The horse queen rides in

First of all, gogo, I can't log into my old account (pevil) and don't think it's on a current email of mine. Anything you can do to help out?

Now that's out of the way, hi everyone! I got incredibly nostalgic for Sacred this morning and did some random searches. I miss the community so much and am ashamed to have been MIA for 8 years :o Probably time to reinstall and dust off those horses. Maybe even do a full playthrough of #2 one of these days!

Cider_steve should be aware I've seen his multiple disses about horses and words will be had *casually slaps whip into hand*

Welcome back Pevil! The allure of the game is truly Sacred. Recently, after a two year hiatus, I began playing again and with the latest community patch, I can assure you that Sacred 2 is richer and more alluring and compelling than ever. Were happy to have you back and it's pretty much the same old place here that you may remember. 

:JC_wanted: You are wanted in the fora for some fun and camaraderie! :hooyaah:

• Appreciation 1

Ahm, I dont want to be nosy but, are you Pevil from PevilsPlace? I visited your website more than one time.. (..and am still looking for the Mystdale Golden Warhorse.) 

Looks like the old guard returns one by one. Good to see you here!

13 minutes ago, Dax said:

Ahm, I dont want to be nosy but, are you Pevil from PevilsPlace? I visited your website more than one time.. (..and am still looking for the Mystdale Golden Warhorse.) 

Looks like the old guard returns one by one. Good to see you here!

I am indeed! Thanks for your welcome, both :) Never was a community like that for Sacred, best one around 

I think the best "gold mystdale warhorse" was patched out in underworld, you could no longer buy a horse then have a saddled version instantly spawn to buy. I don't think I ever finished researching what the new best one was

34 minutes ago, PevilLihatuh said:

I think the best "gold mystdale warhorse" was patched out in underworld, you could no longer buy a horse then have a saddled version instantly spawn to buy. I don't think I ever finished researching what the new best one was

Well, yeah. I had something like that in mind. Too bad. Oh, btw do you give me permission to snatch some of your hero screenshots for my project? *(Night.Wolfe gave me her ok already :cool:)

• Appreciation 1

Happy to have you back.  If you're getting nostalgic for playing Sacred, there is a very good recent patch that breathes new life into the game called Sacred Reborn, made by the Overlookers clan.

• Appreciation 1
4 hours ago, pevil said:

First of all, gogo, I can't log into my old account (pevil) and don't think it's on a current email of mine. Anything you can do to help out?

Now that's out of the way, hi everyone! I got incredibly nostalgic for Sacred this morning and did some random searches. I miss the community so much and am ashamed to have been MIA for 8 years :o Probably time to reinstall and dust off those horses. Maybe even do a full playthrough of #2 one of these days!

Cider_steve should be aware I've seen his multiple disses about horses and words will be had *casually slaps whip into hand*

Pevil!

:hugs:

you've made your way through the misty mists and found your way home :bounce:  your merry message was one of the first things I woke up to this morning, a superior beginning :Laie_58: ... I tracked down your old account and have merged both old and new under your name "pevil" ... also I send you a email now with temp password to log in... are you able to log in now? I remember how disappointed you were with the devs' new way of expressing horses in Sacred 2 :( But as the gang has posted the Community Patch was put together which just about makes everything better...AND there's a new complete do o'er of the original game itself by our friends four Overlookers....

enjoy your time and see whats there to enjoy!

:gogo:

gogo

I saw that Modimus Prime, will definitely have to check it out! Needless to say it's Sacred that I'll be playing initially, never could get into #2 properly. That's what beta testing does to ya haha. But maybe now with a few years gone I'll get past that and finally... complete a playthrough :O

Gogo... I had to come back. I love you guys! Can't believe how long I've been away. Popped back into the DA forums earlier but it looks like it's been dead a couple of years :( And I'm gutted SIF is finally completely down.

Obviously I've already decided to get back into some weird and wonderful horse builds. Anyone else done many in the last few years? Might finally get my Vamp Knight up and running. And of course write up some guides. I'm very ashamed to say that my Disc 1 of UW is missing though, I used to have a bad habit of not putting discs away so lord knows where it is! Luckily I own it on Steam and GoG though haha.

Edited by pevil
30 minutes ago, pevil said:

Might finally get my Vamp Knight up and running.

Riding Vampire is enormous fun. I would even say it is the most flexible, viable build. The reborn mod, Flix has mentioned, is absolutely recommended. 

I'm just messing around in 'vanilla' for a bit. Can I import a char into Reborn?

Meet Lacrimosa. Took me about 5 mins to get back on a horse ;) Just doesn't feel right on foot. I still have old save games from LAN with set items and runes galore but for now I'll enjoy the feeling of being utterly helpless! I forgot undead don't die unless you use a potion of undeath or smack them for a stupid amount of damage.

shot0000.thumb.jpg.02e00467bbe0a2ee8d17a40f4a869248.jpg

42 minutes ago, pevil said:

I'm just messing around in 'vanilla' for a bit. Can I import a char into Reborn?

Meet Lacrimosa. Took me about 5 mins to get back on a horse ;) Just doesn't feel right on foot. I still have old save games from LAN with set items and runes galore but for now I'll enjoy the feeling of being utterly helpless! I forgot undead don't die unless you use a potion of undeath or smack them for a stupid amount of damage.

shot0000.thumb.jpg.02e00467bbe0a2ee8d17a40f4a869248.jpg

Back in the Saddle!

lol i remember your video/guide back when Sacred was released .... head butting a dragon!

:superman:

gogo

On 5/23/2020 at 6:07 PM, pevil said:

An import is not necessary. Just start the game with reborns own .exe and have fun. It is a bit rougher though, and many bugs have been fixed already. Arles Tgaws Net wont cause double damage anymore for example.

Btw, meet Bel, on the way to Bravewall currently. 

Edited by Dax
  • Appreciation 1
21 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

lol I remember your video/guide back when Sacred was released .... head butting a dragon!

:superman:

I may have found and rewatched that video this morning ;) I'm sure I'll find more weird and wonderful things to trample (though I do remember a patch making it tougher to do)

Hi Bel! Looks great, loving that newer, more polished UI, I'm assuming that's all part of reborn? I think I'll definitely be downloading that later. I rarely did much with anything other than WE or BM so really bug fixes for set items are not something I'll notice, despite having all the item details on my site I was a complete novice with most of them.

It feels good to be back :) Forgotten so much though, time to swot up on the fantastic wiki.

• Like! 1