Cursed Forest chain quest

So I was going through the Wiki page of the Cursed Forest chain quest (hello Abishai) and I was wondering about the warning on the bottom of the page which states that completing the quest corrupts a save game and that you need to change the difficulty level to avoid that. My question is if this is still true with CM 1.60 and/or any of the current mods available (EE, D2F, Addendum).

Does anyone know?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2020 at 7:25 PM, Androdion said:

So I was going through the Wiki page of the Cursed Forest chain quest (hello Abishai) and I was wondering about the warning on the bottom of the page which states that completing the quest corrupts a save game and that you need to change the difficulty level to avoid that. My question is if this is still true with CM 1.60 and/or any of the current mods available (EE, D2F, Addendum).

Does anyone know?

I have finished the Cursed Forest chain quest four times after my return to Sacred 2 (March 2020) so far and I had no problem playing the game afterwards. I completed it on Silver, Gold and Platinum as well and everything went fine. 

I only have CM 1.60 installed without anymore patches and as I said, it worked just fine for me. 

EDIT: Sorry for the late reply, I ain't been active so far in the last time since I had a busy schedule, I hope I still helped you somehow :D 

Edited by RavenLight
  • Appreciation 1
8 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Thanks for replying. :) I also finished it on the previous difficulty level and haven't noticed anything weird so far, I guess that warning could be a remnant from the past.

Yeah, pretty much CM patch fixed it.

One question I have. I see you mentioned some mods in the post, EE, D2F and Addendum. EE is Enhanced Edition but what are the other two? Asking because I might give them a try

I've never seen any kind of issue from that quest.  I've also never played the expansion areas without at least having CM 1.30+ though.

1 hour ago, Androdion said:

Should I remove that line from the Wiki then?

I'm the one who added that note. Personally, I completed the chain a few times and never had any problems. The note was added based on unsubstantiated reports. I thought it better to err on the side of caution. I have no objection to removing that note.

• Respect! 1
14 hours ago, Androdion said:

Diablo 2 Fallen, the Diablo mod I've been playing lately made by Flix. The Addendum is Dmitriy's own mod which brings a different view into the game.

Thanks for the reply! :D