Nameless Guardians farming (HOW TO?)

Greetings everyone! As the title says, I'm asking you (a noob question, I know) how to farm the Nameless Guardians for some legendary drops. 

Since in single player campaign you can't respawn the quest bosses, it can be done via multiplayer, but how exactly?

I've always played this game the normal way, doing quests and stuff, but now I am eager to farm some legendaries on the Guardians. 

Any response or explanation will be more than welcome!

• Like! 1
8 hours ago, Androdion said:

Go to Multiplayer and start a LAN session in Free Play mode. It's a good idea to have that last monolith activated since you need to teleport there in order to head to the Guardians' chamber. After that it's just rinse and repeat.

Thank you! Will surely go for some runs then :D

There was a HUGE massive thread done by 7levin when the game came out with lots of great informative adventurous posts ... at work now but will see if i can track it down...would be great to resurface for this thread

:)

gogo

• Like! 1
52 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Ahhh, here we go!

The Secrets of getting legendaries in Sacred 2 ... from his posts I remember a whole bunch of us getting  Legendary fever and I got addicted to running for these things for months 

:crazy:

gogo

Thanks for the post, gogo! I did like 30 runs at the Guardians by bow and unfortunately no legendaries yet. Only a bunch of uniques and sets, but some uniques are super strong. The best one I got is a unique level 120 shuriken with %lifeleech and 3 sockets, don't exactly remember the name, but my level 107 Dryad will be more than happy with it. Will check the post you recommended later on after finishing some work I got to do :D

Poison Star perhaps. That one has a good drop chance.

Bear in mind that legendaries don't just drop, they're really really stubborn. But eventually you get to get one here one there. What difficulty are you running though? Anything less than Gold is a bust, and I'd recommend at least Platinum.

Every boss has a drop list. He can only drop items from this list. Since several mods edited the drop lists this is all information I can give without knowing the mod -if any- you play.

All 4 guardians share the same drop list afaik.

My normal runs were: Poison Lord, and Wild Boar and the White Gryphon. They are also quite nice because of many beasts around giving experience.

I remember a discussion from old original German sacred2 forum that kill speed is a factor in drop quality too.

Ah, those old topics have a lot of juice indeed. But I guess that the game had so much content introduced over the years via CM Patch that so much of that knowledge is kind of lost.

I remember playing with CM 1.50 and getting Kaldur drops, ever since I've been playing with 1.60 that particular one never dropped again. Same could be said for so many other items. Tinwora's and so many others.

So my guess is that there's so much going on in the code that after all these years there's no way of telling what exactly will drop and where. Lady luck and perseverance. :)

3 hours ago, Androdion said:

Bear in mind that legendaries don't just drop, they're really really stubborn. But eventually you get to get one here one there. What difficulty are you running though? Anything less than Gold is a bust, and I'd recommend at least Platinum.

I'm on Platinum at the moment with a level 107 Dryad. I just lost a 93% SB Seraphim to the Mutated Dragon and decided to move all my items to Dryad. With her I almost have EP mastered but I decided to do some main campaign and 3+ stars side quests for some levels in case good items drops when I'll farm the Guardians.

58 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Ah, those old topics have a lot of juice indeed. But I guess that the game had so much content introduced over the years via CM Patch that so much of that knowledge is kind of lost.

I remember playing with CM 1.50 and getting Kaldur drops, ever since I've been playing with 1.60 that particular one never dropped again. Same could be said for so many other items. Tinwora's and so many others.

So my guess is that there's so much going on in the code that after all these years there's no way of telling what exactly will drop and where. Lady luck and perseverance. :)

Ah, good old Tinwora. When I decided to give up farming and play the main campaign, at the last run it dropped it. It took me around 40 runs at the Guardians for it (about 200 Guardians and eggs killed). :D note that I have 110 in EP but not mastered yet (I still need 15 raw points in it to master)

3 hours ago, Androdion said:

Actually no, Poison Star doesn't have a %Lifeleech modifier. It actually was a Star of Astaroth, I checked it now :D 

2 hours ago, RavenLight said:

Actually no, Poison Star doesn't have a %Lifeleech modifier. It actually was a Star of Astaroth, I checked it now :D 

My bad! Star of Astaroth is pretty cool though, and it's useful for the Egg as well.

I miss Kaldur's Legacy and other stuff that would drop more often before. I think legendaries themselves used to drop more often before CM Patch, I mean most of those topics are as old as the first iterations of the patch or around that time. This isn't a complaint though. More is more in this case, though some stuff which was a staple before seems to have been lost in translation.

20 minutes ago, Androdion said:

My bad! Star of Astaroth is pretty cool though, and it's useful for the Egg as well.

I miss Kaldur's Legacy and other stuff that would drop more often before. I think legendaries themselves used to drop more often before CM Patch, I mean most of those topics are as old as the first iterations of the patch or around that time. This isn't a complaint though. More is more in this case, though some stuff which was a staple before seems to have been lost in translation.

I believe it all comes to luck (along with find valuables modifiers). Today I managed to test 2 different toons. Both level 100-ish, a level 108 Dryad and an old level 105 Seraphim (that I actually lost since I died lol, but it was worth it in the end). Seraphim without any general skills and Dryad with 108 points in Perception. Both 10 runs at the Guardians (50 bosses in total with the egg). The Dryad was raining sets and uniques (got a Star of Astaroth as I said along with a piece from the Mormorin Mutation set) while the Seraphim only got a few set relics and some all-class sets and uniques. That being said, my theory is that your map explored, survival bonus and find valuables modifiers actually have a HUGE impact, rather than minor that some players believes for the legendary drops (got my first one today after only 100-120 guardians killed with 65% map explored, 90% SB and around 100% find valuables).

I think it was Dmitriy that said something about that, that code wise more of those partial modifiers give an altogether better chance for drops. Explored map is one of the easiest ways to get better drop quality, without resorting to General Skills. But yeah, once you run a toon with EP you'll notice just how much more uniques and sets you have in the same amount of runs. That's why when you choose to use that skill you should make it a primary choice for mastery.

Hunting high tier stuff without EP is a shot in the dark, but even with EP mastered you'll still get kind of the same results in terms of which drops you have. The big difference is the quantity versus number of runs you need. But it's not like you master EP and legendaries start to rain down. It's trickier than that, but alas that's not new. :D Anyway, if you can make Guardian runs with a toon running EP then you should, as the drop quality is much better.

PS: I may be repeating or contradicting myself slightly here, sorry but my eyes are too tired at this time of day. I hope my post makes sense.

13 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Ahhh, here we go!

The Secrets of getting legendaries in Sacred 2 ... from his posts I remember a whole bunch of us getting  Legendary fever and I got addicted to running for these things for months 

:crazy:

gogo

Whoops...that post link was broken...fixed1

• Thanks! 1

If  you have a fast killing character with alchemy, use cloverleaf trophies before fighting guardians and egg. Whenever you find one with a character without alchemy, put it in the shared chest, its such a big effect...

Even my 'guides' seem the only ones using it...    Alchemy rules!!!

And this is not only because of one of the best music albums ever made.

Below a 'Fourleaf Clover Charm' in Hell diff. It's just one hard point and using 'Chattius' Alchemy boost suit' which I just use when quaffing potions or using charms. A weapon slot which boosts alchemy and potion duration.

Kleeblatt.jpg

29 minutes ago, chattius said:

If  you have a fast killing character with alchemy, use cloverleaf trophies before fighting guardians and egg. Whenever you find one with a character without alchemy, put it in the shared chest, its such a big effect...

Even my 'guides' seem the only ones using it...    Alchemy rules!!!

And this is not only because of one of the best music albums ever made.

Below a 'Fourleaf Clover Charm' in Hell diff. It's just one hard point and using 'Chattius' Alchemy boost suit' which I just use when quaffing potions or using charms. A weapon slot which boosts alchemy and potion duration.

Kleeblatt.jpg

I don't have an alchemy character yet. I may indeed try one on another Dryad since it kills faster than anyone in my opinion. Also, what enemies drops the four leaf clover trophy? I ain't paid much attention to trophies since I didn't use Alchemy yet. I may go farm some of those to fill up the shared stash for the future characters. 

Edited by RavenLight
6 hours ago, Androdion said:

I think it was Dmitriy that said something about that, that code wise more of those partial modifiers give an altogether better chance for drops. Explored map is one of the easiest ways to get better drop quality, without resorting to General Skills. But yeah, once you run a toon with EP you'll notice just how much more uniques and sets you have in the same amount of runs. That's why when you choose to use that skill you should make it a primary choice for mastery.

Hunting high tier stuff without EP is a shot in the dark, but even with EP mastered you'll still get kind of the same results in terms of which drops you have. The big difference is the quantity versus number of runs you need. But it's not like you master EP and legendaries start to rain down. It's trickier than that, but alas that's not new. :D Anyway, if you can make Guardian runs with a toon running EP then you should, as the drop quality is much better.

PS: I may be repeating or contradicting myself slightly here, sorry but my eyes are too tired at this time of day. I hope my post makes sense.

It makes sense, it's well written :D Personally, the best way to gain valuables for a non EP toon is by doing 4+ star quests, that's how I completed some of my Seraphim sets. But outside of these quests I only got an all class unique jewel from time to time and nothing else. For my EP Dryad the items drops frequently, even from some random Kobolds, I even got a lot of Dryad specific uniques such as Death Pipe (3 times), Aura of Death (2 times), Shaman's Mask (2 times), some unique Dryad boots that I forgot their name (4 times lol), along with some unique all-class ranged weapons that are actually very good such as Poison Star (3 times), Star of Astaroth (1 time), Dragonbone Swiftbow (4 times), Bull's Eye (2 times) and Molotov Cocktail (1 time). All these only on Gold difficulty. I just started Platinum and I noticed another increase in the drop frequently. I only left the starting island and reached Sloeford and I already got 2 uniques (a ring and an amulet) and a piece from the Detheya set. I start to find EP and even Bargaining a valuable skill that has to be added in most of our builds since you'll eventually have a very strong gear.

44 minutes ago, RavenLight said:

I don't have an alchemy character yet. I may indeed try one on another Dryad since it kills faster than anyone in my opinion. Also, what enemies drops the four leaf clover trophy? I ain't paid much attention to trophies since I didn't use Alchemy yet. I may go farm some of those to fill up the shared stash for the future characters. 

A voodoo dryad was one of our fastest killers. Just two spells each cast once were enough to kill a boss: Curse and Disease. Even faster when using x% life leech attacks to speed up the trigger point for disease. A short video was in the Waffenmeisterin guide with just the two spells used.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/uploads/monthly_2019_09/kommodo.m4v.9adc6927e06b5171c21e88afecddf8f4.m4v

The FourLeafClover is only for Mods using CM-Patch 1.40 or higher. I normally don't do trophy/charm hunts, don't know anymore if the clover has certain enemytypes.

40 minutes ago, chattius said:

A voodoo dryad was one of our fastest killers. Just two spells each cast once were enough to kill a boss: Curse and Disease. Even faster when using x% life leech attacks to speed up the trigger point for disease. A short video was in the Waffenmeisterin guide with just the two spells used.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/uploads/monthly_2019_09/kommodo.m4v.9adc6927e06b5171c21e88afecddf8f4.m4v 969.7 kB · 0 downloads

The FourLeafClover is only for Mods using CM-Patch 1.40 or higher. I normally don't do trophy/charm hunts, don't know anymore if the clover has certain enemytypes.

I do have the CM-Patch 1.60 but I don't remember exactly if I got a clover drop yet :D Also, that Voodoo Dryad you showed above is awesome, now I beg my old Voodoo Dryad I had some time ago didn't became so squishy at Niobium and the damage I was doing was so low lol :D Seems like you learn something new everyday

47 minutes ago, RavenLight said:

I do have the CM-Patch 1.60 but I don't remember exactly if I got a clover drop yet :D Also, that Voodoo Dryad you showed above is awesome, now I beg my old Voodoo Dryad I had some time ago didn't became so squishy at Niobium and the damage I was doing was so low lol :D Seems like you learn something new everyday

The idea is quite simple: take a rock solid 9skill dryad build and add voodoo focus.

Before nerf disease was the ultimate big area mass killer. After the nerf making it much weaker only few people were still trying it and using it as a boss killer at high levels. Boss killing modification of Disease has x% damage ticks which appear after the enemy is below a certain threshold. The x in x% life leech gets better and better the better your ca-level is.

So take a 9kill build and add vodoo focus at level 65. Try to have it mastered when entering niobium.

54 minutes ago, chattius said:

The idea is quite simple: take a rock solid 9skill dryad build and add voodoo focus.

Before nerf disease was the ultimate big area mass killer. After the nerf making it much weaker only few people were still trying it and using it as a boss killer at high levels. Boss killing modification of Disease has x% damage ticks which appear after the enemy is below a certain threshold. The x in x% life leech gets better and better the better your ca-level is.

So take a 9kill build and add vodoo focus at level 65. Try to have it mastered when entering niobium.

Thanks for the info! Your idea sounds good and the flexibility in the build makes it even better :D