Dual wielding and specific weapon skills bonus

Hi all,

This is my first post on your site and first of all I want to thank you for creating a point of contact for people who love this game so much as I do. Having said that, I have a doubt regarding the bonus calculation I would like to address here.

Reading through dual wielding skill here http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Dual_wield#:~:text=español • français-,Dual wield,effects from other weapon skills.

I can see this being said ( and I quote ) :

"Dual Wield does not stack with Sword Weapons or Hafted Weapons. Example: Let's say you have picked dual wield and sword lore skills and you're using two weapons in one slot. In that case, your sword lore skill will only apply to any attribute marked as "Modifier: Sword lore" on any weapon you find. It will not improve the attack speed or the attack value any further."

Should I understand from the above that having both Dual wield and ( for instance ) Sword Weapons as  bonus makes no sense in a character?

In my game I am playing as an Inquisitor. I have Dual Wield already but I am hesitant to get any weapon skill because of this.

Thanks in advance!

• Appreciation 1

It depends on how much you depend on modifiers associated with the available weapon lore skills, as there are specific modifiers that will only scale and/or be unlocked if you have them. Dual Wield is a generic "use any weapon you'd like" kind of skill, that allows you to use double weapons without a dedicated weapon lore skill. But, and here's the main point of your question, each and any modifier that is associated with a specific weapon lore skill won't be unlocked by Dual Wield, just by the appropriate skill itself.

A practical example would be a pole arm with a chance to hit additional opponents, a modifier which scales with the Pole Arms skill. Hafted Weapons skill allows you to unlock chance to stun, Sword Weapons usually unlocks attack speed bonuses, but can also unlock chance to cause (deep/mortal) wounds, and so on. Each specific weapon type has bonuses based on its lore skill that won't be unlocked in any other way, so it's perfectly valid to use both Dual Wield and a dedicated weapon lore skill. It just depends on your end game.

• Thanks! 1
3 hours ago, Androdion said:

It depends on how much you depend on modifiers associated with the available weapon lore skills, as there are specific modifiers that will only scale and/or be unlocked if you have them. Dual Wield is a generic "use any weapon you'd like" kind of skill, that allows you to use double weapons without a dedicated weapon lore skill. But, and here's the main point of your question, each and any modifier that is associated with a specific weapon lore skill won't be unlocked by Dual Wield, just by the appropriate skill itself.

A practical example would be a pole arm with a chance to hit additional opponents, a modifier which scales with the Pole Arms skill. Hafted Weapons skill allows you to unlock chance to stun, Sword Weapons usually unlocks attack speed bonuses, but can also unlock chance to cause (deep/mortal) wounds, and so on. Each specific weapon type has bonuses based on its lore skill that won't be unlocked in any other way, so it's perfectly valid to use both Dual Wield and a dedicated weapon lore skill. It just depends on your end game.

Thanks. Thats clarifying. 

Welcome to the forum

In the unmodified game an overpowered option was dual wield and staff lore. Staff lore allowed shooting with the staff and in case of the dryad and inquisitor this meant that certain weapon attacks hit all in 360/180 degree around the character. With dual wield you could use a weapon with x% life leech in the off hand and you were life leeching from everything hit.

Nerfed with new CP-patch. But there are still some nice possibilities, but not as overpowered.

On 7/19/2020 at 5:11 PM, soymatiasbarrios said:

Hi all,

This is my first post on your site and first of all I want to thank you for creating a point of contact for people who love this game so much as I do. Having said that, I have a doubt regarding the bonus calculation I would like to address here.

Thanks in advance!

Hi soymatiasbarrios

I'm sorry I missed your first post here... I'm usually able to keep on with new members because of their intro thread in intro section

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/forum/63-darkmatters-introductions/

but I see yours here actually in your first question... Bravo for coming here and posting... everyone's questions and interest in this game keep Sacred alive!

And also very happy to see you've met up with members already who've given some great info for your questions. 

Welcome to DarkMatters!

• Thanks! 1
44 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Hi soymatiasbarrios

I'm sorry I missed your first post here... I'm usually able to keep on with new members because of their intro thread in intro section

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/forum/63-darkmatters-introductions/

but I see yours here actually in your first question... Bravo for coming here and posting... everyone's questions and interest in this game keep Sacred alive!

And also very happy to see you've met up with members already who've given some great info for your questions. 

Welcome to DarkMatters!

Thanks so much for this warm welcome. I am very happy to have found this site and keep this awesome and underated game alive.