"Life Leech" skill in weapons

Hi folks, first of all, I am getting more and more into this game and also into this site and I ( I know I am repeating myself ) but want to thank you again for all your work. I have to say that I am a native Spanish speaker with a good level of English so If I find some spare time and you need a translation contribution to it, please let me know and Ill try to do it. I am a developer as well.

Well, getting to the actual point of my question, in my game I got a weapon that states "Life leech +4" as one of its attributes. I do not see any skill in the game specifically related to "Life leech". Am I understand that this is a generic skill that simply "applies" to any character? I am playing as an Inquisitor, and I dont have any other weapon or armor piece with this attribute so my current level of "Life Leech" is 4 when using this weapon, right?

And if so, what does "4" stands for? Do I get +4 of life from my foes when I actually hit them? Or is it a porcentage of life from the max points of such foe?

Thanks in advance!

15 minutes ago, Thorin Oakshield said:

Yes, as you have expected, "Life leech +4" means that the weapon in question is leeching 4 points of health from your enemy the moment you hit them.

IIRC the leeching is also done when you hit your enemy with another weapon, meaning you are able to do twice the leeching as you thought you would.

The only thing having - a small - influence at your amount of leeching is actually your weapon skill, as that would increase your attack speed. And the higher your attack speed, the more hits you can do, which results in more often leeching being done as well.

There are some ways to increase the leeching, btw. Some rings and amulets have that modifier as well and if that particular weapon does have slots available, head over to a smith and add that jewelry to your weapon or wear it.

And keep an eye out for weapons doing "Life leech +x%" as those actually leech a percentage of the maximum health of your opponents. Which can be very useful when encountering one of the campaign bosses.

Thorin :) 

Thanks so much for your answer. Just to clarify, when you say "IRC the leeching is also done when you hit your enemy with another weapon" means if I am dual weilding and one weapon has the "Life Leech +X" but the other one does not, even then both weapons leefh life from the opponent. Right?

2 hours ago, soymatiasbarrios said:

Thanks so much for your answer. Just to clarify, when you say "IRC the leeching is also done when you hit your enemy with another weapon" means if I am dual weilding and one weapon has the "Life Leech +X" but the other one does not, even then both weapons leefh life from the opponent. Right?

Yep

Thorin :) 

• Thanks! 1

Exactly, effects that proc on enemy hit aren't dependant of which slot it comes from. All that matters is the information in the sigma in the inventory, where you have listed all the modifiers that your toon currently has. Each and every one of those counts as active at all times.

Life leech damage is additional damage added on top of whatever other weapon damage you are inflicting.  In this case it is like adding extra "flat" damage that cannot be resisted.  This extra damage also heals the player for the same amount.

• Like! 1

There's also "Life leech+X" on some combat arts like Demonic blow, Magic coup, and others. At first glance them seem as straightforward and basic as the "Life leech+X" on weapons and gear - just a flat amount of life leech, not nearly as spectacular as the "Life leech +X%" which is a great boss-killer. However, such combat art bonuses have the added benefit of being boosted by skills like Tactics lore (Demonic blow), Delphic Arcana lore (Magic Coup), etc.

So, while this type of flat life leech bonus can be easy to ignore on gear, don't overlook it in combat arts - there it's often spectacular. The basic rule of thumb is that "life leech +X%" is great against bosses but the flat "life leech +X" (especially on combat arts) is better on mobs.

I especially love the life leech of Magic coup - it's actually much higher than the same bonus on Demonic blow or on the Inquisitor's combat arts (5 + 5 life leech per level vs 3 + 1.5 per level) and it can leech a LOT of life at higher levels and max Delphic Arcana lore. 

• Like! 1
18 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Anybody said Magic Coup?! :wow:

Love that kind of build, played it to exhaustion I reckon. The great thing about it is that you can use Stray Damage mod to splash hits on nearby opponents, making its LL effect much more interesting. I still recommend any given LL+% weapon on a secondary weapon slot for bosses with that build though. It's like you say, as its a percentual and non-boss mobs have a much lower HP value leeching a flat amount is more effective. Though at Platinum/Niob above level 100 the distance between the two begins to fade a bit.

Absolutely, Magic coup elves have been my favorite builds in the game too - S&B, Polearm, even bow elves, MC's LL is that insane. I so wish 2H swords or DW worked for high elves...

• Like! 1