Jump to content


Sign in to follow this  
Guest gogoblender

DarkMatters - Member Picture Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Chrona said:

Hey all, long time no see

Hope you are all well

48039940_1854613531332111_7695834413719879680_n.jpg

Chrona!

Happy to see you back!  Great pic! ZZTOP :D ... Playin any new games? I know you pretty much get to the end of every game you play... family keeping well?

:)

 

gogo

Share this post


Link to post
 

Hey gogo, yes we are all well. I cant leave the house at this time, because of existinc health handiscaps- so more time to play ;)

Had an accident in dec 2019, lost two fingers, but they rescue the fingers...but for now-> no therapy to learn using the left hand properly

Doin some basic training at home

I play minecraft with one hand :lol: rent a small server and started to build some viking stuff

 

Hope you are ok too :)

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
 
17 hours ago, Chrona said:

Hey gogo, yes we are all well. I cant leave the house at this time, because of existinc health handiscaps- so more time to play ;)

Had an accident in dec 2019, lost two fingers, but they rescue the fingers...but for now-> no therapy to learn using the left hand properly

Doin some basic training at home

I play minecraft with one hand :lol: rent a small server and started to build some viking stuff

 

Hope you are ok too :)

cheers

Happy to hear you and your family are keeping well Chrona.  I'll always remember your crazy builds for Sacred 2...  always top ending at max level...

Fan!

:thumbsup:

 

gogo

Share this post


Link to post
 

'sup Picture thread, it's been a while :wink: this was me showing off my last haircut before the whole c-thing happend. Have a buzzcut now just to look decent when we're allowed to be out and about again. 

IMG-20200307-WA0002.jpg

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
 
3 hours ago, Timotheus said:

'sup Picture thread, it's been a while :wink: this was me showing off my last haircut before the whole c-thing happend. Have a buzzcut now just to look decent when we're allowed to be out and about again. 

IMG-20200307-WA0002.jpg

Timo... great pic! You're not aging!

:superman:

gogo

p.s lol you've reminded me of the dilemma we face with this virus...

"And who shall cut their hair!"

:tongue2:

Share this post


Link to post
 

9 degrees yesterday and only work a half day... its a shorts day...hello mountain... and now for semi shambling  semblance of a jog :lol:

 

 

3zn7juHxOn79jLg-IIFziPc_YbKh6Np4bqDgDzgs

 

Gloves for protectrion ...never know whenyou have to touch something 

:D

 

gogo

Share this post


Link to post
 

I have had two pets for a few years, both males. 
Piper the cat, an adorable little fluff ball, that is soooo independent, but -> "daddy, I am not Happy! the sky peed on me and I am now wet... make it better!"

 755668576_IMG-20200529-WA0003(2).thumb.jpg.3d07e4d047801c961698e20c9f1ad64a.jpgIMG-20200404-WA0036.jpg.2dd49892e1a231fc3ede29ac81816a33.jpg

 

And Dexter. a Corn snake, named after my favourite serial killer, and he is also red, like Dexter's Hair. 

IMG-20200516-WA0018.thumb.jpg.41c7f85d9a36e08719a3c3e619cbe999.jpg Being a sleeve noodle

 

And today we added our first Females to the Family.

Say hello to Bellatrix Lesnake. My fiance wanted to name her.

IMG-20200529-WA0014.thumb.jpg.5013f6e4e10e0677babb78dac3894bc4.jpg

 

And Princess Yue

IMG-20200529-WA0021.thumb.jpg.f2e6f934e90609c8c54d61090da7c135.jpg

 

They are both soooo tiny and cute!

  • Appreciation 1

Share this post


Link to post
 
On 5/29/2020 at 9:37 AM, Delta! said:

I have had two pets for a few years, both males. 
Piper the cat, an adorable little fluff ball, that is soooo independent, but -> "daddy, I am not Happy! the sky peed on me and I am now wet... make it better!"

 755668576_IMG-20200529-WA0003(2).thumb.jpg.3d07e4d047801c961698e20c9f1ad64a.jpgIMG-20200404-WA0036.jpg.2dd49892e1a231fc3ede29ac81816a33.jpg

 

And Dexter. a Corn snake, named after my favourite serial killer, and he is also red, like Dexter's Hair. 

IMG-20200516-WA0018.thumb.jpg.41c7f85d9a36e08719a3c3e619cbe999.jpg Being a sleeve noodle

 

And today we added our first Females to the Family.

Say hello to Bellatrix Lesnake. My fiance wanted to name her.

IMG-20200529-WA0014.thumb.jpg.5013f6e4e10e0677babb78dac3894bc4.jpg

 

And Princess Yue

IMG-20200529-WA0021.thumb.jpg.f2e6f934e90609c8c54d61090da7c135.jpg

 

They are both soooo tiny and cute!

These are awesome pix Theuns!  I have only developped real empathy for animals in the last while while we had Star...cat who kept living :lol:  Love seeing people's affection for animals, ... that snake in your sleeve though! What does he do... does he like the body warmth and just snuggled in for a while? Does he show affection in is own way that you can recognize?

Thanks for the awesome share... we were talking about pets this morning, and now its seems like your post is a nudge from the forces!

:gogo:

 

gogo

Share this post


Link to post
 

Be careful...

Before we married my wife had a dog and I a cat. Was enough as long we studied. Then we took the old family house mid in forest which none of my older cousins wanted to have. It came with an old horse, 12 hen and sheep for keeping the gras short. Our daughter started to explore the surroundings when she was three and we thought that neither my cat nor the papillon dog of my wife would be good guards. So the first animal we bought as family was Tarzan, a leonberger. Absolut child friendly, trained for water rescue (ponds around and he could pull a whole person out of them, so a small child should be no problem), When we bought Tarzan as a pub he was biting into a towel when playing and didn't release when I lifted it. He was swinging like Tarzan. Then my daughter brought injured animals she found...

Most could be released when healed, But Stuka (after a German dive bomber) stayed. A small owl which lost a third of her left wing. We made a nest for her in the barn and feeded her with living flour worms we placed on the ground. She was jumping up from step to step on the ladder back to her nest. But her attack flight was a jump from her next 5metres to the prey. So she got her name. She even breeded for several years because of an opening below the roof allowing another owl in.

Then....

Endless list, so be careful because your first animal could be the start of an endless list ...

 

We have no snakes in house, but every year we have some breeding in compost. Ringelnatter, european gras snake, not poisonous and easily to identify because of two yellow spots behind the head.

Share this post


Link to post
 

Schot's Birthday today!  Course restaurants are all closed...but a Japanese franchise opened up near us a few months ago, we decided to give it a go... they have a virus special on ... 30 percent off everything to go... kayum bo!!

 

IMG_3283.jpg

 

IMG_3285.jpg

IMG_3293.jpg

IMG_3295.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
 
2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

These are awesome pix Theuns!  I have only developped real empathy for animals in the last while while we had Star...cat who kept living :lol:  Love seeing people's affection for animals, ... that snake in your sleeve though! What does he do... does he like the body warmth and just snuggled in for a while? Does he show affection in is own way that you can recognize?

Thanks for the awesome share... we were talking about pets this morning, and now its seems like your post is a nudge from the forces!

:gogo:

 

gogo

 

Well, snakes don't really have ways of showing love or affection... But they do tolerate you/allow you to touch and hold them and they do become used to you and other people touching/handling them without becoming aggressive. 

Corn snakes are not venomous. They are constrictors and don't grow big enough to do any harm to a human, even children and babies. They are also some of the most docile snakes to have as pets. 

Taking care of them is as easy as feeding them once every 5-7 days as babies, and then the bigger they grow and the bigger the rodents become that you feed them the less often you can feed them. Dexter was on rat pups, and he was being fed a bit of an irregular schedule. Since rats have more calories than mice, corn snakes can become fat from rats. I was feeding him one rat, then waiting about 8-10 days then feed him one rat, wait two weeks, feed him one rat, wait 8-10 days, one rat, 2 weeks... In that cycle. He actually did get a bit thicker which is good and he atleast did not get fat. He also got longer. The petshop did not have adult mice, that is why I took the rats, yesterday they did not have rats. So he is going back to mice.

So you want them to gain girth and length, most new snake owners struggle to get their snakes to get girth, because they are scared of feeding them prey that are too big. So they feed them 2 smaller ones. Which allows them to grow longer, but stay thin spaghetti snakes... They can eat a rodent that is upto 1,5 times as thick as the thickest part of their own bodies. And it looks soooooo cool when the bump moves down their body. 

And then they need a terrarium, a cave or hide, fresh water, some enrichment and you only have to clean up after them about 4/5 days after they ate and handling them on a regular basis.

Share this post


Link to post
 
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Schot's Birthday today!  Course restaurants are all closed...but a Japanese franchise opened up near us a few months ago, we decided to give it a go... they have a virus special on ... 30 percent off everything to go... kayum bo!!

 

IMG_3283.jpg

 

IMG_3293.jpg

 

Hello Hello :bye: Congrats on your Bday Schot! And that food is looking mighty fine!

No pic from me this time. Haven't even showered yet and I just came out of a 11 hour beauty sleep. Have some trouble with getting a proper 6-8 hours a night at the moment and last night I just crashed lol

 

@Delta! Will the snakes stay that small? Or will they keep growing? I'm not that keen on reptilian or arachnid pets, but to each their own :wink:

Edited by Timotheus
Autocorrect...
  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
 
18 hours ago, Delta! said:

 

Well, snakes don't really have ways of showing love or affection... But they do tolerate you/allow you to touch and hold them and they do become used to you and other people touching/handling them without becoming aggressive. 

Corn snakes are not venomous. They are constrictors and don't grow big enough to do any harm to a human, even children and babies. They are also some of the most docile snakes to have as pets. 

Taking care of them is as easy as feeding them once every 5-7 days as babies, and then the bigger they grow and the bigger the rodents become that you feed them the less often you can feed them. Dexter was on rat pups, and he was being fed a bit of an irregular schedule. Since rats have more calories than mice, corn snakes can become fat from rats. I was feeding him one rat, then waiting about 8-10 days then feed him one rat, wait two weeks, feed him one rat, wait 8-10 days, one rat, 2 weeks... In that cycle. He actually did get a bit thicker which is good and he atleast did not get fat. He also got longer. The petshop did not have adult mice, that is why I took the rats, yesterday they did not have rats. So he is going back to mice.

So you want them to gain girth and length, most new snake owners struggle to get their snakes to get girth, because they are scared of feeding them prey that are too big. So they feed them 2 smaller ones. Which allows them to grow longer, but stay thin spaghetti snakes... They can eat a rodent that is upto 1,5 times as thick as the thickest part of their own bodies. And it looks soooooo cool when the bump moves down their body. 

And then they need a terrarium, a cave or hide, fresh water, some enrichment and you only have to clean up after them about 4/5 days after they ate and handling them on a regular basis.

Great info Theuns!

I never knew this about using diet to control a snake's girth and length...and especially didn't know about the importance of a Rat's calories versus a mouse!

:D

 

gogo

@Timotheuswe are SO FULL from two days of eating merriment :sick: hahahha, I guess the rich food life isnt so much for me... the japanese restaurant had such a huge range of dishes to choose from.  It was our first time walking in, the menu always looked a bit on the pricey side for me, but with this special discount everything was possible, purchasable and palatable! Choice of many delicious Ramens... and they served the bouillon on the side..u had to pour it on top when you got it home... I've very rarely eaten this, it was a remarkable experience! And they gave a side order of fried chicken chunks for free... all hail the may dipping sauces... at least for the first wee while until it settles stomach wise

:lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
 
Posted (edited)
On 4/23/2015 at 10:38 AM, Veracious said:

https://scontent-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-0/30477_1394096265779_5719218_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=fd15cdc56a44f7522146c005db5cca8a&oe=559B94E0

 

 

I don't know if it'll work because my page is private but this is my gf and I in Puerto Rico on vacation.

Well this stopped working lol. I didn't know links "expired". Here's a replacement. 

 

1564954525402.jpg

Edited by Veracious
  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
 
1 minute ago, Veracious said:

Well this stopped working lol. I didn't know links "expired". Here's a replacement. 

 

1564954525402.jpg

Awesome! A happy pic of our members in this Corona days... its like everyone is always alone... I'm just thrilled to see more than one human showing up again :bounce:  If you uploaded this pic to this site, it'll stay here on DarkMatters... When you've been here as long as we have links to other sites always seem to break or they "wear" out... Thanks Mike for the share, I hope you and your family are keeping safe, strong and ... well-fed!

:superman:

gogo

Share this post


Link to post
 
22 hours ago, gogoblender said:

These are awesome pix Theuns!  I have only developped real empathy for animals in the last while while we had Star...cat who kept living :lol:  Love seeing people's affection for animals, ... that snake in your sleeve though! What does he do... does he like the body warmth and just snuggled in for a while? Does he show affection in is own way that you can recognize?

Thanks for the awesome share... we were talking about pets this morning, and now its seems like your post is a nudge from the forces!

:gogo:

 

gogo

 

He likes the warmth when he is being held by people. he often tries going into sleeves, or hoodies, or even women's tops and bra's/// I suppose he is a real male. Since they are cold blooded they do like the heat, and they will try to go where they will feel more secure/safe/secluded, so my sleeves are very popular, the hood of my hoodie if it hangs on my back, and around my shoulders or around my middle when it is a cold day and I am layered up. the he just chills there, I can feel how he starts to warm up, and then he is a bit more active if I handle him again.

 

2 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Hello Hello :bye: Congrats on your Bday Schot! And that food is looking mighty fine!

No pic from me this time. Haven't even showered yet and I just came out of a 11 hour beauty sleep. Have some trouble with getting a proper 6-8 hours a night at the moment and last night I just crashed lol

 

@Delta! Will the snakes stay that small? Or will they keep growing? I'm not that keen on reptilian or arachnid pets, but to each their own :wink:

 

No, corn snakes do grow a bit bigger, max size that they have been recorded is 1.8m, with a girth of about 16cm, then they should be healthy and well fed. But they also need that amount of space in their terrariums. So the rule of thumb is, two adjoining sides combined must be equal to or greater than the length of the snake. They are not arboreal, so they don't need high enlosures. Our terrariums are 40cm high with a bit of enrichment, we put some vines and wooden pegs into the back so that he can slither around and explore more, but a lot of breeders keep them in a stacking system, in plastic tubs. similar to the picture.

image.png.637a2329c4dd67b88b440b328c5236d6.png

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
 
Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2020 at 10:24 AM, gogoblender said:

Awesome! A happy pic of our members in this Corona days... its like everyone is always alone... I'm just thrilled to see more than one human showing up again :bounce:  If you uploaded this pic to this site, it'll stay here on DarkMatters... When you've been here as long as we have links to other sites always seem to break or they "wear" out... Thanks Mike for the share, I hope you and your family are keeping safe, strong and ... well-fed!

:superman:

gogo

We're all good so far thanks! You too. 

 

I had shared the original link from facebook thinking my facebook isn't going anywhere so I was surprised it stopped working. Now I just uploaded directly. For some reason I couldn't last time so I linked instead

Edited by Veracious

Share this post


Link to post
 

And... guys were in the SECOND round of Covid here...  they are checking borders to see what province yer from to make sure there is as little "traveling" as possible... k... is everyone else getting tired of not being able to get hair cut properly :lol:

IMG_5325.jpg

 

:Laie_34:

gogo

Share this post


Link to post
 

And...the covid beard! though, after almost two weeks, :lol: this may not last beyond the day

 

IMG_5481.jpg

 

:4rofl:

gogo

Share this post


Link to post
 

Lol better watch out Gogo it's way too easy to get that hobo look these days! Trust me... :sweating:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
 
On 10/15/2020 at 6:56 PM, gogoblender said:

And...the covid beard! though, after almost two weeks, :lol: this may not last beyond the day

 

IMG_5481.jpg

 

:4rofl:

gogo

That is all you manage in two weeks... I wish my beard only grew that much in two weeks. Even though I am not a hairy person, and the hair on my head is very soft, fine and silky my beard grows insanely fast, thick and full over my lower face... I want to get permanent hair removal for my beard.

Share this post


Link to post
 
On 10/16/2020 at 3:17 PM, Delta! said:

TI want to get permanent hair removal for my beard.

lol me to! I HATE shaving

wheni was working at office id do it twice a week

now...muhahahhahah like once every two months 

:help:

gogo

Share this post


Link to post
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
  • Create New...