Step up fer yer Internet Speed Test

Guest gogoblender

Nice! Out of interest, what did you do?

Nothing really speacial. I have McAfee Security on our gaming computer. Mcafee has an extra addon named Quickclean.

More information can be found here about this tool: QUICKCLEAN

Apparently your internet connection & speed are based off of many factors. I honestly had no idea until reading this thread.

After cleaning the registry & getting the better score. I have to wonder what else can be done to optimize our internet speed?

Share please!

I remain, :)

EDIT: by chance came across this on the same website we find the SpeedTest.

25024661.png

Edited by Etherian
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my speed that I posted in Oct 2009 and has remained pretty much the same till now. It was a 60gig per month cable service.

601851630.png

I recently rang up my provider and told them I wanted a better deal or I would go elsewhere

(in all truth I wasn't really.....that sort of speed is pretty good in Australia and I was happy with the service. I was just curious to see what they would say).

Well they actually got a bit worried that they might lose a good customer and they offered me a 120gig service with an increase in speed and the best part is that it's $15 a month cheaper. :sigh:

The result is below.

975352939.png

My current plan has almost everything doubled......... download/upload/gig amount, and it's cheaper!

Sometimes it pays to be assertive..... even if you are just bluffing :viking:

Edited by stubbie
This was my speed that I posted in Oct 2009 and has remained pretty much the same till now. It was a 60gig per month cable service.

601851630.png

I recently rang up my provider and told them I wanted a better deal or I would go elsewhere

(in all truth I wasn't really.....that sort of speed is pretty good in Australia and I was happy with the service. I was just curious to see what they would say).

Well they actually got a bit worried that they might lose a good customer and they offered me a 120gig service with an increase in speed and the best part is that it's $15 a month cheaper. :)

The result is below.

975352939.png

My current plan has almost everything doubled......... download/upload/gig amount, and it's cheaper!

Sometimes it pays to be assertive..... even if you are just bluffing ;)

Good for you Stubbie!

I love hearing about these victories against the status quo. We've had to fight our share of battles to end up with what we think is fair value for our hosting. I'd heard that many other places in the world don't have unlimited like we do here in Montreal. It's such a godsend to have, even if we don't go over more thank about 200 gigs a month...just believing that the net is something like oxygen or water, a resource which I'm not overly charged for yet gives me a wonderful sense worth with the pricing.

I'm so happy you have gotten a great deal after this negotiating.

Great to hear!

;)

gogo

• 10 months later...

... 71 megs?

:o

How long does it take to download a movie?

:twitch:

gogo

Not long at all actually. I ran the speed test during the day, so I was sharing the connection with 8 other people in the lab.

Last night, I downloaded a 182 MB video file in a few seconds (I think the download window lagged on recognizing that the download was over).

My net at home is botched though. I don't know if it's my router or my ISP.

Going to look into Bell's Fiber Optics though...so I might be able to get something comparable at home.

• 3 weeks later...

911405669.png

This was what mine was up till today. Must've been one of the better days when I made that test, as it's been generally much, much, much worse. Unbearable almost all time.

1480930127.png

And this is what I'm having right now. Pales in comparison with quite many on this thread, but is quite enough for me. And hopefully, no more disconnections, got my share of those with wireless...

Edited by Stormwing
  • 8 months later...

I recently had my internet plan upgraded at no cost because I am a big user and long time customer.

I was getting approx 20Mps download speed before.

Now check it out! :whistle:

1992673504.png

Too bad it doesn't help improve the lag I get to the US D3 servers. :dry:

I recently had my internet plan upgraded at no cost because I am a big user and long time customer.

I was getting approx 20Mps download speed before.

Now check it out! :whistle:

1992673504.png

Too bad it doesn't help improve the lag I get to the US D3 servers. :dry:

This is just crazy fast speed stubbie!

1994447540.png

64136270.png

Sad! Just very Sad!

I remian, :sob:

Since I last did this test more than 3 years ago, I decided to do it again :

Today :

1994514794.png

Back in January 2009 :

391644684.png

My Internet got a little faster. And now I can buy an option that makes my download speed 30% faster for 48 hours.

Max

• 2 weeks later...

Tested mine here are the results

I'm supposed to get 7 download and 2 upload, but yea... NOT

2011172712.png

and WOW this is a first, perhaps last weekends upgrades will do some good and stop some of the disconnects? /crosses fingers and toes

64707467.png

Edited by Kiyeri

So here is my home speedtest:

2011269279.png

And here is my mobile phones internet speedtest (note that even the upload on my phone is about as good as the download on my home broadband :():

191091577.png

The amazing thing about the mobile speed test is that its only over 3G (and not 4G/LTE/whatever) and I live in outer suburbs and that my carrier is capable of providing speeds of about 3x that in the CBD over 3G. Of course they are somewhat more expensive than other less capable providers...

Looks like I wasn't only one with crappy connection until quite recently.

2011610041.png

This is what I got right now. Gotta be quite satified with it. With only 25€ it's really a bargain. ^^

And it better be, as I went through hell when changing ISPs...

My phone's getting around 605kbps down, 416 up and 103 ms ping. and still it's much more comfy to use than the previous wireless I had in my comp.

Really not going to even look at Sonera now that I'm through with it.

• 2 weeks later...