Dragons and Other Interesting Places. (Ancaria)

For maps on Regions, Towns, Portals, and Campaign point A to B, click on this link instead.

Ah ha, the dragon map is out, so there you go Scott... wait no Schot, gogo's mate. :)

And no I didn't draw the dragon icon out of the blue, I follow a graph on an object and dot it exactly like it (ok not exactly like it if you blow it up, many missing dots! lol :P). Anyway, they are passable so don't pick on me.

I don't have a mug shot that looks better for the medusa and forest god, they are intended to be ugly I guess... Of course, stars and lines are simple tricks, anybody can do it.

The Click me links contain a higher resolution version of the maps, click them to display them in a new window.

As always, comments and questions welcome.

---------------------------------

Dragons and Other Note Worthy Bosses

Note that I haven't count regional dragon bosses, that I think is another issue altogether.

sacreddragonmaptk1.jpg

For a High Resolution Version: Click Me

Dragons (in alphabetical order)

1) Acutami

This swamp dragon reside in the Dams of Gnarlstat. In campaign, you will have to pass thru the area, but you don't have to kill him. This is probably the least fav. dragon because of his location.

Direction:
Use the Valley of Zhurag-Nar portal, there should be an open gate Northeast. In campaign, just wait until you pass thru the cave.

2) D'Cay

The undead lady dragon, also known as the desert dragon. She is very popular. 1) She is the easiest dragon to kill. 2) She is right outside Khorad-Nar.

Direction:
Use the Khorad-Nu portal, she is just a bit south of town.

Note: In MP, she is one of the three dragons you need to kill in order to summon the Sakkara Demon.

3) Draconis Mortis

Also known as the Island Dragon. It is because he is the only dragon that resides in an island. He is considered to be a more challenging dragon, mainly because of the small island. In other words, not much leg room for your character to maneuver.

Direction:
The normal way to get to the island is thru the small portal at the end of the back cave in Crow's Rock Castle. But if you have a character that can TP (ex. Phase Shift), you can just hop onto the island. The island is location roughly in between Proto Valum and Crow's Rock Castle.

4) Frosted Death & Winters Rigor

They are known as the Twins. They are virtually identical, and stand side by side at the end of the Tyr-Hadar region. They are challenging because they come in two, with a huge crowd of Ice Elfs.

Direction:
Use the Mascarell portal, follow the path to Tyr-Fasul, then take the branch that goes into Tyr-Hadar. Just take the quest from the WE in Tyr-Hadar and you will come across the twins in no time.

5) Lorinor

Known as the Forest Dragon, he resides deep inside the woods. Another unpopular dragon because of his location.

Direction:
Use the Mascarell portal, go to Proto Draco and exit the town with the Southern exit. Then head all the way west (you will find a long forest path that takes you to Lorinor.)

6) Loromir

Known as the Friendly Dragon. He is an NPC and you can't fight him. However you can do a series of quest for him. Also, you can bring the dragon eggs to him for experience reward.

Direction:
Use the Mystdale Castle portal and go North until you reach Drakenden.

7) Sirithcam

Known as the Fire dragon. Well he is THE fire dragon, and you must kill him in the campaign. He is the ruler of Alkazaba nor Draco. He drops a portal rune that takes you from the lava region to the North of Goblin Lawn.

Direction:
Use the Fields of Urkuk portal, get onto the lava field and aim Northwest, you should find the underground town of Alkazaba nor Draco. Use the Northwest exit of the town, keep going and you will find Sirithcam.

Note: Sirithcam is one of the three dragons you must kill to summon the Sakkara Demon in MP.

8) Sisslith

Known as the Frost dragon. Not surprisingly he resides in Frostgard. He is another dragon that you will pass thru in campaign but you don't need to kill. He drops a portal rune that take you from Frostgard to Wyvern Pass.

Direction:
Use the Seraphim Monastery portal, head South and into the Monastery, go thru the gap in the North, keep going and you will find Sisslith.

Note: Sisslith is one of the three dragons you must kill to summon the Sakkara Demon in MP.

9) Sssiliths

Another Swamp Dragon. You don't have to kill him in any mode, but he drops a portal rune that activate a small portal from the entrance of Azschabrag to Mystdale. He is right outside the new region Azschabrag.

Direction:
There are many ways to get there. 1) Take the Valley of Zhurag-Nar portal, head East and then South. 2) Take the Mystdale Castle portal, head North. 3) Take the Hedgenton portal, go east and pass thru the secret passageway, you will be right outside the entrance of Azschabrag.

Note Worthy Bosses:

1) Karisall

The medusan Guardian. And the only one apparently. She is deep inside the cave of Zhurag-Nar. You must pass thru her in the campaign during the element quest. She drops a portal rune that takes you from the end of the Zhurag-Nar cave to the beginning of the Zhurag-Nar cave.

Direction:
Take the Valley of Zhurag-Nar portal, get onto the plateau, and choose the right track. Go all the way Northeast and into the cave, eventually you will meet her.

2) H'Runga'zz

Known as the Forest God. The new boss for the new region Azschabrag. You must kill her in order to get out of the region if you have progressed deep into the Tomb Raiders' Inc series of quest.

Direction:
This one is tricky, you must fight in the Gloomoor arena for five times minimum, then talk to the mage outside the arena to join the Inc. Then get to Azschabrag, follow the long series of quest and you will get to fight her in the end.

3) Ilith'Bah

AKA the Sakkara Demon. He is the strongest single foe in Ancaria, and usually yields excellent drops. Obviously you must kill him in campaign, but you can summon him in MP as well. Just kill the three element quest dragons: desert, frost, and fire, then head to the large chamber behind the throne room in Braverock. The demon will be there, attack it and you can fight him.

Direction:
I pretty much has said it above. Just follow the individual directions on the dragons, then port to the Braverock portal.

4) Shaddar

I have debated with myself a long time about including him or not. But in the end, his mug shot is the best and there is nothing else at his corner, So...

You won't find him in MP btw (unless they plan to make a new patch and bring back Ancaria campaign in MP, which I doubt with Sacred 2 coming).

Direction:
Use the Shaddar-Nur portal.

---------------------------------

Interesting Places

fastlvlplacescr1.jpg

For a High Resolution Version: Click Me

Passage Ways

1) Hedgenton <=> Azschabrag

This is a quick way in between the Central and East Ancaria. Also, you have to surface in the middle of the way, where Thorwyn's grave lies (I.e. you get the unique Thorwyn's Club here). You can see the Jason items' path in this area too, which may be intention so that you can find them on your own if you investigate.

Direction:
From the Hedgenton portal, head East until you see a fort like entrance, the exit is just a bit south from the Azschabrag entrance and the swamp dragon Sssiliths.

2) Slater's Grave <=> Wolfdale

This tunnel is interesting but not useful, because Wolfdale is not a place you need to visit in the main quest. Besides, there aren't any unique foes around Slater's Grave nor Wolfdale, so few players will actually find themselves using this passage. That said, it is still the fastest way from the Northern region to the Central region on foot, and numerous locals talk about this passage. So I decided to include it regardless.

Direction:
Both entrances are right by the towns the tunnel connects, I.e. Northeast of Slater's Grave and West of Wolfdale.

3) Wyvern Pass <=> Khorad-Nur

This tunnel is also rumored by a lot of townfolks, and it has been very useful for unlucky campaign players who couldn't talk to the Wyvern Pass gate guardian with the normal way. This has been addressed now by moving all the guards outward.

But this tunnel still has its potential for fast level. There are many giant spiders inside the cave and they fork out decent experiences. And in MP, you can always respawn them by exiting the cave and re-enter. And unlike spider desert, the giant spiders in the cave will be located in very similar places (only the large chambers in the cave can hold these foes).

This cave is SP friendly too. Alternate between the Orc Cave and this tunnel is a good leveling strategy.

Direction:
This one is a little bit more tricky. There are a lot of caves of both sides of the tunnel. But its general location is around the middle of the mountain that cut between the desert areas. You know you have the right one if you see the giant spiders inside.

Interesting Places

1) Ghost Cave

This cave got its name because the only opponents you find inside are ghost.
:cry:
So how it this place interesting?

In MP, this is one of the best leveling places. I was doubtful about the level capability of the cave at first (ghost gives you ****ty amount of experience), so a bunch of DA guys invited me for a showcase. And their method is very simple, get into the cave, spread out to attract all the ghost to chase you, gather them into a spot, then everyone pops an experience potion and spam Area of Effect skills(MS, PM, CL, and so on). That's it.

And I was utterly shocked, the experience meter jumped like rocket (I was in Gold server, not bronze). Still better, the entrance of Ghost Cave is where you exit too, so you can just keep on repeating the method.

Direction:
The cave is South of Highmarsh. Get to the Valley of Zhurag-Nar portal and get to Highmarsh. Cross the river the first chance you get and search for a house on the West side. The cave is just South of the house.

2) Goblin Lawn

I didn't coin the term, but it sure suit the place perfectly. And every player should know this place, which is actually the Silver Creek area.

The area is good for leveling and rune farming because of its respawn rate in MP, and of course plenty of goblin shamans boss.

Direction:
West of Silver Creek.

3) Nomad-Nur

This place isn't really popular actually, but still the area has lots of Shaddar-Rim. There is also a cave with an experience. statue inside, so overall this is a good place to level too.

Direction:
Go all the West from Khorad-Nur portal.

4) Orc Cave

Another very popular place. This cave is full of Orc Champion bosses, so its a very good place for drops and experience. And since the cave is relatively large with two entrances, more than one player can share it even if they want to solo. One of the entrance is very near a town and main portal, extra plus to the place.

Also, this is one of the few places that work for SP players too. Granted the respawn rate is still really low compare to MP, at least the cave does respawn bits by bits. Alternate this cave with the Wyvern Pass tunnel is a good leveling strategy in SP.

Direction:
Take Khorad-Nur portal, go just a bit South of town. (the entrance at the other end is close to the Spider Desert, if one wants a change)

5) Rim Valley

This is my favorite level place. Just go West from the Valley of Zhurag-Nar and you will see a bunch of Shaddar-Rim Raider bosses. They maybe tough to kill at early levels but they give good experience and drops. Not much else needs to be said about this.

In MP you can keep reset the place as well.

Direction:
West of Valley of Zhurag-Nar portal.

6) Spider Desert

This desert area is full of Giant Spiders, although their spawn location vary quite a bit. There is a dungeon North of the area that is full of Shaddar Rims too. Very popular in MP.

In SP I believe the Spiders won't respawn until you leave the area (but don't hold it against me, its been very long since I played campaign).

Direction:
In MP, make use Khorad-Nur desert teleport under the Isle tower. You will be right outside the area. In SP, you will have to pass thru here to get to Shaddar-Nur. But if you must get here on your own, either walk all the way Southeast from Khorad-Nur or make use of the Orc Cave.

7) Timberton Woods

The forest North of Timberton is full of Orc Champion Bosses, another good place to level in MP. The area is large enough that you won't run out of enemy.

Direction:
Use the Timberton portal, take the North exit of the town.

8) Tristram

This is more of an Easter egg, but worth visiting if you have the UW version. All the citizens inside Tristram will turn into zombie bosses when you get to the middle of the town. Good experience and good drops. Sadly, the citizens won't respawn in SP nor in MP. In Plus version or before I think the citizens just turn into regular zombies, and won't give you good drops thus.

Direction:
Use the Mystdale Castle portal, head North. This is where you take Glubba to if you agree to help him in SP.

9) Tyr-Hadar

Plus added this region and its an excellent one for you to level. The ice elfs tend to come with a large group, but relatively ez to kill. Also, there are many experience statue scattered around the region. Not to say the twin dragons are here as well.

Direction:
Take the Mascarell portal, and head into Tyr-Fasul. You will see a branch in path that takes you into Tyr-Hadar.
  • 9 months later...

Very handy guide Myles. This is helping me tons right now! Somewhat belated reply here, lol. I'll be enjoying your guides quite a lot in the following days Myles so a big thankyou for all the time and effort you put into them! :D

Ah ha, the dragon map is out, so there you go Scott... wait no Schot, gogo's mate. wink.gif

Hahahaha. :P Now where did I put my Admin stick... :lol:

I think besides the great commentary and placement of the dragons, my favorite part of the guide is the cute cow dragon pics used to indicate the location of the dragons on the map!

:D

gogo