Ike [D.a.r.k.] vs. Koris [Purple A]

Ike

So Long, and Thanks For All the Fleets

- Goodbye -

Well, the time has come for me to retire from oGame. I started just over one year ago, with no knowledge of the game, nor friends who played. I bumbled around for a time, slowly figuring things out, until I met Beowulf, MoreBeer, and Firefly. In different ways, these three helped me to figure things out, afforded me some protection, got me a ton-o-moons, and put me in contact with the wonderful people who are reading this forum.

I took to heart the advice from the FAQ that this is a game of taking by force, more than trading. I neglected my mines and concentrated on raiding, and occasional fleet-crashing. I went it alone until the end of November, when I joined D.a.r.k., one of Uni 9's oldest, and most respected alliances. I have enjoyed my time with the folk at D.a.r.k., DAWN/Spawn, and SIN. As well as all of the other great people I have interacted with along the way.

However, the time has come where I have achieved everything I ever hoped to in oGame and a lot more. The raiding/fleeter lifestyle takes a tremendous toll on my time and can no longer be justified. Turning miner does not interest me, although perhaps it should. It is not that it is not an excellent way to go, as Rik has shown, it is just not that for which I play oGame. I will make an effort to drop in now and again, and I will get my account in order in case anyone is interested in it.

- The Hit -

I was looking for a way to end my career in style. I had several targets but eventually decided on Koris [Purple A]. In part this was due to my contempt for everyone in Purple A, with the exception of Tenchi - who is a big ole stud. They have at least rudimentary skills, but like turtles, rely on the size of their fleets [defenses] to hit others and prevent people from attacking them. Kiwan pointed Koris out to me, and we noticed that he left his fleet on his G1 moon after the 03:00 reset on several occasions and did not log on for hours. [it should be noted that Kiwan was staring down the gravitrons of a dozen RIPs at the time. :P] I noticed that Koris moved his fleet via JG to his only other moon, approximately 200 SS from my G5 Moon. So I sent out a call for deuterium and sent an attack colony 5 SS away from his moon.

Meanwhile, I sent 10 RIPs to destroy his G1 moon . I figured this would force him to keep his fleet in G5 for me. I sent recs from my moon on a really long trip, timed between the 3:00 a.m. server reset and the moon destruction in G1. I sent my fleet enmasse to my colony, as well as some cargos with extra deuterium ahead of the main fleet. A couple of hours before my fleets landed,

Koris pinged my colony and then phalanxed my first set of cargos. I waited a while and then recalled the cargos and resent all of my cargos behind my main fleet, and he immediately recalled his fleet. There were also some HF in the fleet that got recalled, which is why I didn't have 1K of HF. :D

I was concerned that now he would be on his guard and maybe fleetsave or stay on during my planned attack time. However, I probed his moon a few times and watched his main and the activity ceased as it usually did. So I launched my fleet [at 90%, 'cause you can never be too paranoid] immediately upon landing, figuring I had enough deuterium to recall and launch a couple more times if necessary. I wanted to minimize the chances that he would come online and thwart my plans. I also launched followups to grab the rest of the 1.8 MM deuterium on his moon.

I pinged his moon regularly and waited patiently until the 03:00 server reset. Then I watched his main in trepidation. The last 10 minutes, when my fleet would have hit if I had sent it at 100%, were the worst. But he did not come online until almost an hour after the hit.

I wish Koris GLOTR if he decides to stay.

- The Combat Report -

Attacker Ike

Light Fighter 10,144

Heavy Fighter 891

Cruiser 1001

Battleship 1402

Bomber 102

Destroyer 301

Defender Koris

Small Cargo 149

Large Cargo 136

Light Fighter 4578

Cruiser 359

Battleship 627

Recycler 152

Espionage Probe 113

Sheep_wolf.gif

Beware the sheep in wolf's clothing

Attacker Ike

Light Fighter 7646 (Lost = 2498)

Heavy Fighter 720 (Lost = 171)

Cruiser 931 (Lost = 170)

Battleship 1401 (Lost = 1)

Bomber 102 (Lost = 0)

Destroyer 301 (Lost = 0)

Defender Koris

Destroyed

The attacker has won the battle!

He captured

257,880 metal, 3150 crystal, and 928,060 deuterium

The attacker lost a total of 13,652,000 units.

The defender lost a total of 70,398,000 units.

At these space coordinates now float 17,576,400 metal and 7,638,600 crystal.

The chance for a moon to be created is 0%

Followups:

The attacker has won the battle!

He captured

128,940 metal, 1575 crystal, and 464,032 deuterium

He captured

64,470 metal, 787 crystal, and 232,016 deuterium

He captured

32,235 metal, 394 crystal, and 116,008 deuterium

He captured

16,118 metal, 197 crystal, and 58,004 deuterium

Recyclers:

Mine:

Your 666 Recyclers have a total capacity of 13,320,000.

At the target, 17,576,400 metal and 7,642,500 crystal are floating in space.

You have harvested 6,660,000 metal and 6,660,000 crystal.

Your 666 Recyclers have a total capacity of 13,320,000.

At the target, 10,916,400 metal and 982,500 crystal are floating in space.

You have harvested 10,916,400 metal and 982,500 crystal.

Total deuterium cost: ~ 5.2MM there, attack, and back, plus recs.

Total Gain: 6,116,113 metal, 3,256,603 crystal, and -3,741,880 deuterium

Defender Loss:

137 Koris Purple A 766,098

153 Koris Purple A 697,344

Fleet:

210 Koris Purple A 8257

498 Koris Purple A 2386

- Moon [non] Destruction -

Your deathstar aims its alternating graviton shock cannon at the satellite.

Light quakes shake the surface of the moon.

But something is wrong.

The graviton cannon causes the deathstar to vibrate.

There is feedback.

The deathstar ruptures into millions of pieces.

The resulting shock waves destroy your entire fleet.

Moon destruction chance: 79.0569415042 % DS destruction chance: 37 %

One goal remains elusive . . . kinda glad I already decided to quit, otherwise I'd be pretty upset. ;)

GL to all!

Posted on the Oof.

:P:drinks::drinks::hugs::D

WOW its been a huge day in uni 9!!

Both good :D

and

bad :(

Very sorry to see ewe go Ike, but I guess the time comes for all of us!

Really hope ewe will still drop in here at least every now and then.

We will miss your entertaining stories and sheepish antics :D

Dont work too hard !

This calls for drinks in the bar

;)

CheerZ

:ike::ike::ike::ike::ike:

Hey Aur, I named a planet after you! You should be honored as you are the only non-active player to whom I accorded this honor. A few days ago when I was getting all prepared to say goodbye I decided to name my planets after my favorite oGamers. I didn't name any after D.a.r.k. people as they are already represented by the alliance tag. But you are the last person to make a profitable hit against one of my moons. Granted, this was before I had jumpgates, but still an accomplishment. ;)

I think this calls for some sleep and calling in for a half day at work tomorrow. Soooo late! Still ferrying debris from that massive field. 600 MM still there. Dammmmn!

:D All comes to an end I suppose. Well ure one of the most experienced ogamers ive seen so far so *respect* ;) .. And dont leave completly .. stay around on DM atleast.

Ike -

First, congratulations on another well executed HoF. I am amazed at your talent, determination, planning and execution. You are simply one of the best OGame players I've ever seen.

Second, It's a sad day for all of us knowing that you have decided to retire. I fully understand and support your decision to return to RL and get some sleep. You will be sorely missed.

You are still and always will be, a member of this community, so I expect to see you stop in from time to time and say Hi...

Best of Luck to you...

Guest gogoblender

Damn, that's a heck of a hit man!

Ike, was so awesome havin you with us, at dm first then in the game. heh, you really made an impression when you first started postin and when you joinedup with the gang in ogame and started havin tons of fun with fleetin and the oof everything just got so fun.

A big thanks dude, you really made the gaming a ton of fun and...

heh, yer not goin anywhere mister...once a friend of the Fellowship always!

So we'll see if we can hook up an awesome owner fer yer account and we're gonna absolutely insist on you showin up here with the lamb man.

heh, that smiley's gotta be used

Be good ty fer the ogaming and I'm sher we're all gonna have just as much fun on our new game together.

Cheers!

:P

gogo

p.s. hey...cheers to everyone here who helped us all with an amazing fun with ogame. Games get old but heart stays ferever.

LEt's find that next game guys

Woot!

:P