Goodbye Cruel Golden Arches

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

This is the last time.

Ever

I promise

But even though I keep saying it and going back this time it's for real.

I've been served raw Chicken Mcnuggets twice now by Mcd's. Once the quivering pink flesh inside the nugget was jiggling so much I almost retched.

And...this time...the last time...it was a burger.

I was there just ready to jet for a movie and decided to grab a quickie on the way to the films when hunger over took me.

Ordered the burger.

And...

it tasted funny

felt funny

...CHEWED...funny

twas red, raw and bleeding

was almost alive and the grisly tendon I had taken a bite out of was still attached between teeth and burger as a reflection of it's non-cookedness.

My quick return trip to the Mcd's Counter evinced nothing but a bored look from the pre-teen, acned'd manager listening with head asway to his headphones as he, without even a comment, went to the back of of teh kictchen and just non chalantly threw another burger on to the grill.

"hello?"

no answer...he's in the back grilling you see

"hello!"

he comes back around the counter...

"yes"

*cough*

*cough,* " I don't think I want another burger sir"

"huh"

"yes I don't think I want another burger sir and, I don't know how well I'm feeling either"

*almost coughretchspew*

"oh. Well. a free burger's the most I can give. Take it or leave it"

Of course, the viscous tendril of raw meat is still perhaps swaying from my lower lip where I, in a haze of horror, was too ascared to pluck it off my lips

I walk away.

Never to return.

Good bye Golden Arches

I forswear off thee forever.

May your raw meat rot in hell

:D

gogo

p.s. Angry gogo :)

OMG

I am cooking dinner whilst reading this post...we no not at the same time ofc but popping back from checking on it and GoGo OMG :D

I would have been half tempted to pull that snotty little **** over the counter and McFillet him!

:)

Come over for some real food! That is truely horrific!

Death to that evil clown and his minions of Salmonella! ;):Just_Cuz_12::Just_Cuz_12:

Even the mention of the Mc gets a glare in my house...this just reinforces why

Damn GoGo...how bloody awful! :)

GoGo . . . first, you should know better than to eat at McD's . . . or pretty much any fast food establishment. But, seeing as we are past that :P, you should contact McD's directly, preferably with a hand-written note (if your writing is legible) -- otherwise typed. Tell them about your experiences and sound disappointed and not simply piffed. Give them details -- what, where, when -- including the "manager's" response, and how this made you feel about eatting at McDs in the future. If you are/were a frequenter of McDs, let them know that too. Might as well take advantage of the opportunity. :whistle:

It would all point to the quality of training McD is giving their employees. But considering that I used to be an assistant store manager of McD's rival here in the Phillippines I'm very surprised that the manager concerned reacted that way. That reaction and his statement of take it or leave it is just the worst thing that a fast food manager can do. I agree with Ike's suggestion but to give some more teeth throw the question on the quality of training they are giving as McD prides itself with having the best training (quality assurance included) in the fast food industry.

Aaarrgh !! That's just nasty ! :P

I've always been a big fan of McDs but that also came to a grinding halt with my last sausage and egg Mcmuffin.... That egg one of the worst chewing gum I've ever had ! The coke was even worse ! What do flush down a nasty burger with ? I've also pledged to never have McDonalds again ! :whistle:

Guest gogoblender

Thanks guys fer the support

I actually used the listing you gave me Ike to reach and leave a message for the dude in my area from head office about what happenned. Funny thing is I wasn't gonna do anything just cuz I was gonna let it pass. But another friend form another forum said the same thing that Jun said...that Mcd's takes their training seriously and they would want to know about a manager who acted this way. And that in fact if I didn't report this incident it could happen again and maybe the next time someone won't be so lucky.

In fact...it was my obligation.

*twinkle*

Anyway, the dialogue has started and I shall keep you all informed.

ugh...free burgers as a buy out from mcd's?

lol

Who's hungry

:o

gogo

p.s. scleameth..ewww...rubber mcmuffin..ewww...

Thanks guys fer the support

I actually used the listing you gave me Ike to reach and leave a message for the dude in my area from head office about what happenned. Funny thing is I wasn't gonna do anything just cuz I was gonna let it pass. But another friend form another forum said the same thing that Jun said...that Mcd's takes their training seriously and they would want to know about a manager who acted this way. And that in fact if I didn't report this incident it could happen again and maybe the next time someone won't be so lucky.

In fact...it was my obligation.

*twinkle*

Anyway, the dialogue has started and I shall keep you all informed.

ugh...free burgers as a buy out from mcd's?

lol

Who's hungry

:4rofl:

gogo

p.s. scleameth..ewww...rubber mcmuffin..ewww...

Ah what an adventure- (just in case you are wondering I quoted you, gogo, is because I want the free burger :4rofl: - I am just gonna reheat it myself....anyways- it sucks that you had to undergo such atrocious treatment.

Just remember: to them- you are just another irrate customer who thinks they are in a 5 star restaurant- which mcdo is not (since it's a mass production resto). Anyways- to them you mean nothing- your letter, if sent, will not only go unnoticed, it will never get delivered unless you had significant proof such as videos and then post it on youtube - only then you will make tons of ennemies from the mcworld, and tons of friends from people who detest the clowns. I am in the middle- I like to go there when I really really REALLY feel like getting a chicken sandwhich or someice cream, or some breakfast.. YUM! (it only happens once in a blue moon)

Good luck on your quest of complaint. Mcdo owners give 1 million to buy the outlet, and it is garanteed from its headoffice to regain it back and to get profit. Not to sound pessimistic, if you get them to admit they are wrong I give you a high five!

ot:bounce:

Edited by OuttaTown

I don't know but I think prince charles ban on mcdonalds has more to with social promotion and about his organic agriculture at his ..."highgrove estate" - especially with all the madcow, birdflu disease- mcdonalds beef is never 100% beef (it's the brand name called 100% beef)... Anyways, he might be trying to reassure/promote the public about the healthy agriculture in UK- and looking to get the arab to buy uk produce..what do you think?

I hardly think that prince charles was complaining about the bad customer service, or the correlation between raw meat and obesity.

hk..

P.S. did you know that I eat my beef sometimes medium raw with the fresh red liquid metal (iron)

Edited by hkboi20

Hey hkboi20 are you really sure that McD in the United States act that way because here in the Philippines it is quite different. As long as you don't try to extort the company there is a very big probability that you will be heard because even the tiniest complaint has a way of being magnified out of proportion here. If I remember correctly the reason why McD now has a warning in their coffee cups that the drink is hot is because of an incident were a drive thru customer ordered coffee and got scalded because the cup spilled on his lap. The customer sued McD and would you believe s/he won. I don't know how much s/he won but personally I think that is plain stupid because you don't expect coffee to be cold unless you specifically ordered for it say in Seattle's Best or Starbucks.

yup cyclops- the franchisees are garanteeed by head office to regain the 1 million dollar. the head office will even help the franchisee to relocate the business if ruined. not only US, but also in Canada. :) (I know that cause I studied commerce in post-sec)

In Europe, the customer service is even worse- cost is pricier due to import of the name- (I know that because I was a victim of poor customer service in France)

Do youknow how many people are on a waiting list to be "chosen" to be the next mcdonald franchise owner :unsure: (I know that because I have talked to some mcd's owners)

ot

P.S The coffee story (I got that from business law class....) It was actually an elderly woman who tried to open a styrofoam and spilled some coffee "unreasonably" hot- enuff to cause severe burns. The womansuffered severe burn and was hospitalized....But then no one really knoswhat's the settlement results.

Gogo didn't suffer any health/physical problems. Probably, a hurt in his pride. ;)

In fact, what he should do is really complain to the health inspector about the restaurant's food problem. health inspectors in quebec have the authority to penalize restos/groceries stores (for dirtiness) as well as closing the resto should it disregards the warnings. They will measure temperature, food storage area etc.

There was a case few years back in montreal about a mcdonald employee nearly successful to get all the employees unionized. However, the owner decided to close the resto- I do not know whether they relocated elsewhere :bye:

Edited by OuttaTown

RE: Coffee too Hot - McDonalds (at least used to) serve their coffee unreasonably hot (as in 170+ degrees F), so that they would not have to make it fresh but could leave it sitting for a longer period of time. At that temperature it will give you severe burns and is really way too hot to drink. They continued this process despite numerous complaints and burn incidents. The woman was award a large sum ($ millions) in punative damages -- meant to punish the defendant for extreme conduct and/or knowing continued abuse.

In my early biker days I was actually refused service at a fast food chain for wearing my colors ( our club patch) maybe someone was looking out for me ? *lol* :)

In my early biker days I was actually refused service at a fast food chain for wearing my colors ( our club patch) maybe someone was looking out for me ? *lol* :P

LOL they certainly were! funny though...they can sell poisonous crap yet won't serve a biker...lol they were probably afraid you might make em a new drive through once you chomped down on raw green stuff! :tongue:

In my early biker days I was actually refused service at a fast food chain for wearing my colors ( our club patch) maybe someone was looking out for me ? *lol* :P

Actually it's a good thing they refused you service. just a few weeks ago (at mcd's) someone wore red and was mistook for being part of a rival gang member. he was instantly shot down. now if I can find a link to the story about it....Ah well I can't find it... and wasted about 10 minutes of my time. Anyways, I am glad that you were refused service..cause "touch wood" some tragedy might happen ...there too...

:tongue: ot

Edited by OuttaTown
Guest gogoblender

It's funny...I just did a whole lot of reading about that lady who sued fer a ton of money. And while I had heard told story about how it's ridiculous how someone was silly enough to get money fer spilled coffee, when you go over ALL of the sides of the case it seems like more to there than before...as is usual.

:tongue:

gogo

This was in the early70's ( remember I am the oldest know ogame player *lol*) hkboi20 and guns weren't as prevailing then. We just fought each other and bombed club houses Ahhh so civilized *lol* But we had happy stomachs unlike gogoblender :devil:

So what club were you in Hell's Angel's? Mongols? Bandidos? Boozefighter? Outlaws? Warlocks? Pagans? or a more local less famous one?

h054.gif

~Doom

So what club were you in Hell's Angel's? Mongols? Bandidos? Boozefighter? Outlaws? Warlocks? Pagans? or a more local less famous one?

h054.gif

~Doom

I answered TimOfDoom in pm to that question For you others,yes it was one of those clubs mention and I was a charter member. But sometimes even in the cyber world you have to be carefull :rolleyes:

Oh and I carry in my wallet club cards for two of the clubs also mentioned

Edited by Borg