10 years ago I used to read the forum and never registered, but eventually I had to cave in. Hey there

My name is Lucas but I type it with a v to look edgy/Roman. I love fantasy in all its forms, if you couldn't tell by my online last name, but LotR is a big part in my life as well. Books, TV shows, movies, video games, you name it, I enjoy it. My history with the Sacred franchise is one that has probably already been experienced so I'll try to keep it short: played the first game as a kid leaving childhood (age 12), played the second as a teenager (age 16). So it has been with me and helped me pass the time through my development years.
Although I'm just now joining the forum, I'd come here and read posts all the time when I was playing (2008-2010), but I didn't have a motive to post. I do now because, and I'm pasting the reason I gave when I was registering "I found a mini portal near bluestonbury that I apparently accessed once but cant anymore and I want to know how to get there again".

I'll explain: quarantine got me so fraked up I started my first Sacred 2 campaign in 10 years. I said to myself to not touch it again because I get carried away and end up spending 52 hours surveying the map and doing sidequests, and not proceed much with the main storyline... which is what happened. For example I replayed and finished the first Sacred a few years ago and I have just under 80 hours for it on Steam. As for Sacred 2, I'm currently in Act II after 52 hours of gameplay. Slow player, I know. I have a love/hate relationship with non-linear games like these for a reason. I love exploring all of the regions but I hate looking at the time and realised I spent 6 hours doing it.
Now that we're all caught up, during my scouting I found Bluestonbury, in north eastern Tyr Lisia, just north western of the Bluestone Lake. I went to the docks and it portaled me a little bit east. Upon inspection I realise there's another portal even more east of that last one, but is not reachable by land (or at least I couldn't find a way):

spacer.png

I have a faint memory that near Thylysium I found some portals, one of them landing me there, and as I saw how far away I was from before, I portaled back and forgot about it. "Meh, I'll go back later." But now I don't know how. I don't think I even remember going there in my first few playthroughs.

Now that I think of it, I don't know if I should've made the post about what I just wrote under "General Discussion (PC)" or "Guides, Maps, Walkthroughs and Videos". But it tied into my introduction!
Anyway, care to help a veteran gamer but newbie forum member? Thanks in advance!

• Appreciation 1

Haha you sound just like me! Welcome aboard Lucas!

I lost myself in S1 as well during my teens, I sunk hundreds of hours into that game. And that's where I found this lovely bunch of people (and numerous others) both ingame, but also on the forums: DarkMatters ofcourse but mainly the SIF (Sacred International Forum - RIP). I was probably late to the game compared to guys like Gogo and Schot here, but the games had a wonderful online community which was an awesome experience as I generally stick to SP games. Never found a better/similar community though, which is a shame considering Ascaron's bankruptcy and lack of similar new games in the franchise. 

Funnily enough I never really got into Fallen Angel as much as the original, I'm planning to pick it up again after I've finished the main quest in Last Epoch, a game that's currently in beta. So right now there's not really much I can help you with, but maybe someone else can. Have you tried giving the wiki a shot? I'm not sure if portal-info can be found there but it's worth a look.

Edited by Timotheus
  • Appreciation 1

Welcome

The very same reason that I play just the main story line till highest difficulty before I start sidequests. Then quest experience is a main factor because monsters give less and less experience.

Tried the interactive map? I think the portal to go there is farer away than you think...

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Map_of_Ancaria

• Appreciation 1
10 hours ago, chattius said:

Welcome

The very same reason that I play just the main story line till highest difficulty before I start sidequests. Then quest experience is a main factor because monsters give less and less experience.

Tried the interactive map? I think the portal to go there is farer away than you think...

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Map_of_Ancaria

Damn, didn't know this existed. Very helpful, thanks a lot! 

• Like! 1
10 hours ago, Timotheus said:

I lost myself in S1 as well during my teens, I sunk hundreds of hours into that game. And that's where I found this lovely bunch of people (and numerous others) both ingame, but also on the forums: DarkMatters ofcourse but mainly the SIF (Sacred International Forum - RIP). I was probably late to the game compared to guys like Gogo and Schot here, but the games had a wonderful online community which was an awesome experience as I generally stick to SP games. Never found a better/similar community though, which is a shame considering Ascaron's bankruptcy and lack of similar new games in the franchise. 

Funnily enough I never really got into Fallen Angel as much as the original, I'm planning to pick it up again after I've finished the main quest in Last Epoch, a game that's currently in beta. So right now there's not really much I can help you with, but maybe someone else can. Have you tried giving the wiki a shot? I'm not sure if portal-info can be found there but it's worth a look.

It's been resolved but I thank you nonetheless for the welcome. Last Epoch looks interesting, but is it promising?

• Like! 1
13 hours ago, LvcasAtreides said:

My name is Lucas but I type it with a v to look edgy/Roman. I love fantasy in all its forms, if you couldn't tell by my online last name, but LotR is a big part in my life as well. Books, TV shows, movies, video games, you name it, I enjoy it. My history with the Sacred franchise is one that has probably already been experienced so I'll try to keep it short: played the first game as a kid leaving childhood (age 12), played the second as a teenager (age 16). So it has been with me and helped me pass the time through my development years.
Although I'm just now joining the forum, I'd come here and read posts all the time when I was playing (2008-2010), but I didn't have a motive to post. I do now because, and I'm pasting the reason I gave when I was registering "I found a mini portal near bluestonbury that I apparently accessed once but cant anymore and I want to know how to get there again".

I'll explain: quarantine got me so fraked up I started my first Sacred 2 campaign in 10 years. I said to myself to not touch it again because I get carried away and end up spending 52 hours surveying the map and doing sidequests, and not proceed much with the main storyline... which is what happened. For example I replayed and finished the first Sacred a few years ago and I have just under 80 hours for it on Steam. As for Sacred 2, I'm currently in Act II after 52 hours of gameplay. Slow player, I know. I have a love/hate relationship with non-linear games like these for a reason. I love exploring all of the regions but I hate looking at the time and realised I spent 6 hours doing it.
Now that we're all caught up, during my scouting I found Bluestonbury, in north eastern Tyr Lisia, just north western of the Bluestone Lake. I went to the docks and it portaled me a little bit east. Upon inspection I realise there's another portal even more east of that last one, but is not reachable by land (or at least I couldn't find a way):

spacer.png

I have a faint memory that near Thylysium I found some portals, one of them landing me there, and as I saw how far away I was from before, I portaled back and forgot about it. "Meh, I'll go back later." But now I don't know how. I don't think I even remember going there in my first few playthroughs.

Now that I think of it, I don't know if I should've made the post about what I just wrote under "General Discussion (PC)" or "Guides, Maps, Walkthroughs and Videos". But it tied into my introduction!
Anyway, care to help a veteran gamer but newbie forum member? Thanks in advance!

Brilliant intro Lvcas! (lol that v almost caught me :lol: ) Thanks for posting such a huge, delicious and heartening read.  It's always meeting up with the community that's always been my favorite moments...from ingame HC to the Sacred International Forum and now here at these forums.  Can't believe how long you have been here reading...but I always get delighted to see readers come forth, register and make that first post.  I remember spending what seemed like agonizing hours crafting my first post ever on the officiel Sacred Forums...it was a food post...naturally :lol: but from there I slowly branched out into the game...but I remember for months how long I was just absolutely hooked into reading and reading and reading peoples' posts... it was a real first time for me, and I've always been a passionate reader... seeing something that actually had all these live "people" writing to each other and then finally getting to meet up with them on servers was the delight of my life then.

I'm happy so see you here on these boards, and meeting up with the community... we have been waiting friend

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:gogo:

gogo

15 hours ago, Timotheus said:

ha i remember the day that sacred 2 came out and we were all on the hc servers...I think the toon u were first using was a barbarian? and I remember you shooting all that ranged blasts.. like something out of Star Wars...which you said this game felt just to close to  :lol:

:starwars:

gogo

11 hours ago, LvcasAtreides said:

It's been resolved but I thank you nonetheless for the welcome. Last Epoch looks interesting, but is it promising?

It's keeping me busy for now. Was thinking about making some gameplay/commentary video to put up over in the Last Epoch topic in the new and general gaming section. 

It had quite some interesting features. Your campaign makers you time-travel, but from a certain point you get the ability to do do at will. And ofcourse there's gambling, crafting, and a respec system.

Gameplay wise it has some tedious bits for me - unnecessarily large area maps for instance. The problem is that after portalling to a safe zone alle enemies reset so the sheer size of some zones turns into an annoyance. And the game can be really unforgiving/brutal at times. I'm about level 50 right now, almost done with the campaign. Some monsters seem really imbalanced, being able to pretty much one-shot me even though my resistances hover at around 50% and generally not-terrible stars AFAIK. On my last session this week I died 4 times in a row, and decided to change my "Idols" ie charms (D2) all to cold resist just to be able to get through the level. Madness. Lol

On 5/26/2020 at 7:22 PM, gogoblender said:

Brilliant intro Lvcas! (lol that v almost caught me :lol: ) Thanks for posting such a huge, delicious and heartening read.  It's always meeting up with the community that's always been my favorite moments...from ingame HC to the Sacred International Forum and now here at these forums.  Can't believe how long you have been here reading...but I always get delighted to see readers come forth, register and make that first post.  I remember spending what seemed like agonizing hours crafting my first post ever on the officiel Sacred Forums...it was a food post...naturally :lol: but from there I slowly branched out into the game...but I remember for months how long I was just absolutely hooked into reading and reading and reading peoples' posts... it was a real first time for me, and I've always been a passionate reader... seeing something that actually had all these live "people" writing to each other and then finally getting to meet up with them on servers was the delight of my life then.

I'm happy so see you here on these boards, and meeting up with the community... we have been waiting friend

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:gogo:

gogo

I know you for sure, countless hours spent reading your posts. thanks for the warm welcome! :thumbsupsmiley:

On 5/27/2020 at 5:04 AM, Timotheus said:

It's keeping me busy for now. Was thinking about making some gameplay/commentary video to put up over in the Last Epoch topic in the new and general gaming section. 

It had quite some interesting features. Your campaign makers you time-travel, but from a certain point you get the ability to do do at will. And ofcourse there's gambling, crafting, and a respec system.

Gameplay wise it has some tedious bits for me - unnecessarily large area maps for instance. The problem is that after portalling to a safe zone alle enemies reset so the sheer size of some zones turns into an annoyance. And the game can be really unforgiving/brutal at times. I'm about level 50 right now, almost done with the campaign. Some monsters seem really imbalanced, being able to pretty much one-shot me even though my resistances hover at around 50% and generally not-terrible stars AFAIK. On my last session this week I died 4 times in a row, and decided to change my "Idols" ie charms (D2) all to cold resist just to be able to get through the level. Madness. Lol

oof, sounds tough. I like a challenge though, I'll check it out sometime