Coming Home To Ancaria

Why hello there!  :3

Call me BardicAnne

I was an old Sacred 2 player from ps3 back in the day, but didn't have access at the time to any communities (yup, I played the game unpatched. Yikes on a bike 😅) and didnt really understand the game fully.

My husband recently modded our old ps3 and got Sacred for me again. Its been a fun trip down memory lane, but being a more developed gamer now, and honestly just not being able to look past the console versions flaws anymore, I am looking into getting it for pc for a much better experience, but im having difficulty finding a physical copy of Sacred 2 Gold anywhere, seems its all digital now.

I apologize for asking here but Im really at my wits end. Husband will only get physical copies. Of course, if I manage to get one I very much plan on posting here more often. I still have a lot to learn after all.

• Appreciation 1

Welcome to the forum

The game company is no more. So the old copy protection can be troublesome for physical copies. Depending on language version, some of the new fan patches are just for some languages and run more stabile on digital than physical copuies. 

• Appreciation 1
1 hour ago, BardicAnne said:

Why hello there!  :3

Call me BardicAnne

I was an old Sacred 2 player from ps3 back in the day, but didn't have access at the time to any communities (yup, I played the game unpatched. Yikes on a bike 😅) and didnt really understand the game fully.

My husband recently modded our old ps3 and got Sacred for me again. Its been a fun trip down memory lane, but being a more developed gamer now, and honestly just not being able to look past the console versions flaws anymore, I am looking into getting it for pc for a much better experience, but im having difficulty finding a physical copy of Sacred 2 Gold anywhere, seems its all digital now.

I apologize for asking here but Im really at my wits end. Husband will only get physical copies. Of course, if I manage to get one I very much plan on posting here more often. I still have a lot to learn after all.

So happy to meet up Annedrea! We're always happy to say hi to fellow fans of this game.  We're about one of the last hideouts for community around, and are always yearning to meet up with new friends.  And, lol I can relate with no physical copies of the game anymore... I remember even looking at my old old copies of Sacred 2 when the game first released and just the idea of waiting for all that data to spin up into my computer...in fact even finding a cd drive... :Just_Cuz_21:

Who knows..maybe in ten years, there will be a vitamin pill with the game we can just drink with an orange juice ;)

Delighted to have you here on the boards, welcome to to the forum!

:)

gogo

Welcome aboard!

I still remember those early days with my ps3 controller in my hand and my laptop with the official forums open right beside me.

:1IK84gB:

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone!

So untill we can get the digital ver on pc, I'm continuing playing the ps3 ver and its super cool because Im now further than Ive ever been. Lvl23, just got my unique mount, and generally finally feeling like Im getting a grasp on all the mechanics.

My first ever build was a shadow warrior but that didnt end well, this time I picked seraphim since I read they are kind of the all rounder class. Im building her around Radiant Pillar and so far on silver I clear mobs pretty good!

• Like! 1
7 hours ago, BardicAnne said:

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone!

So untill we can get the digital ver on pc, I'm continuing playing the ps3 ver and its super cool because Im now further than Ive ever been. Lvl23, just got my unique mount, and generally finally feeling like Im getting a grasp on all the mechanics.

My first ever build was a shadow warrior but that didnt end well, this time I picked seraphim since I read they are kind of the all rounder class. Im building her around Radiant Pillar and so far on silver I clear mobs pretty good!

That Celestial Light has always one of my Favorited CA's in the game... signature move so to say :dance:   Someone had mentioned that it was unfortunate that the Rotating Blades of Light didnt make the cut for Sacred 2...alas

:blink:

gogo

33 minutes ago, Zodiac-Mindwarp said:

I just wanted to say that Sacred 2 is part of the Steam Summer Sale.  It's only $3.74 

I was looking for a special for her and could not find it this morning... great find on the super price!

:dance2:

gogo

Thank you for trying to be so helpful!

Something I should have clarified is, we only have internet via phone hotspot, which is not super great.

And my pc is old, it still has vista on it and my hubby said its not safe to update it till we can get a win 7 update at the least. And we simply can't afford to buy one, and its too big to fit on either of our phones, so we're kinda SOL for now 😭

Thats why buying digitial wont work for us right now, even if its dirt cheap.

Did the physical copy have securom or games for windows live or one of the other really bad drms?

Big surprise today! I get off work and the hubby says he has "acquired" the gold version of the game somehow.

I personally do not know what he meant at all but I can only assume it involved some unsavory ratio of kobolds and machine grease. 😅

So yeah, we have the game now and Im literally shouting with excitement, haha.

Bedtime now, but tomorrow I get to start my PC Sacred 2 journey! 😖

• Like! 1

Sacred 2 Gold is the "Sacred 2: Fallen Angel" game plus the "Ice and Blood" expansion and probably also the last (2.56) patch. The game and the expansion are still sold as hard copies, although hard to find, but certainly are available as digital download.

But now you got it, I do reccommend you try to download and install the Community Patch, mostly due to its bug fixing.

Yet, even if you don't, I wish you all the best with your PC Ancarian experience!

Thorin :) 

There's a Sacred Character Editor which can be useful if you want to play both the light and dark campaign with the same character at a later difficulty. It also has the ability to reassign skill and atribute points if you think you'd done something wrong, as well as reworking your combat arts.

While for some -I was one of those - it may be considered cheating to respec your points, I've also found it can be very useful to do so if you realize the buildplan you had in mind doesn't work out and you're not in the mood to start all over.

Anyway, all info as well where to download it can be found in this topic.

Hope you have fun with all of this!

Thorin :D 

3 hours ago, BardicAnne said:

Wow, this is like a whole new game now. Took yalls advice and got the community patch

Anything else you'd recommend? :)

You might want to inspect some of the character builds for the type you intend to select. One may find a lot of good advice here.

1 hour ago, Hooyaah said:

You might want to inspect some of the character builds for the type you intend to select. One may find a lot of good advice here.

Thank you very much, but I'm kinda stubborn when it comes to building characters in any game as far as finding out on my own w/o build guides (I learn and retain best this way), plus I got the character editor in case my build turns out to be absolutley pants. 😅

Much appreceate the help though!

2 hours ago, BardicAnne said:

Thank you very much, but I'm kinda stubborn when it comes to building characters in any game as far as finding out on my own w/o build guides (I learn and retain best this way), plus I got the character editor in case my build turns out to be absolutley pants. 😅

I understand how you feel. However, I prefer to look at it this way: Were I to be planning a trip to a place where I had never traveled, I would prefer to learn more about the destination so I would know what the climate, the people, the activities, the terrain, the customs, were like and I might wish to know about even some of its laws and what places were unsafe to visit. This way I would be better prepared for what I might encounter and plan and prepare accordingly. It's much the same learning about the skills and attributes of a player character and weapons, shields, and such. Being ill-prepared for a game or a trip may, and often does, yield unpleasant surprises. What you do, where you go, and how you play and what quests you accept is still your decision, just as it should be on any vacation retreat. Nevertheless, all of the choices are yours; I would never expect you to abide by my advice if you just wanted to "wing it" and go about it all in your own way. Whatever you do, I hope that you have fun. After all, isn't that what games are for?

My daughter used the interactive map on a tablet while playing. She was angry that she often just followed the quest arrows without knowing that there were portals to unlock not far away. But after 1 or 2 playthroughs you know where they are anyway.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Map_of_Ancaria

Guides, I think the main use of guides is to know what worked and get an idea what would work too and avoid mistakes mentioned in several guides.

Editor using: it really depends on the time you have to spend into the game and if a mod is in active developement. My daughter edited damage lore to trading when she noticed that an update changed items. So she bought new ones with the same character now with trading to fix it, and then edited back for playing. Using an editor is not always bad

On 7/4/2020 at 1:51 PM, BardicAnne said:

Love how you are jumping so quick into the character editor...  you'll probably be writing guides for us in no time!

:lol:

gogo

• 1 year later...

Welcome back! That's great news to hear that you now have the ability to defeat the game with a strong build. I recall when I first played (a long time ago) the disc copy that I had gave minimal help on what to do and how to play. It was especially tough, because I had never played an RPG and knew nothing about how to assign my skill points. :huh:

• Like! 1

Good to hear BardicAnne!

Just keep in mind, at some point when you are in a position to do so, I would *highly* recommend getting a Steam or GoG account and acquire a digital copy for enjoying Sacred on pc (with a personal preference for GoG because you can actually download the installation files and save them on a USB drive, so you never need to download the game again). I had so much trouble with the physical copies I would only go there if no other path would be available to me. (If it interests you: I had to update the firmware of my dvd drive of all things to install the game when it came out...)

• Like! 1
On 7/1/2022 at 6:25 AM, BardicAnne said:

Hey all!

So update, after a couple years or trial and error, poring endlessly over the wiki and a lot of messing around in the character editor to save botched characters (what a godsend) I feel like Ive finally got a handle on this enormous game and its many mechanics

I recently beat the game for the first time ever w my druid, and I have plenty of other characters coming up that are around 30-40

We also managed to procure a physical copy of the game too ❤

Anywho, just wanted to thank the lovely folks here who helped me when I was a babe in the woods.  This game is downright overwhelming when you get under the hood but yall helped a lot. 😊

I remember trying to get info for getting the game for you... Brilliant that you've got your hands on this wonderful game... Sacred has always been more than meets the eye, and this greatest community in the word has always been one of its assets.

Bravo and good seeing you back ablaze with victory

:hugs:

gogo