Sign in to follow this  
Zettt

Sacred 2 Steam Version Getting to Work

Hey Guys

Is there a standard guide for getting the Steam version of Sacred 2 Gold to work these days? A lot of the questions are from a few years ago, and a lot of the advice on Steam is not a walkthrough guide. With Sacred 1 I could use dgVoodoo and followed the steps and everything worked.

My friend downloaded the game and is trying to get it to start up.

Would probably be Windows 10, but I can check, could be 7 or 8 too.

Z

Mm, I don't know about Win 10. I'm still on Win 7 and when I had trouble starting it up for the first time years ago I just needed to update the nvidia physx driver from here:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/physx/9_10_0513/physx-9-10-0513-driver/

Then just add the community patch and you're golden. :)

I hope that's the problem for your friend too, but I don't know about Win10. Good luck!

3 hours ago, RetsReds said:

Mm, I don't know about Win 10. I'm still on Win 7 and when I had trouble starting it up for the first time years ago I just needed to update the nvidia physx driver from here:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/physx/9_10_0513/physx-9-10-0513-driver/

Then just add the community patch and you're golden. :)

I hope that's the problem for your friend too, but I don't know about Win10. Good luck!

Does the community patch help for startup issues too?

Not to my knowledge. It does help with the "playing issues", however. :D

• Like! 1

I installed Sacred 2 from steam about a week ago and installed CMP160 directly after and it runs smoothly. The only thing I did was restarting after each step and starting Sacred 2 once before installing CMP. Is anything not working?

• Thanks! 1

On 6/29/2020 at 2:24 PM, ameaeth said:

I installed Sacred 2 from steam about a week ago and installed CMP160 directly after and it runs smoothly. The only thing I did was restarting after each step and starting Sacred 2 once before installing CMP. Is anything not working?

Seems like it's not starting up at all.

What I've found is that the game will not launch from Steam but it will launch from a shortcut to the EXE found in Sacred 2 Gold/system/sacred2.exe

This is after installing the community patch as well.

• Like! 1

You need to run the game for the first time after a clean install, and only after that do you install CM 1.60 on top of it. Steam version should run with absolutely no problems on Win 7, Win 10 can need some extra mileage.

• Thanks! 1