Musical Instruments and the Seraphim

I have a couple of musical instruments that I've picked up with my Seraphim that's now in platinum. Do these have any bonuses? I've seen with some characters you have figurines in your inventory and if you have all of them it gives you some kind of bonus.

Zett, are you talking about the band instruments? Did you check the Wiki? I'm actually looking now, but I dont remember how the blind guardian musical instruments were classified.. uniques? do you have a pic?

:)

gogo

p.s. ah wait found it...  http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Blind_Guardian_Quest

I remember that shield now... VERY useful for putting together some different socketing... looks like all the instruments have very different bonuses 

If it's one of those things like a lute I think they're just junk you can sell.

If they have green text they're part of the Icons set... these are seemingly innocuous items that don't seem to do anything, but if you keep them in your inventory like D2 charms and assemble the whole set, you get a bonus. 

http://sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred:Csaszar's_Guide_to_find_the_famous_ICON_set

RE STaff of metal mastery... one of our members here who's also a musician had a great investigatory thread  here at the forums and added a cool find of his to the Wiki: 

When wielded, the staff plays one of five notes - low E, G, A, B, and a double note, A-high E. In certain combinations, these notes form lines from the Blind Guardian song, Sacred Worlds. When you hit an opponent, each hit will produce one note.

This game has charm :superman:

I also remember that Icons set when it came out... a lot of lag...but very impressive to play with... There were some Niobium players using it to corral in and grind up monsters in the quest for levels from horseback... impressive to see 

gogo

On 5/24/2020 at 2:56 PM, gogoblender said:

When wielded, the staff plays one of five notes - low E, G, A, B, and a double note, A-high E. In certain combinations, these notes form lines from the Blind Guardian song, Sacred Worlds. When you hit an opponent, each hit will produce one note.

Fantastic find! (even if we talk here about Sacred 1)

• Appreciation 1
On 5/24/2020 at 2:56 PM, gogoblender said:

RE STaff of metal mastery... one of our members here who's also a musician had a great investigatory thread  here at the forums and added a cool find of his to the Wiki: 

This game has charm :superman:

I also remember that Icons set when it came out... a lot of lag...but very impressive to play with... There were some Niobium players using it to corral in and grind up monsters in the quest for levels from horseback... impressive to see 

gogo

By the way, I see there it mentions "Split". Is that when the enemy become two with half life? What is the point of that, is it supposed to help or make it more difficult?

On 5/23/2020 at 6:53 PM, gogoblender said:

Zett, are you talking about the band instruments? Did you check the Wiki? I'm actually looking now, but I dont remember how the blind guardian musical instruments were classified.. uniques? do you have a pic?

gogo

p.s. ah wait found it...  http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Blind_Guardian_Quest

I remember that shield now... VERY useful for putting together some different socketing... looks like all the instruments have very different bonuses 

In terms of the instruments, it's a flute, a harp and a lute that I know of.

On 5/25/2020 at 4:10 PM, Zettt said:

By the way, I see there it mentions "Split". Is that when the enemy become two with half life? What is the point of that, is it supposed to help or make it more difficult?

This was a excellent item modifier from days or Yore!  I remember that people would just keep splitting and splitting to get more kill targets just so they could level faster.  It's a hugely addictive item mod... you can socket a bunch on...but if you over do it, you'll find yourself quickly mobbed by what you have created and running for your life.

How do Know this?

:whistle:

gogo

On 5/25/2020 at 11:03 AM, desm said:

Fantastic find! (even if we talk here about Sacred 1)

Very genius find! He's actually a member who has started a topic about this...hoping to get feedback on what he learned about this instrument...I guess when you're a musician you can just pluck out notes and melodies from just about anything

gogo