Fantastic new Card and Icon System at Guru

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

Wow

I just saw the most awesome new card and Icon system invented by Frog Devourer over at Guru...and I must say this setup rocks.

It allows posts to be made on their forum replacing descriptions of ingame skills with code that provdes an almost flash-like animation of the skill.

I sent FrogDevourer a letter and received this response from him regarding this system:

Re: Amazing Card and Icon system

Yes, you are more than welcome to use it. There's a thread in the community works forum. You'll find all the info you need.

Unfortunately I didn't include IPB in the easy installer. The sofbbcode does work with IPB (it was the forum software [soF] used in the past), but I didn't include this forum software in the install script because few gw groups are using it.

It means you'll have to make your own IPB mod (read: to find the place where you need to insert the three PHP lines needed to activate the IPB bbcode parser). Check out the auto-installer and try to mimic the vB install. If you're familiar with PHP and the IPB source, it shouldn't be hard. If not, I'll add this to my TODO list for the next versions.

All the best,

Frog.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gogoblender

Wow

I first saw people posting with the amazing interactive Icon system and was astounded at how sharp and useful the new feature was!

So a question.

Is this system that you guys came up with available to be used by other forums?

Me and a friend have our own forum:

http://www.darkmatters.org

We just started it a few months ago and our community is growing.

We just started playing GW now and have fallen in love with it.

Each of our own game sections has it's own unique CSS so that all players from our community get a different "feel" when going into a different game section.

When I saw your system of icons and cards here I was completely thrilled

FrogDevourer are we allowed to use this system on our own forum?

Is the code allowed to be used?

And, we don't have a vbulletin but an ipb

Would it work if it were allowed?

Again, my respect for your work and I just hope we're allowed to share it

Thanks and good gaming to you

:D

gogo

wow, well looks like we have a go ahead...

lol, if we can just get this system goin on here with ipb I think we're in business.

:)

gogo