Where are the normal attacks' animations?

So, I have a quick "modding" question - I want to swap the mounted Soul Hammer 2H sword animation with a mounted auto attach 2H sword animation. I know where Soul hammer is in spells.txt, but where are the normal attacks, in which file? Or is it going to be more complicated than just copy/pasting a couple of lines?

I want to do it because I switched the sabertooth tiger model with that of a war horse and soul hammer looks bad on a war horse, where the normal attacks are still fine. 

Thanks!  

Ok, awesome, I'll try that!

Edit: Yes, it worked! I'll change the sound tomorrow morning and it will be perfect. :)

Edited by RetsReds
  • Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

Hey, uhm, I've got a follow-up question - what's the line for unmounted melee auto-attacks? Meaning, what should I change the   animType = "ANIM_TYPE_SM01"   line on a weapon-based skill like Soul hammer or Ravaged impact with to change its animation? Switching it to SM02, 03, and 04 only cycled the casting animations of other skills.
Thanks. :)

Edit: Nvm, figured it out. Switched it to:

animType = "ANIM_TYPE_ATTACKA"
animType = "ANIM_TYPE_ATTACKB"
animType = "ANIM_TYPE_ATTACKC"
and the last one was the animation I wanted. :)

Edited by RetsReds
  • 3 months later...

Hi again. I think I have another question in the same vein - I'm thinking of playing a mounted 2H staff Magic Coup elf but the mounted 2H staff animation is horrendous - it's the same as the polearm animation and it doesn't look good. And I don't want to play staff-n-board.

So, how can I change the mounted 2H staff animation to something more adequate like that of the mounted 1H staff - a simple swing. I tried changing the Magic coup line:

animTypeSpecial = "ANIM_TYPE_RIDESM13-SPECIAL",

with several other random numbers such as RIDESM12-SPECIAL, RIDESM11-SPECIAL, RIDESM10-SPECIAL, but nothing changed.

Edit: Mm, nvm, I'm gonna go with something else.

Edited by RetsReds