Sacred 2 elemental damage types preferences

Hello people! I'm coming here with a question based on your personal preference about the 5 elemental damage types in Sacred 2 (physical, fire, poison, magic and ice).

Q: What's your favorite damage type you're using the most on your weapons and why?

I personally use poison damage the most just because of the DoT (damage over time) effect but I kinda want to see other players' preferences as well. :D 

• Like! 1
4 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Fire!

Loved Fire...that effect setting monsters on fire... never get enough of it

:lol:

gogo

I was thinking about fire too, but the secondary effect (burn) is the same as poison's so I went on with poison :D 

Also I find that there are more monsters with fire resistance than monsters with poison resistance (if not then I'm too blind :3lmao:)

But if it had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate

To say that for destruction ice

Is also great

And would suffice.

Ice is the least resisted element, and also sure to never exist simultaneously on opponent with fire resistance (unless you use one of my mods).

Also CM Patch enables the broken Ice DOT which is IMO the nicest looking DOT FX.

UoLwYRL.jpg

• Appreciation 1
1 hour ago, Flix said:

Is also great

And would suffice.

Ice is the least resisted element, and also sure to never exist simultaneously on opponent with fire resistance (unless you use one of my mods).

Also CM Patch enables the broken Ice DOT which is IMO the nicest looking DOT FX.

UoLwYRL.jpg

Wow, impressive poetry at the start :bow:

Also, your reply overall definitely convinced me to use ice damage more often since I always had the feeling that ice is overrated, guess I was horribly wrong :D 

Honestly I'm all about Fire and Ice, but I used to play a lot with Poison for the same reasons as you. But I've come to realize that, like Flix says, Fire and Ice are mostly mutually exclusive in vanilla Sacred 2. So if you want to minimize micromanagement you can mostly run with just two different weapons, or in alternative the same weapon config but with those two different elements socketed.

Currently I'm running five pole arms for five damage channels in D2F mod, but to be honest I don't use Magic much and Physical barely. I'm guessing that should change the more mobs have more elemental and less physical armour.

• Like! 1
6 hours ago, Androdion said:

Currently I'm running five pole arms for five damage channels in D2F mod, but to be honest I don't use Magic much and Physical barely. I'm guessing that should change the more mobs have more elemental and less physical armour.

I encounter this "issue" in Community Patch as well. At the moment for my dual wield Seraphim I'm using all 5 slots with each damage type. Currently I'm at level 95 and I barely used Physical and Magic damage. I ran around from level 25-30 on Silver and nearly finished Gold now mainly using Poison damage (even in the swamp region). 

Maybe we'll have some tweaks in the future :D 

57 minutes ago, chattius said:

Given that the resistances would be evenly spreaded, then you have to consider two options: Damage Lore mastery or no Damage Lore mastery.

Without damage lore the DoT seconday damage from poison and fire rarely is a big factor in weapon combat.

A weaken effect triggered early in combat make the 20% stat reduce a big impact, on hitpoints of opponent his chance to hit and defend, ...

Ice damage secondary effect makes opponents running 25% slower (only useful if you use hit and run tactics) and attacking 25% slower (which has a bigger effect on long fights).

Damage Lore mastery however can double your damage if you have poison or fire damage.

I rarely use Damage Lore to be honest since I don't find the skill that useful (like other must-have skills like Armor Lore, Constitution, Toughness, Tactics Lore, some Weapon Lore like Swords, Hafted etc. and Lore and Focus skills of your aspects). I feel like it's a wasted skill.

So, if I'm not using the Damage Lore skill then, based on your facts, I think it's better for me to focus on Ice or Magic damage types.

14 minutes ago, RavenLight said:

I feel like it's a wasted skill.

It's not, it just depends on your playing style and build. If you use a certain type of elemental attack and want to maximize that impact Damage Lore is very important. I've seen more than a few Astral Lord builds with it because of the secondary effects of the main damage CAs. Some skills may seem useless in comparison at first but when you notice their impact at higher levels they really slay. A dual-wielder with Damage Lore and two weapons with different elements socketed can be really though in offensive terms because of how much they proc and how hard they hit.

1 hour ago, Androdion said:

It's not, it just depends on your playing style and build. If you use a certain type of elemental attack and want to maximize that impact Damage Lore is very important. I've seen more than a few Astral Lord builds with it because of the secondary effects of the main damage CAs. Some skills may seem useless in comparison at first but when you notice their impact at higher levels they really slay. A dual-wielder with Damage Lore and two weapons with different elements socketed can be really though in offensive terms because of how much they proc and how hard they hit.

Yeah, I agree with you, but I feel like Damage Lore is kinda a late-game skill because early on you have to focus on a lot of things such as your Attack, Defense, Resistances, Regeneration time, Health and so on. Or at least that's how I prioritize my builds. But like you said, it all depends on the build you're following :D 

11 minutes ago, Androdion said:

I marked the important part.

Let's consider a long fight and you manage to keep the oponent burning:

You do two hits a round pure fire damage with 10000 damage each.  So the burning pulses will be 2000/s = 22000 damage per second and only 2000 burning damage. 24000 if yoz do poison and fire dual wielding.

With Damage Lore mastery , dual wielding a fire and a poison weapon, each 10000 damage. DL-Mastery and easy to reach 110 skill tribles the burn and poison damage: 32000 damage/s. And the chance for burning is higher and it lasts a bit longer. A real high damage lore skill will multiply the DoT damage with 4.5 so at really high levels 38000damage/s.

And another important part: 24000 or 36000 with damage lore mastery. What would you have to do to reach the same 36000 damage without damage lore? It is 50% more damage. But socketing two rings with each 25% damage won't do the trick.

Speaking high levels: If you have 300% damage from tactic lore, 200% from combat discipline, 200% build into your weapon combat art, and 300% socketed into your gear you have already 1000% damage boost. So to make that 1500% : find place for 20 sockets more each with 25% damage:) impossible

Damage Lore is the only way to boost secondary damage directly, you can't socket it or have uniques with this multiplyer.

But in a normal build it won't be your first skill to master, probably your 5th or 6th skill. So if you don't plan to play till level 125+ ... forget about damage lore because the extra percent for secondary damage isn't worth it pre-mastery.

• Like! 1

Forgot to mention it: my daughter did a build which mastered damage lore at level 75 and it worked quite well:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/23839-burgfr%C3%A4ulein-paladin-build-in-v12-discuss-nerf-in-v13/

Damage Lore shines when you have Nova-like poison or fire attacks. You can have the Nova at a high level and at 5 seconds regeneration time and the direct damage you loose because of the long intervall between castings will result in more burn/poison pulses and you have 4 seconds for other attacks, heals, ...

55 minutes ago, chattius said:

Forgot to mention it: my daughter did a build which mastered damage lore at level 75 and it worked quite well:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/23839-burgfräulein-paladin-build-in-v12-discuss-nerf-in-v13/

Damage Lore shines when you have Nova-like poison or fire attacks. You can have the Nova at a high level and at 5 seconds regeneration time and the direct damage you loose because of the long intervall between castings will result in more burn/poison pulses and you have 4 seconds for other attacks, heals, ...

Very helpful reply, Chattius! Thank you for the informations! And honestly, you have a cool daughter if she's playing Sacred 2 :D \m/

On 6/1/2020 at 5:25 PM, RavenLight said:

Wow, impressive poetry at the start :bow:

Also, your reply overall definitely convinced me to use ice damage more often since I always had the feeling that ice is overrated, guess I was horribly wrong :D 

On 6/1/2020 at 4:16 PM, Flix said:

Is also great

And would suffice.

UoLwYRL.jpg

ha! I was too close to the content.. myopia robbed me of that poem! I kept going over and over why Flix wrote those words...was he typing from a phone... was his auto correct messed ... he usually never makes typos...

Course its a poem! :dance2:

Bravo Flix, and Ravenlight for the catch... brilliant!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Heh, I guess I thought everyone knew Robert Frost, then again he is a beloved American poet, so we read him in schools from an early age.

image.png.bab1316e3278e56addd1b7a860756ce9.png

• Appreciation 1
6 hours ago, Flix said:

Heh, I guess I thought everyone knew Robert Frost, then again he is a beloved American poet, so we read him in schools from an early age.

In schools from my country, we kinda read only the most important local authors within the country only and don't really promote foreign poets, sadly.

No poetry please, our twins had to do rhymes about corona and their fears because of it for school. They were discussing weird solutions for days...

One was what if the Corona crisis lasts into a hard winter.

Corona im Eiswinter

Ein Jahr voller Hitze endet kalt

Eiszapfen hängen von Ästen im Wald

Ein eisiger Panzer vor deinem Mund

die Coronamaske hält dich gesund.

Corona in a icy winter

A year full of heat ending cold

Icicles hanging from twigs in the forest

An armour made from ice before your mouth

the corona mask is keeping you healthy

Since I never had English at school I didn't know Robert Frost. I learned 'english' while living four years close to a US garnison and playing with american kids on the street. I sung the Carmina Burana for latin classes, read Goethe's Faust for literature, Saint-Exupéry's "The little prince" in french, ... But we moved this much that I never found a starting class for english or russian. So I took polytechnique instead of a third foreign language.

7 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Course its a poem! :dance2:

Bravo Flix, and Ravenlight for the catch... brilliant!

:)

gogo

Wasn't really that much of a thing honestly since we're mostly doing this kind of things in the school.. or at least that's how it was when I was in school. But hey, knowing things here, we aren't kinda developing too much in a few years :D :3lmao:

3 minutes ago, chattius said:

Since I never had English at school I didn't know Robert Frost. I learned 'english' while living four years close to a US garnison and playing with american kids on the street. I sung the Carmina Burana for latin classes, read Goethe's Faust for literature, Saint-Exupéry's "The little prince" in french, ... But we moved this much that I never found a starting class for english or russian. So I took polytechnique instead of a third foreign language.

I had English at school from the first grade but most of our teachers only teach us basic things.. So I learnt most of my English from songs, movies and of course, PC games :D 

6 minutes ago, chattius said:

No poetry please, our twins had to do rhymes about corona and their fears because of it for school.

Well.. I have to admit that's a weird way of learning for a child  to be honest

5 hours ago, RavenLight said:

Well.. I have to admit that's a weird way of learning for a child  to be honest

The problem for us is: 1st-4th classes are in a nearby school. Then public transfer is needed and it takes75 minutes each to reach or leave school in morning and evening. Mid day the bus just left when the train arrives so it would be 200 minutes wasted time. So we opted for a full day school. Problem is they try out new stuff: math classes are in French, biology in English, chemics in English, music in French, social sciences and sport are in German at least. They do no literature but technical vocabulare in foreign languages. Program language is Squeak. This year the art classes taught drawing animals with a paint program. The animal pictures were placed in a virtual zoo coded in Squeak. The zoo had multilingual signs, .... So kinda all classes are connected.

The rhyming about Corona was for a psycho analyst student who is doing a research how kids suffer from corona being isolated and was with agreement from the parents. I think the student has no math genes, because for such a research I would have wanted the rhymes being done in a controlled environment like a school class.

It is like watching a dracula movie with 12 alone at home or together with a group of friends. As soon as someone says, all these ketchup makes me hungry for pommes frites, the horror movie turns into a comedy. If the student would have watched how our twins were joking when doing the rhymes he would have noticed that there was a group effect.

15 minutes ago, chattius said:

The problem for us is: 1st-4th classes are in a nearby school. Then public transfer is needed and it takes75 minutes each to reach or leave school in morning and evening. Mid day the bus just left when the train arrives so it would be 200 minutes wasted time. So we opted for a full day school. Problem is they try out new stuff: math classes are in French, biology in English, chemics in English, music in French, social sciences and sport are in German at least. They do no literature but technical vocabulare in foreign languages. Program language is Squeak. This year the art classes taught drawing animals with a paint program. The animal pictures were placed in a virtual zoo coded in Squeak. The zoo had multilingual signs, .... So kinda all classes are connected.

That's the problem in my country as well. We don't usually have classes in different schools, instead we have up to 7 or 8 classes in a day in the same school. However, schools are so far away in town that most of the kids used to overcrowd all buses and public transport before the pandemic. They usually have no special transport and they require public transport along with other people.

During the Corona pandemic, the schools closed and all classes moved to online, but they learn somehow in a downward manner because not every kid has a personal smartphone or laptop and they need their parents' gadgets, which parents are at work. So not it's a 50-50 situation where rich kids, or kids that has a device to learn from it can continue their studies online, while kids that aren't that lucky and tend to live a hard life has to possibilities of studying online, and they occasionally just quit and give up. It makes me kinda sad to hear about this.

We had just a big cloudburst with 40litres per square metre in few minutes. No TV, no intenet, no smartphone,,,,

Internet is done by having a mast with a directed radio beam to an access point. At storm there is nothing. For smart phone the kids have to climb the hill. I build a big tent there mainly so they can do school conferences. The learning inthe previous post was pre-corona and was based to a big amount that the kids were building work groups...

35 minutes ago, chattius said:

We had just a big cloudburst with 40litres per square metre in few minutes. No TV, no intenet, no smartphone,,,,

Internet is done by having a mast with a directed radio beam to an access point. At storm there is nothing. For smart phone the kids have to climb the hill. I build a big tent there mainly so they can do school conferences. The learning inthe previous post was pre-corona and was based to a big amount that the kids were building work groups...

Same here. During heavy storms we often have no TV signal or no internet. Sometimes both of them. At least we have some phone signal to access the data network. That's the only thing that works during storms. Thank the nature we don't really have storms that often. We instead have intense warm, even in the winter there are around 8 to 10 degrees Celsius (during summer the temperature often goes above 35-37 degrees Celsius in the middle of the town) due to the intense urban sprawls thing that surrounds our big cities.