Channeling.

I like what you said about your monks getting in close and unloading their spells...kinda my style, heh

Back off two GW, and I'll post some serious findings about your post

Again...

Thank you!

:o

gogo

Your welcome :bow: Thanks for the compliment as well, I do try! You can easily see the vast amount of skills available, plus all the changes ANET makes (for instance Glyph of Lesser Energy used to only apply to the next spell you cast...not 2 as it currently is)..coming up with builds that fit your style and ability..and then meshing that into an effective team concept is challenging. Most games give you a very defined way to do things...Guild Wars leaves it up to your imagination. I tend to focus on Monk, Elementalist, Paragon, and Ritualist..so most of my knowledge is based around them...if you need Ranger advise...I am definately not the person to ask :bow:, but...I do know ALOT of Rangers...and can find out!

Ranger... what? Lone Ranger?! Hi ho Silver!! :o

Ok A) Mesmer skills mean you need mesmer attributes B) You are an elementalist C) I'll post the build so yous understand :o

:bow:

~Doom

Actually Tim, I disagree...big time. Elementalists often are much more than elementalists, since they have a large energy pool and excellent energy management options, they can often can cast expensive spells continously that other casters would not. It also makes them very verstile. In most GvG Elementalists split with Monk attributes and skills, like Heal Party, Extinguish and Aegis. Elementalists/Mesmers can specialize in Illusion can continually cast expensive and deadly degenergation hexes. Also a lot of Elementalists use the Inspiration skills like Mantra of Resolve to becomes highly interrupt resistant as well as having addtional energy management options. Bottom line Elementalist can do a lot with secondary class skills, and to simply discount that fact is....unwise.

Yeah but Mesmer skills (usually) require high fastcasting, otherwise they are slow.

Although I agree they can be very powerful spammers of higher skills for other classes.

if you need Ranger advise...I am definately not the person to ask

But I am, Primarily a ranger, have experience in every area with one :3lmao:

:3lmao:

~Doom

• 2 years later...
Hey guys!

I"m looking more in depth at my energy management techniques for my heroes.

I'm at a point in nightfall now, where I have to use Zed, and so I"m looking to level him up to twenty and tighten up his spell casting.

I have both Channeling and Glyph of Lesser energy...which one do you think would work best on a hero caster Elementalist AND Monk

heh, Cyg...lol, this post has yer name on it!

:)

gogo

oh , why are you play so good , I need your help , and my character will be die , and I can not play it again , I do not know the reason , if I join a party , and I think it will be good , but I need a higher level characterhelp me