TyBosso DeElfici unveiled

Interesting. I'd noticed Charlotte Newton, in fact I often try to read Sacred names backwards to see if they make sense that way.  But I never noticed all the other names that were scrambled.  :3lmao:

I know the De Elfici's are a play on the De Medici family.  Tybosso always sounded like a vague analogue of Lorenzo or one of the more famous patriarchs of that historical family.

• Like! 1
53 minutes ago, Flix said:

De Elfici's are a play on the De Medici family.  Tybosso always sounded like a vague analogue of Lorenzo or one of the more famous patriarchs of that historical family.

Nice, must be related too indeed. I think I'm not far away the truth and I can't stop laughing at the Ascaron devs ingeniosity and humor like, "thank you so much boss for making us work so hard" :3lmao:

It reminds me of this french (maybe international, dunno) tv advertising ("see you president") where an employee says goodbye to his boss because he just won the jackpot at the lottery :lol:

"You too, when you'll have won, send us your movies"

2 hours ago, chattius said:

There is a drinking song about him, which would translate as:

"I can make the blind walk and the lame see"

aha nice one :lol:

Could you tell us which Orcish priest/Healer maybe? Maybe a screenshot of his position, to see how he is actually named in the different versions please? I doubt he is called Eisenbart in the french version (maybe). I would like to check.

It is called Docteur Divago in French (doctor Divago). It's a word game between divaguer (near "much think" or to divagate) and Doctor Jivago, the movie (Doctor Zhivago https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Zhivago_(film) ).

Thanks Chattius, I find that always interesting. We can see the awesome work of the translators who didn't just stupidly translate but did a real work of research and creativity.

• Like! 1
19 hours ago, chattius said:

Names backward. I was shocked to see this in 10000 B.C.

The hero is named D'leh. Held is German for hero.

His love is named Evolet, it isn't German but in a close second important language. In MY daily use of cause ;)

Back to Sacred 2:

A Orcish Priest/Healer is named Eisenbart in the German Version at least. There is a drinking song about him, which would translate as:

"I can make the blind walk and the lame see"

If that translation is correct, it could very well be a reference to a song done by "The Who", called Eye sight to the blind.

And the full lyrics:

You talk about your woman, I wish you could see mine
You talk about your woman, I wish you could see mine
Every time she starts to loving, she brings eyesight to the blind

Her daddy gave her magic, I can tell by the way she walks
Daddy gave her lots of magic, I can tell by the way she walks
Every time she starts a-shakin', the dumb begin to talk

She has got the power to heal you, never fear
She has got the power to heal you, never fear
Just one word from her lips and the deaf can hear

Thorin :)

• Like! 1
On 7/24/2020 at 9:56 AM, desm said:

Greetings proud adventurers. I come to you today because I've had a tilt! Starting to know how Ascaron devs are reasonning and choosing the names of the items sets or NPC (in Sacred 1 for example, the vampiress set E'sal Hy-Lef is in fact the anagram of Faye's Hell like many others like you can see on this page http://clan-da.com/showthread.php?t=3239 ), something came to my mind about TyBosso DeElfici. Couldn't it mean in fact something like Thank you Boss of the felicy(ty) as a wink and salute for Ascaron boss?

I let you meditate on that! See you!

Bravo desm for finding/bringing the info over! I'd always had this strange feeling when seeing those bizarre names for the sets that they were just ..."strange"...something just out of reach of comprehension... years later now i guess we can read words and just get a feeling that they're coming from some kind of anagram... brlliant find! Is this actually another Easter Egg for at least the Sacred Underworld ? I'll try to reach Dobster from Clan  DA ( he still shows up here off and on ) and see if i can link is work to a write up in the Wiki

What a nostalgia hit... I still love seeing intelligent surprises coming from this game... and always love that we still have a community to appreciate it!

Flix, now that you mention the De medici family it puts another puzzle piece in play for me  ... weren't they reputed to be extremely ruthless with a touch of evil ? or was that the Borgia's :blink: 

:diablo:

gogo

Thanks Gogo m8. Games devs have always showed some treasures of ingenuity in games development and Ascaron devs were certainly among these ones. I too have always find these sets names from Sacred 1 so mystical, like from another world, love them. If it's Clan DA which found that these were actually anagrams, they deserve a medal :heart::lol:

7 hours ago, chattius said:

It gets harder and harder to understand the eastereggs because we are no longer close to the time they were done.

Chilling! I just got a frisson from what you wrote... like a surprise visit from my own mortality :lol:

Stuff like this gets me to peek out of my own bubble and see the world rushing by outside

ahhh, Chattius...

:thumbsup:

gogo

World outside...

My oldest was just a teenager when she started Sacred2 slaughtering schoolmates in pkill servers with a hybrid high elf.  I have to remember that my granddaughter will be one year old at 15th of August and that she will have spend half of her life in our village while covid19, She is the only one aged below one year in a circle of 9 kilometres.

What were townpeople in Sacred2 saying: 'DIe Mauer muss weg!' The wall has to fall. In difference to the Berlin(Dragonmaw in Sacred 2) wall it isn't a real wall. It is an invisble wall caused by isolation because of covid19. Kids should grow up with other kids of same age.