Windows Live Messenger Tool

bhj

yet another new v of msn :) and guess what Its also full of crap :D

you can dl it here fix the link now thx :4rofl:

and the tools to mod it here

NB! make a backup of the org .exe file before you run it

Mess Patch 8.1.0178 - Generation 5

General Options: 1.Enable Polygamy, 2.Remove Billing Information Menus ¹, 3.Enable Winamp Support For Now Playing Feature ¹, 4.Swap Now Playing Title And Artist ¹, 5.Distinguish Idle From Away Users (English Only), 6.Disable Spaces Integration In Contact Cards ¹, 7.Enable Multi-line Nicknames (English Only), 8.Add Sign-In Status In Systray Menu (English Only), 9.Remove Text Advertisement From Shared Folders Window, 10.Remove Display Pictures From Popup Toasts, 11.Hide My Sharing Folders From My Computer ¹, 12.View Full Display Pictures In Contact Cards ¹

Main Window Options: 1.Remove Windows Live Logo, 2.Remove Messenger Title, 3.Add Always On Top Button, 4.Translucent Dashboard ¹, 5.Remove Display Picture In Sign-In Window ¹, 6.Allow Status Change When Signing In ¹, 7.Remove Bottom Links In Sign-In Window ¹, 8.Remove Windows Live ID Branding ¹, 9.Switch Tabs To Right Side ¹, 10.Open Display Picture Dialog Upon DP Click ¹, 11.Remove Display Picture In Contact List, 12.Boost Personal Messages To 500 Characters, 13.Remove E-Mail Button, 14.Remove Sharing Folders Button, 15.Remove My Space Button, 16.Remove Windows Live Today Button, 17.Remove Call Button, 18.Remove Colorize Button, 19.Add Sign-Out Button In Upper Panel ¹, 20.Add Personal Settings Button In Upper Panel ¹, 21.Add CustoMess Button In Upper Panel ¹, 22.Move Add Contact Button To Upper Panel ¹, 23.Remove Add Contact Button, 24.Remove Sort Contacts Button, 25.Move Contacts Manager Bar To Bottom, 26.Remove Contacts Manager Bar, 27.Remove Yellow Infobar, 28.Remove Gleams, 29.Remove Emoticons From Contact Names, 30.Remove Emoticons From Personal Messages ¹, 31.Show Contact Status In Contact List ¹, 32.Hide Personal Messages In Contact List, 33.Disable Song Links ¹, 34.Remove Advertisement Banner, 35.Remove MSN Search Bar, 36.Remove Mobile Button

Conversation Window Options: 1.Add Always On Top Button, 2.Remove Yellow Infobar, 3.Remove Invite Button, 4.Remove Send Files Button, 5.Remove Video Button, 6.Remove Call Button, 7.Remove Activities Button, 8.Remove Games Button, 9.Remove Block Button, 10.Add Send E-Mail Button To Top Toolbar ¹, 11.Add My Received Files Button To Top Toolbar ¹, 12.Center Top Toolbar Buttons ¹, 13.Install Mess.be Custom Games, 14.Remove Webcam Icon ¹, 15.Remove Get Accessories Link, 16.Remove Sarcastic Emoticon From DP Container, 17.Open Display Picture Dialog Upon DP Click ¹, 18.Hide Display Pictures By Default, 19.Disable Nudge Protection, 20.Disable Nudge Window Shaking ¹, 21.Remove Featured Content, 22.Remove Bottom Text Advertisement, 23.Remove Advertising Space Area, 24.Remove Emoticons Button, 25.Remove Winks Button, 26.Remove Nudge Button, 27.Remove Voice Clip Button, 28.Remove Font Button, 29.Remove Colorize Button, 30.Remove Backgrounds Button, 31.Center Formatting Toolbar Buttons ¹, 32.Remove Send Button, 33.Remove Search Button, 34.Remove User Is Writing Message ¹, 35.Change Handwriting Tab Images To Text ¹

¹ = Mess Patch Original Feature

What's new in Mess Patch 8.1.0178 Generation 5?

Full-sized display pictures in contact cards (as requested by DaMoose), Remove mobile button from dashboard, Patch improvements: error message if the user is not logged in as administrator, faster page loading, splash graphic.

• 2 weeks later...

yep if I didnt have this tool (or one like it) I dont think I would have been using msn

I fix the link btw (it dl msn directly from ms)

hers how my msn looks atm (- all the names) :whistle:

mymsn.jpg

hehe thats one of the few things I like about msn :4rofl:

oooh and I never use any of the pre set options I allways go custom

• 5 weeks later...

ok ive gotten quite a few question about this tool so this is kinda a how to list :P

you can download Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0792 here

and the tools to mod it here the "how to" is still the same but I removed the links use the links here

Now make a backup of the org msnmsgr.exe file (C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger)

(just so its said modding msn like this Is done at your own risk Personaly I have never had any kind of problems doing this but still Now you know ;)

the first thing to do is to get rid of those d... tabs (Tools > Options > Tabs)

msn1.jpg

then you can fire up the tool :woot:here you have a link to the setup I use on msn

just download the file (right click "save as") to your desktop and follow the images under (or you can try out the tools on your own) :)

msn2.jpg

msn3.jpg

msn4.jpg

after doing this it should look like this... (I have hidden the names in this image) :)

mymsn.jpg

hope this helped :)

Very nice tutorial bhj. There's waay too many options in msn so it's nice to cut away all the extra mess.

You dah msn mastah! :)

• 6 months later...

Vista Live Messenger 8.1 Skin

msnt.jpg

another nice little thing to get msn to look a bit nicer :(

download the file here

(the password is: stianu89willz)

first exit your msn (right click and select exit)

then goto C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger

and rename msgsres.dll to fork msgsres.dll.org (dont forget this as this is your backup of the org setup)

then copy in the msgsres.dll file inside the .zip file

startup msn again :hugs:

thx Stian :sick:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

live_logo.jpg

Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1302.1018 is the one most are using atm And naturally it can (and should) still be tweaked a bit :D

In my opinion one of the best things about using a patch prog like this is that you can get ride of the ads

Theres more and more malicious "stuff" entering your pc (or trying to do so) through ads and MS has disclaimed all responsibility in regard to things like this via the service agreement So why have there ads there then ? 2cent.gif

Here you have the link to download MSN directly from microsoft

>> Download Windows Live Installer (English) <<

wlm85final-version.png

Mess Patch ( from mess.be )

Customizing the look and feel:

Move buttons and bars around the interface.

Place shortcuts to Messenger functions on window toolbars.

Show all display picture thumbnails on the contact list.

Removing bloat:

Advertisments.

Paid content.

Unwanted buttons.

Bypassing Messenger's limitations:

Run several instances of Messenger simultaneously.

Send unlimited nudges with no time separation.

Manage your tabs through TabServe.

Expand status message options (including Winamp support).

And many, many more!

What's new in Mess Patch 8.5.1302.1018 Generation 5?

- Removed 'Add CustoMess Button to Upper Panel' option

- Fixed 'Disable All Spaces Integration' option

Mess Patch works on all versions of Windows 9x/XP/2000/Vista, and runs smoothly with Messenger addons such as Messenger Plus! and StuffPlug. Available in over 15 languages, Mess Patch can also speak your language. If you think that's too good to be true, you can even enjoy all these benefits for absolutely no charge, no bundled spyware, adware, or any other crapware.

The mess patch can be downloaded here (240KB)

People actually use Messenger:)! :D

Why?.....when it is known to allow trojans onto your pc!

Is it really that necessary to know when someone you know are online?

stubbs

I use MSN all the time I don't use the real MSN it's bad, go with a third party they give you old cut features and they have add-ons and everything, plus no trojans (or aslong as I know) here are some that I use aMSN MSN Plus and Mercury Messenger. And if you aren't running windows and your using MSN use a third party and get all the features, I am on mac and the mac version give you absolutely no features so I had to go with a third party ツ

I love my msn :) Only one time did a virus attempt to come through, but I was chatting away with the person at the time so questioned it right away and never clicked on it. Its oh so nice to stay connected with everyone instead of hoping to cross paths in the many many places we all frequent.

• 2 weeks later...