Sacred Underworld Dwarf Questions - Duel Wielding?

Hey Everyone

I've been trying out the dwarf, and I am quite fond of the little big fellow.

I have a few questions though:

1. Does the Dwarf not have dual wielding at all? I am using Fadalmar's Axe and two would be sweet...

2. Some people mention bugs with Greed, but it seems to be working well for me. Is there anything else about Greed that I should know? I like harvesting greens for my other toons...

3. Any other tips on stats or builds? I have read about the Dwarven Steel + Dwarven Armor + War Cry combo, but don't seem to need it yet (I am just finishing up on Silver). I would like to drop Axe Lore, but I want to use Fadalmar, which is a problem since I need to socket all three rings, but now without dual wield I have no trick to wear Fadalmar without Axe Lore. Is it possible to bypass this without dual wielding 2 Fadalmars?

4. The same question holds for Aarnam's Blade... Am I forced to take Sword Lore?

Z

Zett I'm soooo sorry but I've never actually played with a Dwarf before :cry:  ... maybe this bump will put it in some peoples' eyes, I've also messaged one of the premier dwarf players here on the board... maybe we'll have some guest postahs!

:viking:

gogo

On 6/13/2020 at 11:22 PM, Zettt said:

Hey Everyone

I've been trying out the dwarf, and I am quite fond of the little big fellow.

I have a few questions though:

1. Does the Dwarf not have dual wielding at all? I am using Fadalmar's Axe and two would be sweet...

2. Some people mention bugs with Greed, but it seems to be working well for me. Is there anything else about Greed that I should know? I like harvesting greens for my other toons...

3. Any other tips on stats or builds? I have read about the Dwarven Steel + Dwarven Armor + War Cry combo, but don't seem to need it yet (I am just finishing up on Silver). I would like to drop Axe Lore, but I want to use Fadalmar, which is a problem since I need to socket all three rings, but now without dual wield I have no trick to wear Fadalmar without Axe Lore. Is it possible to bypass this without dual wielding 2 Fadalmars?

4. The same question holds for Aarnam's Blade... Am I forced to take Sword Lore?

Z

Being one of the more experienced players with Dwarves, I'll try to answer some questions. However, I've only build one melee Dwarf using the Hard Hit CA as major combat ability, as I found that the combination of Cannon and Flamethrower is by far the most effective one for killing. Especially when using certain items of the Thar Eros set.:

1) Nope, Dwarves are set on using one handed weapons + shield, two handed weapons or pistols / muskets.

2) I've never used the "Greed" CA as with smithing you get the ability to put a magic find smithing option in your weapons and armour. And given you got a lot more sockets to use as getting that CA up to the level of a "perma CA", that socketing item is - imho - a lot more useful.

3 / 4)  To use an item that have a certain restriction - like Fadalmar's Axe and Aarnum's Sword - simply socket a ring with another higher level requirement into one of the slots of the weapon.

By doing that the required skill will be "over written" by  the requirement of the socketed ring.

So in your case that would mean using a ring having at least 11 concentration as requirement to make sure you can use that axe.

However!

Concentration isn't a very useful skill for a Dwarf, as Dwarven Lore and Dwarven tech decrease the regen time of your CA's a lot faster as Concentration would. Therefore I think it's a much better idea to stick to Axe lore, socket as many Fadalmar rings as possible into the Axe and put all you can't socket into one of your ring slots.

You can also socket one of the Fadalmar rings into Aarnum's blade to override the required Sword lore, thus preventing you to take that skill.

And two more tips:

1) Don't focus too much at the use of sets. While a set offers a nice bonus in certain skills, using parts of multiple sets may actually be more beneficial as you would increase those particular skills you need most.

2) Although Faldamar's axe is nice with its fire damage, the best axe for an Axe 'n Board fighter is "Thain's Axe". Not only offers is some fire damage, it also offers a huge increase in Weapon Lore. And with WL being one of the skills setting how much damage you do, any free increase of it is something you should take.

Thorin :) 

I've never used swords on any other character as my Seraphim and usually she was Dual Wielding Sereish Blade of Thunder or the poison swords from another set. My Dwarf and Gladiator usually used - one or two handed - axes, my Fire Spiral BM - with full Byleth set :D - often used the one handed staves and later the unique sword you could pick up in Mystdale and my feeble attempt to play a WE and DE were just that, feeble attempts. So I have no experience with Aarnum's set at all.

However, I believe either Knuckles or R00ster created a Gladiator build around Lorgar's set and iirc that one does have a 2-handed sword in it. So you may consider doing a search for that build here and see how much you can adopt it to a Dwarf. Considering some said that a Dwarf was nothing but a mini-Gladiator, I doubt it would be that hard to do.

Thorin :) 

• Like! 1