DarkMatters - Member Picture Thread

Guest gogoblender

Here I am :cha (18):

stheflower.th.jpg

Zomgod, COOL a girl on the forum! This is awesome, cause for celebration. Lelo, great pic, and thanks for sharing!

We've had a little up shot in member pix here, this is great to see, and it always adds some warmth.

Ryan and Czevak thanks for finally put some faces on the posts.

:)

gogo

Stubbie, your family loox awesome...and you... look fit! Guess you're down at the beach often showing off the physique ^^

Where'd all those hamburgers go mate?

gogo

p.s. lol re Czevak the MInstrel... head on !

• 2 months later...

Me and Clarissa, we worked together at the reatuarant.

post-15332-0-58428300-1298646383_thumb.jpg

At a "workshop" where we made chocolate Cheffies! it was sooooooooooooo much fun!

post-15332-0-80449200-1298646642_thumb.jpg

Finished Product!

post-15332-0-50788700-1298646731_thumb.jpg

Me, My oldest sister(Joanie) on her wedding day, and my middle sister(Elbe)

post-15332-0-11458300-1298647095_thumb.jpg

The 3 kids with my parents

post-15332-0-71957300-1298647582_thumb.jpg

Me 2 years ago on my 21st, the theme was Rubics cube,(you have to wear the 6 colours of rubics cube!) my brother in law, and middle sister's ex fiance are also included!

post-15332-0-71099300-1298647377_thumb.jpg

Just started doing my freeflying course. Best time I've ever had in my life! one big Jol!

post-15332-0-44007400-1298648024_thumb.jpg

Me doing my 100th skydive, Naked as is tradition, in 2007

post-15332-0-71373400-1298647748_thumb.jpg

Theuns, these are awesome pix. Brave soul you are to keep up with the skydiving, I tried it a bit, but just couldn't put up with the stomach feeling. 100 jumps?

Courageous

gogo

Yip I actually have a total of 138 jumps, before the doctor told me if I wanted to continue using my lower body, I'd have to quit. But it was still the best 4years in my life! :yay:

Parachuting was affecting yer lower body? Was the jarring that bad? I've actually never heard of this before. Is there something you could have done, or technique for landing that could have helped?

gogo

Parachuting was affecting yer lower body? Was the jarring that bad? I've actually never heard of this before. Is there something you could have done, or technique for landing that could have helped?

gogo

I had 2 hard openings that caused some pain in my upper back, and then on my last jump I had a premature reserve deployment while in a high speed freefall,(aad malfuntioned) fracturing the t8 section of my spine. At first the doctor just took x-rays and said I should just wait till the pain subsides shouldn't be longer than 3months. Went back after 2months and he did scans, and warned that another hard opening can cause more damage and I might injure my spine more... would love to go and jump again though! :BlobRed:

• Like! 1

Ooooowch... Theuns, I would seriously take it easy on the back. Back stuff, if you get it when you're young, can become chronic and make your years a harrowing experience.

I dug up this movie for you instead ... it's not the same thing as doing it live, but it's the movie that got me and a bunch of my buddies to start up jumping :

gogo

Looks like an awesome movie gogo, I'll try and get it!

I waited 5 months for friends so that we can all do it together, and finally I said "doesn't look like you guys want to do it anymore, I'm going, if you want to catch a ride you are more than welcome!" ended up going alone and making great new friends at the dropzone! :drunkards:

• 1 month later...

I had just gotten my hair cut a few weeks back and was trying to preen some in front of the camera to send to the parents mentioning all is well :devil:

Before I could click Blek! Schot had already snuck his way in even more and got himself snapped in:!

:viking:

gogo

I've got a few pictures to share-one new one and a few old ones. Been working on the family tree at ancestry.com.

Of course this is me....

img017.jpg

Here I am again. I believe this is early 70's

img035.jpg

That's me on the right and my older sister in the middle. And our dog, Georgia.

img019.jpg

Me and my younger sister....

img036.jpg

A later shot of my younger sister. Not sure when this was taken. She passed away in 1990--three days after Christmas

img009.jpg

My mother, right out of highschool

AuntPat1.jpg

And again at her wedding.....

img005.jpg

And finally, me after my mother's memorial service.

Henry.jpg

Edited by Silearth

Those pix came out great, that car in the background in your first one black and white is beautiful. Have you been bitten by the family tree bug? I remember seeing an ad for a kind of family tree service on Facebook.

gogo

Those pix came out great, that car in the background in your first one black and white is beautiful. Have you been bitten by the family tree bug? I remember seeing an ad for a kind of family tree service on Facebook.

gogo

I've been into it on and off for years, but I got serious only recently. When we were going through my mother's stuff we found a packet of documents belonging to my grandfather. There was a receipt for his marriage to my grandmother, his discharge papers from world war 2 among other things.

Seeing that really sparked my interest.

I've been into it on and off for years, but I got serious only recently. When we were going through my mother's stuff we found a packet of documents belonging to my grandfather. There was a receipt for his marriage to my grandmother, his discharge papers from world war 2 among other things.

Seeing that really sparked my interest.

It tends to be something like that which sparks interest. What a good find, though, the receipt and discharge papers! Keep up the looking into things, keep going. You never know what you may turn up.

• 1 month later...

Got a new toy for my birthday, the Nikon D3000. Still trying to get the hang of this thing, so here are some new pictures.

First we have Alexander

_DSC0640.jpg

Then Abigail

_DSC0534.jpg

Alicia in the pool at the hotel

_DSC0125.jpg

And Alanna, who told me she wants to be a model

_DSC0633.jpg

Alexander again. Not sure what he was throwing, but he did not know I was back there.

_DSC0691.jpg

lucky with the nice cam Sil. They are good pictures, you've caught some great faces. My favorites are the three black and white portraits. You've turned them into magazine stars^^

gogo

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

hmm, I looked and looked, and looked... even tween all those words... no new pic!

:whip:

gogo

Wow, it's amazing that after all this time, there have been no new pictures. The last shots are mine, but allow me to post two more.

I'm usually behind the camera, but saw the women still standing around after taking a group shot. Adjusted my settings and handed the camera to my wife, telling her to wait for me to point.

_DSC0267.png

A parody of an add from my work.

HELP.png

Edited by Silearth

Welcome back Sil! They two pix are great, are you using photoshop to finish off the photos? How did you get the good color difference tween the women in the back and you in the foreground.

lol, get in the front of the pic more often, yer a great ham!

:P

gogo