DarkMatters - Member Picture Thread

Guest gogoblender

In the world before digital fotos, do a filter with the colour for the background in front of the camera. do a filter with opposite colour in front of the flash. Where the flash is strong the filters eleminate each other- neural colour- Background the flash filter has less effect as the camewra filter and so the background is coloured.

Was fun to try out effects with filters and black paper, for key hole like effects, colour effects, ... Of cause all can be done with software now.

Welcome back Sil! They two pix are great, are you using photoshop to finish off the photos? How did you get the good color difference tween the women in the back and you in the foreground.

lol, get in the front of the pic more often, yer a great ham!

:P

gogo

I can't afford Photoshop. I am using Two Corel products, Aftershot pro and Paintshop pro X4. I always shoot with single point focus, spot metering and pretty wide aperatures. I don't really like group photography so I am trying to single out one person in the group, letting the others get underexposed or overexposed.

That shot also had some digital magic done to it that I have saved as a preset called 'The Henry Way' :4rofl:

Thank's for the warm welcome.

Hey everyone!

I'm still here in Bethesda, the weather is awesome, and sleeping in late is just a blessing. They have a small mini-lake here in behind their condos, herons, ducks, geese (nasty!) and leaping fish! So much real life... I'm scared!

Something to be said about the placid ideal life of greened area...feel so sleeeepeeeee :P

Here's a pic snapped of my and my mom just as I flew in on that night, good times

35n4is0.jpg

:)

gogo

p.s. back in two more days! :bounce:

• Like! 1
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I seem to have a musical instrument in my hands in every pic. Nor am I ever looking at the camera.

LuyjgBP.jpg

KL3tIAV.jpg

College Days (dude in the middle)

fLFx2Xl.jpg

Hostel in the Forest - cant' go anywhere without the guitar

WXQIIAB.jpg

I'm always on the left in band pics for some reason.

TC3UiiX.jpg

r0YihsL.jpg

High School Days playing the String Bass (guy on the left)

pGuyP8K.jpg

• Like! 1

Nice pics guys :)

Probably never ever upload one of mine...would probably break the forum :P

It's funny how subconsciously you'll make a mental picture of someone by listening to them (especially a dj on a radio station) or by reading/texting with them. And when you finally see the person it's never ever close to what you envisioned. Except for Brad....I totally saw that lightning bolt coming lol

• Like! 1

Threads come back alive, Facebook has not taken us down yet!

I remember when this thread went up years ago, Ogame was the thing then, and everyone found it novel to have a place on the net to have picx... who woulda thunk it

All these new posts up got me to look up the community in pix, I've seen most a ya's, but Flix, finally great seeing who I had envisioned in my head, musician!

Theuns, is there anyone in your family that does not have blonde hair! :lol:

:dance:

gogo

The following pictures are in no specific order/timeline.

Delta!

Ooh, great pics, trips and stuff are a good idea for photo posts. Let's see if I can find some where I'm actually smiling/looking at the camera.

Well first, here's my mug. Funny thing is I NEVER wear my beard like this, but I liked the look enough to snap a pic of it to laugh about later:

PpAkG9t.jpg

Co2zgti.jpg

I actually look like this, with just a goatee, like 99% of the time:

wO6Yyea.jpg

Anyway, some interesting places I've been:

Tintagel Ruins, Cornwall

M3CzSdv.jpg

Glastonbury Tor, England. That was a looooooooong climb up there

8WxmZps.jpg

Tower Bridge, London

9dG5HkJ.jpg

Stonehenge

D4r18AX.jpg

Florence, Italy

1p58CT9.jpg

Another one in the Glastonbury Gardens

NhMRPFE.jpg

Theuns, is there anyone in your family that does not have blonde hair! :lol:

:dance:

gogo

Yes. My father had pitch black hair, but as soft as silk, his brothers and one sister also had black hair. My moms sister and brothers had brown/ black hair. My moms natural colour is like mine. I got the colour from my mom and the type of hair from my dad. Even now some of my aunts and uncles and old family friends call me a "sybokkie" directly translated means a silk deer...

It is great to see all the pictures. Just waiting for knuckles to post one or two...

Delta!

I tend to picture people as their avatars. Knuckles, for example, is obviously a floppy golden retriever sitting at a computer.

And what do you picture me as with my avatar pic?

Delta!

Six-headed being? LOL. Honestly as a Dryad woman. Didn't even register that you were male until I saw these pics in this thread (even though it's in the info there, that's the power of avatars, at least on me!).

Flix, how many instruments do you play?

I think that pic of you with the cellos is sparkle

gogo

Thanks, it's actually a string bass, the cello's big brother.

Guitar and bass in all their forms, orchestral strings, banjo, mandolin... pretty much any instrument with strings I can give at least a decent show.

This was gonna be me someday:

BottesiniTestore.jpg

• Like! 1

That is a incredible talent. took piano lessons when I was a kid, and could do great "trix" with speed and could perform well...but my sight reading was always poor, and I hated the theory then... musical aptitutde didn't come as easily to me as others, I guess like you who can just "feel" their way to instruments! :dance:

gogo

Big family get together here in montreal this summer, bro and mom flew in, craziness in the city

with us at St. Joseph's Oratory

st-joseph-s-oratory-photo_986757-770tall

just a block or two away from where I live

gogo

familyaugust.jpg

• 3 months later...