Sacred 2 Community Discussion: DarkMatters Getting Ready for Sacred 2

After talking with GoGo and bhj briefly about the Sacred section and the oh not soon enough to come Sacred 2 area I had a little think. it is true our Sacred area really does need some love. Maybe because we have all played it to death we haven't really made many posts there...but whatever the reason I do agree that it could do with some serious padding out and BEFORE Sacred 2 arrives....that way we will already I hope have a good post base and peeps visiting for that reason :) ( I am not talking about the design of that section btw just the lack of activity posting wise there, the design is top class)

So I wondered about having a Fan Site press Room/Section....we could contact all the Fansites and offer then a space here within a section so that they can post news etc and aybe we can do some cross linking to them here. this way...we are in control of what goes in there...this is after all D.a.r.k...we would need a point of contact at each of the fan sites and have a clan cap or Press Officer from here to do that and then make some work around for posts etc.....I know this is a bit ambiguous but I hope with us getting our heads together something could come from this. Ofc if you all hate the idea thats fine too :P

Secondly I thought about using the same format for the clans out there...we would have a point of Contact with a select number of clans and invite them here to post clan games/get togethers/ clan news etc. We could have a trading area perhaps and a list of clans we respect. Now this is where I come unstuck...I HATE with a passion those lists of BAD players!!...I would HATE to see D.a.r.k have one. I personally don't care if ppl cheat etc thats up to them...I am just utterly uncomfortable with having those name and shame lists. I think for me if we say had a clan here by invitation using our facilities and it came to the attention of D.a.r.k that there was dischord I would hope this would be dealt with privately and the space offered would be withdrawn. Anyways thats just my feelings on this...and I know I just went off at a tangent :)

So what do you guys think? I know we could do with some fleshing out of that section.

Ages ago I posted about doing an interview with christianne but she is still off on maternity leave so I guess thats still on hold. Maybe and this is waaaay in the future we could interview a dev or two after Sacred 2 is released to get their feelings on the finished product etc....

Anyways let me know what you think

:D

Claire :P

Guest gogoblender

Wicked Post and thread Claire

Just wanted to post that I think that this is a great way for us to get all ramped up about Sacred 2.

Ladies and gents...

Sacred is in da house

I'm just putting together some notes and I'll have some ideas on how we can organize Dark Matters for Sacred 2

+++

:whistle:

gogo

Oh erialc.... What a great idea. I sure am gettin' ready for some new gaming experiences and Sacred 2 is high on the list. This kind of internal planning and development will spur some excitement with the veterans of the game and certainly some interest in those who haven't experienced Sacred/Underworld.

There's much to be said about having representatives or ambassadors to the other fan sites and/or clans. Gee, I think that's where I first met gogo as he was the diplomat from WnX to Clan DA.

Maybe we could start with a new background here - something from Sacred 2, if it's available... or better yet start a whole new section devoted just to Sacred 2 and keep the Old Sacred area around for a while for those folks that are just now discovering the game.

As ideas start coming together let me know what I can do to help out...

Oh, this will be ton of fun... :whistle:

I totally agree, Sc would be way kewl playing like this, and count me in sc2 as soon as I get my hands on it, and also manage to get out of the shop, manouvring through many many sc2 awaiters :blink::D:D

As ideas start coming together let me know what I can do to help out...

Thanks Highlander :( I will :evil:

I'm going to start looking around to see what clans are around and who is playing where...lol...gives me a good excuse to head off back on to he servers...not forgetting non hardcore players I'll pop onto to softcore too.

I know the other day up in HC bronze it was great to see some familiar faces.

:P:P:P