[SOLVED] Diligent Apprentices (Dryad specific quest) bug

Hello! Recently I started a Dryad project after a long pause and I encountered this strange issue. 

As the attached images shows, the current phase of the quest is to kill TyBosso. However, as the marker shows on the map, at the location is no sign of him and the logbook say "defeated".

Tried to quit and load the game a few times and also searched all the surroundings and still no sign of him. Any suggestion or help will be appreciated. 

I attach the images below:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by RavenLight

That quest page from the wiki is so first class... I just spent a minute looking at his work again and breathing deeply.. #muchappreciation

#+++ @ Knuckles

... master wiki quest guide creator

:superman:

gogo

Yes, it always says "Defeated" next to any kill quest target, even before death.  It's meant to indicate that defeating them is your goal.  The check mark next to the portrait will indicate when you have accomplished that goal.

I see the problem here right away, that is not at all the right spot for the confrontation with Tybosso in this quest phase.  He is supposed to be in a camp in Artamark.  The Dryad is supposed to run into a female mage who is also out to get Tybosso, then they either team up or fight.

You have Samaura on your team, so you must be Light path.  That means it is definitely the phase where you kill Tybosso, but for some reason the game is pointing you towards his old spot in Tyr Lysia instead of the Artamark camp where he is supposed to be.

I can see you have the CM Patch installed.  Any other mods active?

He's supposed to be in the camp right near where you met Samaura.

Samuratab.jpg

7 hours ago, Androdion said:

It says defeated much like on the Thraconians, except you don't have a check mark on it so it's pending completion. Try the info on the Wiki to see if it helps in any way:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Dryad_Class_Chain_Quest#4._Diligent_Apprentices

I did try the Wiki as well, read the quest about 5 times to check if I missed something but the quest marker still send me to the camp in Thylysium and not where TyBosso is supposed to be. I tried to go to the camp near Artamark but no sign of him or any quest related aspects.

7 hours ago, Flix said:

Yes, it always says "Defeated" next to any kill quest target, even before death.  It's meant to indicate that defeating them is your goal.  The check mark next to the portrait will indicate when you have accomplished that goal.

I see the problem here right away, that is not at all the right spot for the confrontation with Tybosso in this quest phase.  He is supposed to be in a camp in Artamark.  The Dryad is supposed to run into a female mage who is also out to get Tybosso, then they either team up or fight.

You have Samaura on your team, so you must be Light path.  That means it is definitely the phase where you kill Tybosso, but for some reason the game is pointing you towards his old spot in Tyr Lysia instead of the Artamark camp where he is supposed to be.

I can see you have the CM Patch installed.  Any other mods active?

He's supposed to be in the camp right near where you met Samaura.

Samuratab.jpg

When I walk into the camp where he's supposed to be, nothing happens and no one is there. 

I have only CM Patch 1.60 installed and no other patches and mods. 

Ok so I managed to solve it somehow. The issue was caused by an active Ressurection monolith in Thylysium which forced the game for actually no reason to point at TyBosso's first encounter. I did activate another Monolith, this time in Skook's Corner, near where you are supposed to kill TyBosso and indeed it showed correctly this time and forced him to spawn in that camp. 
Weird issue indeed, I did played Dryads in the past and did this quest a few times but actually this is the first time I encountered something like this.
I'll let the thread here and I'll mark it with a [Solved] just if some other players encounter this issue as well.
Thanks for all of your replies and thanks as well because you took a little bit of your personal time trying to help somehow!

Edited by RavenLight
  • Thanks! 1

Interesting. I've never seen anything like that and have no idea why the monolith would be the solution.  Glad it's working ok now though.

• Like! 1
14 minutes ago, Flix said:

Interesting. I've never seen anything like that and have no idea why the monolith would be the solution.  Glad it's working ok now though.

I've no idea either. After trying a lot of things to solve it and failed every time, I was about to give up and continue the campaign. I went to Skook's Corner to do its side quests and activated the monolith there so I can teleport on it after quests and as soon as I activated it, that white pulse on the screen that's showing when you are doing certain phases of the quests appeared out of nowhere and this time pointed correctly and TyBosso was there as well, unlike previous times before activating the monolith in the vicinity.

Pretty much weird thing indeed. Still trying to figure what caused the monolith to be the problem.