Inquisitor for arachnophobes?

This is probably a dumb question, but... My favourite character next to dragon mage is the inquisitor. Or rather, it WAS, until I found out what his class mount is! so, as someone who is EXTREMELY creeped out by it... Is there a way to change it with a mod or make a build that does better on foot or a normal horse?

• Like! 1

Hello and welcome.

All mounts for the Inquisitor, even custom ones from mods, are all spiders, sorry.

If you have Community Patch 1.60 you can used buffs from horseback, so mounted combat on Horses is actually a viable option.

• Like! 1
On 6/5/2020 at 10:58 AM, SomeOnesBody said:

This is probably a dumb question, but... My favourite character next to dragon mage is the inquisitor. Or rather, it WAS, until I found out what his class mount is! so, as someone who is EXTREMELY creeped out by it... Is there a way to change it with a mod or make a build that does better on foot or a normal horse?

Welcome to the forums Alexander! I'm sorry about your aversion to spiders...I had/have... okay ill admit it .. DO still have a terrible fear of the things...but looks like we're stick with them ;cry:

:oooo:

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, @SomeOnesBody, I have a suggestion you may want to try but I'm not 100% sure it will work. Sorry I didn't comment earlier, I don't visit the inquisition's side of the forums often. :D
Anyway, 
I've tested changing mount models before, you can check my results here:

Not all mount changes work, however, because each class sits on their unique mount differently. For example, I tried changing the dryad's lizard to the seraphim's tiger but the dryad ends up sitting inside the big cat... pretty disturbing. :D

(If someone figures out how to move the mounted character models at least up & down and forward & backward, that'd be AWESOME)

Some changes do work, however. For example, changing the high elf's fay drake to any horse, to the dragon mage's draconicon and even to the seraphim's tiger looks awesome because she sits on them relatively well. Changing the seraphim's tiger to a horse also worked but I had to dig into the sound zips to change some of the spells mounted sounds and animations in addition to tinkering with the soundprofile.txt - it was pretty time-consuming so I'm playing my seraphim on foot now. :)
Another easy change is swapping the dragon mage's draconicon with a normal horse.

So, back to your spider - I haven't tested it and I've never played an inquisitor past level 15 (for the achievement :D ) but it looks like he sits on the spider pretty similarly to how the shadow warrior sits on the hellhound. Maybe swapping one of the spiders' models with that of a hellhound might work? Check the other thread to see the steps for switching the mount models.

Here are all the hellhound itemtype_ids:
341, 11182,  11183,   11184,  12877, 12878,  12879,  13360,  13362,  13364,  13366. I'm guessing 341 is the basic hound, the next three are the vanilla aspect hounds, the next three are the Ice & Blood aspect hounds, and the last four are the Community patch hounds. That's usually how it goes.

Here are all the spiders:
5544,  11169,   11170,  11171,  12870,  12871,   12872,   13342,  13344,  13346,  13348. Again, the order is probably - 1st basic, 3 vanilla aspects, 3 I&B aspects, 4 community patch spiders. 

If you have an on-level inquisitor you can test this for ~5 minutes after doing the special mount quest. Just back-up your itemtype.txt, creaturesinfo.txt, and soundprofile.txt and change the numbers and text around. Maybe it won't work and the inquisitor will sit inside the hound's head but it's probably worth trying if you like the class. :P

(if you're having trouble, let me know which models you want to swap, I can switch them for you and send you the edited .txt files)

Or, you can go on foot. Yes, the mounts have nice stats and can get you a second life by dying first but a good build can go even through niob on foot without dying once. Run speed is a pretty easy stat to get too, I've had a lot of fun no-mount builds. :)

Edited by RetsReds
  • Thanks! 1