my 9800 pro is sick :(

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

hey guys

When I turn my comp on the wee littdul fan on the card makes huge noises, then I start ta hear a chugging noise and then it starts ta hiccup, then the noise stops.

Then...the comp locks up.

Er...anyone else here ever had this problem

Do you think it's maybe the fan on the card all clogged up or soemthing?

Can I SHOULD I take it out and clean it?

Suggestions?

:)

gogo

Well GoGo I had enough dust in mine recently that it finally blew the internal power supply...so maybe before you get to that point I'd take it to the friendly pc shop. When I took mine I had already scooped out as much dust as I could and asked the nice man(they fixed up there n then=nice in my book) if that could have caused it....he grinned and said 'well it certainly didn't help it'. So maybe a trip to the shop would help. Not sure about doing it yourself...I wouldn't but thats because I tend to have a knack of things I take apart breaking!

Guest gogoblender

wel...just took it in down to the corner shop

and the really cool guy there Michael who also runs the Gamers Workshop part of the store (wow, it's so cool d and d figurines...woot!) said that the fan that I showed him is called a sleeveless fan and that those are usually only good fer about one year.

So...I'm off to try and get the fan fixed...or...maybe crunchi can help? ;)

heh, once thats done it's a good cleaning for the whole inside...lol, michael also said taht just turning a vacuum cleaner inside out so that it blows out is good enough. And...MUCH cheaper than those cans of canned air. The big comp is slowly gettin better me thinks....thank god

heh,I just can't stand ta use the keyboard on this laptop...it's soooooo slow

:)

gogo