Frenzy fast kill build team

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

Man...I don't know what it is, lol

I am absolutely fascinated by Monks. The polemic they offer to the Warrior's art fascinates me. I was up for hours and hours last night playing and tinkering with Cyg's builds and have finally settled on his first monk build he posted for AI and a pure healer for my second monk...the results are fantastic.

I am running a very fast-kill team with both my warriors runing into the lead with frenzy each.

Both of them have Elite Axe skills.

Koss, Triple chop and mine Eviscerate

Koss does a wicked job of sofetning up stuff and I do the job of giving finishing blows.

I am the one who sometimes has to back off using the frenzy if I see that the huge amount of damage we've dealt as our very often super successful first strike comes at a cost of low health points and a big spike demand on the monks for energy regarding heals.

I hold off on my frenzy, switch to some energy attacks and use up the rest of my adrenalines till hp levels are bearable.

It's unbelievable thrilling and is the closest I can find to Sacred HC with my team dealing out so much damage with them balancing on the edges of their health bars.

muhahah

As such the need for healing was huge on my end and I had gotten this far with almost no prot skills. But I'm lookin to higher the kill speed on my end and so have elected to use one of Cyg's monk prot builds and the results seem pretty good so far with me having a perceived increase in my kill speed.

A question about energy...both my monks have 50 and 52 energy each.

Is this okay?

Should I be looking to give them more?

And regarding the building of this Frenzied Kill Team...any ideas on how to use monks for it?

Do you think that my previous idea of having two monks super heal was good enough?

Or should I keep experimenting with a prot secondary.

Thanks

:thumbsup:

gogo

I do not use Warriors as primary damage dealers, I use them to have steady and solid damage on individual targets and to take damage well, also have shouts to help in party defense. Frenzy is not a skill I would typically recommend for PvE...If you are looking for faster killing, it will be found in your casting classes. I can tell you from a lot of experience in hunting monsters (especially from being a monk trying to keep a party alive)..the deadlist bosses for a team to face are Elementalists and Ritualists, and Necromancers if there are corpses and they use Putrid Explosion. So if you are hunting monsters and doing missions and want faster killing, then I would optimize those three casting classes. Frenzy also tend to be counter productive for general use, your Warriors become paper tanks..and can end up taking incredible damage and draining monk energy if they mis-time Frenzy.

Frenzy is more a PvP skill..it is used by warriors for a well timed spike attacks on a target. The warriors cause pressure damage and build adrenline..then charge (or use Assassin skills like Death Charge) to converge on a single called target, then use Frenzy and chain attack all their built up adrenline attacks..of course the rest of the team is also spiking what damage they do on that target as well.

Necromancers love when a warrior used Fenzy..you will certainly be targeted with Spiteful Spirit and a host of other really nasty hexes. Elementalist love when Warriors Frenzy cause their elemental attack will now do double damage...I've landed Lightning Orbs and Fireballs hitting for 200-300 damage on Frenzied Warriors...like ouch! Mesmers can completely shut down Frenzy with Spirit Shackles...anyway..you get the picture...

I am surprised this has not been mentioned yet, but... Make sure to take a cancel stance when using Frenzy! I cannot stress that enough.

As you hopefully realise, only 1 stance can be active on you at a time. This means that if you use a stance while already in a stance, the old stance will be removed.

This can be used to your benefit.

If you have a stance with negative effects, you can use another stance to quickly get rid of them. For example Frenzy. Many warriors with Frenzy bring Sprint, in order to quickly get out of Frenzy if the enemy chooses to attack them.

So yeah, with GWN out, I would probably bring Burst of Aggression as your cancel stance. Attack faster for x seconds, lose all adrenaline when it ends.

Oh, and make sure to make the right choice of weapons. Hammer and Sword is prefered for PvP, Sword and Axe for PvE. Yes, it is true, barely anyone uses axes in PvP anymore.

EDIT: And to Cygnus: In PvE they might be tanks, but you will see as you get more into PvP, that if there is a warrior on a team, he is most definately one of the top 2 damage dealers. Not only constant, but also in spikes.

_Zexion

I think I stated Frenzy is a more PvP skill already and even described how it was used, but thank you for pointing it out once again. Since Gogo's topic is more about using heroes and fighting monsters, I tailored my response accordingly. In PvP I play as a monk or an elementalist myself. I am experienced in Team Arena, Random Arena, Heros Ascent, Alliance Battles, Fort Aspenwood, Jade Quarries, and Guild versus Guild.

Jeez, what's up with the friendliness around here?

And the gist of my post was the use of cancel stances... A thing you did not mention in yours. You mentioned mistiming Frenzy, but not that you in fact can control the negative effect, by cancling Frenzy with another stance,

I merely added to your post.

Neither did you mention the choice of hammer/sword/axe, which relates very much to the use of Frenzy (the difference in their attack speed) and PvP builds vs PvE builds (which type of weapon is preferable for each).

_Zexion

Guest gogoblender

well...here is how I've set my frenzy team up.

Since I am a warrior I can't see myslef just playing as an uber tank...zzzzzzzzzzz

So....I use frenzy on me and my Koss

I have set up Koss with Triplechop Elite...does wonders to softe up everything attacking and man, the damage it does via Area of Effect is insane.

Since I feel I have a bertter "feel" of how to use and, more importantly, NOT use frenzy when too much damage is goin in...I find this to be a most useful balance mechanism. Of course...frenzy is all about timing. Using it blindsided when you know yer team is right behind you and all their attacks come right in within a few milliseconds to give that death spiike. I've never had to use Sprint to cancel frenzy yet...I just deplace my own toon to get him out of the way for a second, reposition and then use frezny on another dude with lower hp, With my two warriors using Frenzy but with me having control of when mine is used or not and with me casting WatchYourslelf like a madman...koss's armor levels are boostd nicely as well, since he is always besides me. This saves us one of us having to cast Watch Yourself and buys me a 5 e spell that koss can keep using to spam his Triple Chop and his frenzy. He almost never runs out of energy now since the only thing he's using energy wise is his Triple and Frenzy.

I've elected to use Eviscerae on my frenzy toon. This is so more pin point where important targets get taken out fast and usually by the time I slice him up, koss's Area of Effect's have taken about a third of the surrounding anemies pointsw down.

'swwwwwwwwwwet

As you can imagine, to make this amount of damge go out so fast in such little time takes a TON of healing. I'm using a Boon Healer elite now with my super healer...man...she heals so fast ratathahtth...like a machine gun!

And I'm using a healer henchie. I found a wikki section that listed all the skills that henchies use with pros and cons. A God send!

Now I know which of the healers to pick, and the prot healer does a half decent job.

My true find was brigning an mesmer heroe into the fray. This guys is full loaded with TONS of interrupts. And the spells and hexes that were getting in the way of my warrior's smashes now are gone with nothing left between their pulsing blood and my axe. I love you Mesmer :3lmao:

muhahahah

My original team which was me/warrior, Koss and two heroe healers has been switched now to Heromesmer, heromonk, hero koss.

And...this team kills really really fast!

Course...there are times when they hp swing dangerously low...but ahhh...for the excitement....,its kinda like gambling...and the closes thing to hc in this game that I've found.

Woot!

:3lmao:

gogo

p.s. Question ...Zex, why have axes in pvp fallen out of favor?