Ike [D.a.r.k.] vs. El Tito [A.G.E.]

Ike

Well, I was feeling a little low as I was having a lot of farming problems. All seemed dried up, and I needed more res for a level 7 phalanx. I phalanxed a few active planets when I came across El Tito, with fleets going every which way. I sorted through them and saw that he was sending the below fleet on a 30+ hour transport to his colony one SS away. It was only an hour and change from turn-around, and I knew my RIPs would be fast enough to catch him, even if he recalled. But I waited patiently. I scanned both the source and turn-around colonies, as well as every other planet in both systems. What I saw pleased me.

As soon as his fleet arrived I sent a probe to the turn-around colony to verify that it was not actually a deploy. Then I timed a LC @ 10% on an attack run and sent it off. I phalanxed again and saw that my timing was 3 seconds too slow. But it served my purposes. An hour later I sent my RIPs at the correct speed so that they would arrive 3 seconds after El Tito's fleet. Then I recalled the LC and went to bed.

In the morning I sent my recs to arrive 2 seconds after the RIPs and I waited. The reason for the LC was to disguise when I sent my RIPs. Best not to make it too obvious and allow 12+ hours for El Tito to find someone interested enough to hit my return. There was only about a 30-50% chance that I would win, but even a draw would have only saved a few of his ships. He got lucky as well and got a moon, so we both won. :P

At 01-08 18:58:41 the following fleets met in battle:

Attacker Ike (1:276:5)

Deathstar 12

Defender El Tito (1:261:11)

Large Cargo 50

Light Fighter 800

Cruiser 90

Battleship 140

Bomber 25

Solar Satelite 32

Destroyer 35

Rocket Launcher 1800

Light Laser 360

Heavy Laser 50

Gauss 25

Ion Cannon 50

Plasma 20

Small Dome 1

Large Dome 1

SIX ROUNDS LATER

The attacker has won the battle!

He captured

225 metal, 114 crystal, and 27,563 deuterium

The attacker lost a total of 0 units.

The defender lost a total of 28,534,000 units.

At these space coordinates now float 4,035,000 metal and 2,090,700 crystal.

The chance for a moon to be created is 20%

The enormous amounts of free metal and crystal draw together and form a moon around the planet.

Your 333 recyclers have a total cargo capacity of 6,660,000.

At the target, 4,035,000 metal and 2,091,000 crystal are floating in space.

You have harvested 4,035,000 metal and 2,091,000 crystal.