Why are people buying Trade Contacts?

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

I keep seeing this offer now in a number of towns in NIghtFall. In once case, one of the dudes was offering to buy the contacts for 1000g a piece!

:)

I tried to ask someone about what he wanted it for but the response was vague and nebulous.

Can anyone here please share some insight into this?

Thanks

:D

gogo

I keep seeing this offer now in a number of towns in NIghtFall. In once case, one of the dudes was offering to buy the contacts for 1000g a piece!

:)

I tried to ask someone about what he wanted it for but the response was vague and nebulous.

Can anyone here please share some insight into this?

Thanks

gogo

Trade Contracts can be turned into a Vabbian trade merchant in the Bazaar for either rubies or sapphires (I forgot which or if it is both) 7 trade contracts = 1 gem. I think the current market price for rubies and sapphires is around 8 to 9 platnium each.

Guest gogoblender

wow!

lol, Cyg that's an amazing heads up you offerred!

hee hee...glad I kept my four...now...I just gotta find me three more!

And I didn't know rubies and gems were so expensive.

Why?

Are they like Black dye where you can do something with them?

Is there any use for them at all?

Thanks

gogo

Guest gogoblender

Wow, Cyg is this the new Elite Armor for GW?

Are the stats better>?

Is it just cosmetic?

Whereas in the old days everyone was lookin for ecto...is this the new take on it?

:o

gogo

It is just style and vanity, like the Fissue armor and Ectos. Like all Nightfall armor it is just basic armor..no inscriptions..it is not better statistics wise than the armor you can purchase at the Consulate Docks.

If you recall the pictures of Grace, my Paragon...she is wearing Paragon Vabbian shoes, I'd like a fully set for her, but that is a very long term project for me.

Guest gogoblender

Cyg, regarding trade contacts...don't you just get em fer completeing a quest?

It sher loox like you need an awful lot of trade contacs to get the rubies and gems.

Is there another way besides quests to get trade contacts?

gogo

Cyg, regarding trade contacts...don't you just get em fer completeing a quest?

It sher loox like you need an awful lot of trade contacs to get the rubies and gems.

Is there another way besides quests to get trade contacts?

gogo

I do not know of any other way, plus I do not even think those quests that give trade contracts are repeatable, but since the demand for gems is high as is the price..people will gather stray trade contract from other players to turn in if they are looking to make armor.

Guest gogoblender

Intersting and SO intriguing at the same time.

I think it's so deeply thought out that the ONLY way that this armor can be built is if peole buy or trade these items from each other.

very very VERY cool!

gogo

p.s. Cyg, are there trade contacts in Factions?

Someone told me that there was some kind of connection between the collecting of trade contacts and Factions. Guess he was tryin to throw me for a loop?

That I not entirely true. You can find these gems in drops from monsters, for instance the Smites in the Underworld I have seen drop sapphires. Rubies can also be dropped and even salvaged from Ruby Daggers...in fact, people will save the inscription that gives bonus to salvage materials..and apply it to Ruby Daggers prior to salvaging, in hopes to even get multiple rubies. But even with the methods available, gems remain one of the most rare materials in the game...

In Factions, you have the Monestary Tokens, Imperial Tokens..the Kuzick and Luxon..you can turn them into the appropriate quartermaster...most turn them in for Superior Salvage kits and such...