Relic bonuses

This is something that has been at the back of my mind for some time now. Relics spawn with bonuses to 4 out of 6 General Skills, why is that? Why is it that they don't spawn with bonuses to Alchemy and Blacksmith when they're General Skills as well?

I find it awkward that you have this mechanic that allows you to boost a certain type of skill, yet some of them aren't even rolled. Is there any coding limitation or whatnot?

• Like! 1

It's funny that no one ever complained about it to be honest. :3lmao:

Would you be willing to put this on the to-do list for EE/D2F, since the first (and by extension the second) is keeping up with the CM Patch spirit of fixing things?! At least from a gaming and consistency point of view I think those bonuses should appear. I believe master @chattius would approve that as well. :)

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I always wished about relics is for some relics to give bonuses to two general skills. So if, for example, I'm playing with both Riding and Enhanced Perception, I wouldn't have to switch between an *80 armor + 4 EP* relic and an *80 armor + 4 Riding* relic but would also have the option of using an *80 armor + 2 EP + 2 Riding* relic. 

I might be wrong but I have a glimpse that I recently got a +Alchemy yellow relic from a random drop. This was  a few days ago so I don't remember correctly though, I might be mistaken or not. 

Edit: I searched the Google just now and it seems that Alchemy relics aren't in the game, so I probably remembered wrong.

Edited by RavenLight

This is the bonus group:

newBonusgroup = {
  id = 549,
  name = "Ybga_artefact                                                                                                                   ",
  bonuslist = { 343,344,345,346,},
}
mgr.createBonusgroup(549, newBonusgroup);

Just need to add 341, and 347, to the list to include all General Skills.

Just FYI for any self-modders.  It will probably be a while before I update any mods.

33 minutes ago, Flix said:

This is the bonus group:

newBonusgroup = {
  id = 549,
  name = "Ybga_artefact                                                                                                                   ",
  bonuslist = { 343,344,345,346,},
}
mgr.createBonusgroup(549, newBonusgroup);

Just need to add 341, and 347, to the list to include all General Skills.

Just FYI for any self-modders.  It will probably be a while before I update any mods.

Does it need to start a new campaign for the changes to apply or I can continue the current one(s)?

Ok, so is that blueprint.txt then? Will changing that cause any kind of re-roll on RNG items, or is it safe to apply on an already existing character?

PS: Out of sheer morbid curiosity, what's 342? :D

342 is ancient magic.

Making the change I suggested above in blueprint.txt will have an immediate and retroactive effect.  It will cause all normal, magic, and rare-tier relics to re-roll their bonuses.  No other items would be affected.