The Fellowship of DarkMatters is a gathering place founded upon the principles of Honor, Accord and Respect. For us, Honor is to hold in high regard, Accord is harmony and mutual agreement, and Respect is to consider or treat with courtesy. Dark Matters members embrace these tenets both here in our community and in real life.
This community is drawn together by virtue of a common interest the love of computer gaming. We are also a diverse group with many occupations, backgrounds and belief systems. That said, the administrators of The Fellowship of Dark Matters wish to promulgate rules designed to protect individual interests, foster community spirit and further the principles that we hold dear.
Rules and Guidelines for the Fellowship of DarkMatters Forum
1 - Language.
2 - First time on the Forum
3 - The Small Print.
4 - The Speaking of That of Which We Do Not Speak Of.
5 - Warnings from the Mod Team (Moderators/Super moderators/Administrators).
1 - Language
Please make all your posts in English, it's nice to know what you're saying and this way there is a far smaller chance of you being able to write and get away with anything you're not supposed to.
Please be attentive to the moods, thoughts and vocabulary being currently used by the community at this forum. Be polite, be kind, but more importantly try to be a great listener first. Pay some attention to the post in front of yours and half the challenge of making that especially great presentation is already done. Look for the smiley of respect in your audience of readers. If you see it you're doing fine.
2 - First time on the Forum...4 Easy Mini-Rules to Remember.
- a - The Moderator is always right. Yes this is hard to believe but it's true. We advise you to take our word on this. And so in the case of any contention regarding rules and/or anything else having to do with The Fellowship of Dark Matters, the Moderator's point of view regarding any contended-upon issue will always hold sway. If a member has a problem with a moderator's judgment regarding anything here, his last and only recourse is to send a pm to an administrator where a particular situation can perhaps be reviewed. Maybe.
- b - Please stay on topic. Not staying on topic can make a thread confusing and too many jokes can hijack or railroad a thread. Try and be courteous, kind and respectful to the OP (Opening Poster). Know when being off topic has gone too far and also know when and how to bring a thread back on track with some respect kindness.
- c - Please, refrain from double posts or bumping unless with the consent of the FDM Mod Team. Double posts confuse other posters, can ruin the order of meaning, and can result in topics that are inappropriate and not allowed.
3 - The Small Print
Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness or How the Fellowship of DarkMatters Shows it's Love for You in Small-Print. These are those legal, boring and ever-ubiquitous small print rules that we know you'll never read but which we'll be ready to throw at you in that fraction of a second you try and break em.
Intellectual Property - Intellectual property of others is highly regarded due to the effort, creativity and hard work put forth by those individuals. With that in mind not plagiarizing others works, respecting copyrights, patents, trade secrets and trademarks, are encouraged. All posts made on this forum are property of the posters, subject to the license granted below. All other material and content on: www.darkmatters.org are the property and copyright of The Fellowship of DarkMatters and all rights are reserved. By posting material on The Fellowship of DarkMatters' site, you grant to the site a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, edit, modify, adapt, publish, translate, communicate to the public, perform and display the submitted content (in whole or in part) worldwide for the full term of any rights that may exist in the content.
Compliance with Laws, Rules and Regulations - Not participating in discussions (postings) related to illegal or unlawful activities, including issues determined to be against the official rules of the games we engage in are encouraged. This obligation is inherent with the principles upon which this community is founded.
Personal Responsibility Towards the Community - The Dark Matters community expects that you will exercise caution, good sense and proper judgment when using the services of this forum. You agree NOT to use the Services of Dark Matters for or in connection with any of the following activities:
- a - Impersonating any person or entity, including but not limited to, any other users or any of The Fellowship of Dark Matters' personnel, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your identity or affiliation in any way, or forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or other posting.
- b - Any fraudulent, distateful, illegal purpose, or any use which violates the accepted norms of the Internet and/or our own community, whether or not expressly mentioned in this Agreement, as well as any activity that could damage Dark Matters reputation and good will.
- c - E-mailing, uploading, or otherwise transmitting or using the Services in furtherance of the use or distribution of any unlawful, harmful, harassing, defamatory, tortious, libelous, abusive, threatening, vulgar, sexually explicit, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, or any material that is invasive of another's privacy or exploits children, or transmitting any sexually explicit materials, including images and other content.
- d - Transmitting material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines that are intended to damage, destroy, disrupt or otherwise impair a computer's functionality or the operation of The Fellowship of Dark Matters (or anyone else's) Services, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information, or transmit any materials that otherwise violate Dark Matters rules or policies.
4 - The Speaking of That of Which We Do Not Speak Of.
RE: The Speaking of That of Which We Do Not Speak Of. These Not Spoken topics of which we do not speak of we do not speak of. Ever. What this means is that that we never ever ever speak of these never not spoken of topics pertaining to:
- - Political Discussions
- - Religious Discussions
- - Advertisement of any kind
- - Insulting posts and/or attacks against any member(s)
5 - Warnings from the Mod Team (Moderators/Super moderators/Administrators)
A warning may or may not be issued for violating any of these guidelines. Violations will be reported via pm to the individual and stored in administrative notes. We do not allow the discussion of any moderating acts on the boards. If you have a concern or problem please PM or Email an administrator.
Your attention to all of this will hopefully save you the embarrassment of the dreaded BLEEP! of the censor as well as a possible pm from an irate mod or admin.
The FDM mod team wishes all of our current and new members an awesome time here on the boards...we really do! And if you ever have any questions, cajoles or bribes please do not hesitate to contact and/or send vacation plane tickets, sports cars (bhj...) or copies of your favorite video games to any member of the mod team you so wish to fraternize with regarding any specific or general issues now or future with this site. We all also love good quality chocolates and are open to a fine selection of cheeses.
The Fellowship of DarkMatters