Nostalgia hit me hard!

Hi, everyone! I'm an old player of the first Sacred game. I recently got nostalgic and came back to it after maaaany many years!

My favorite character was the Battle Mage, so I'm looking forward to use him again! Although I'm also planning to play other characters as well.

I tried to check the wiki as well, but most of the stuff there seems to have been deleted. Did something happen?

Either way, I'm looking forward to delve into the world of Ancaria once again.

• Appreciation 1
8 hours ago, ULTway said:

Hi, everyone! I'm an old player of the first Sacred game. I recently got nostalgic and came back to it after maaaany many years!

My favorite character was the Battle Mage, so I'm looking forward to use him again! Although I'm also planning to play other characters as well.

I tried to check the wiki as well, but most of the stuff there seems to have been deleted. Did something happen?

Bravo UlTway and welcome to DarkMatters!! Yes maaaaaaaaaaaaany years... sometimes the years go by so fast, its hard keeping an eye on how old this game really is :lol:  Very happy you've made it through the years and found yourself at our little nook in the galaxy for the worlds most awesome game ever... EVAH :bounce:

Re  Batlle Mage, When the Wiki was created it was kind of at the end of Sacred's release and the beginning of  Sacred 2...I remember we asked everyone to get ready to bring in all the info for the second game so a lot of info is perhaps not as rich as it is in Sacred 2 Wiki... but we have a great section from the games forum here were there were discussions:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/forum/100-sacred-general-discussion/

And there's a a Sacred Underworld Builds section here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/forum/60-sacred-guides-builds-and-maps-for-the-game-extensive-listing/

And the grandmamma of all sites... Nighte Wolfe's laire is here:

http://pctalk.info/Games/Sacred2/Wolfes.Lair/index.html

Hoping this is enough info to have fun with for a wee while?

:gogo:

gogo

• Thanks! 1

Hahaha! Glad to be here!

Oh, I see. I might end up adding some info to the wiki. I like editing and making things as information-rich as possible. Hahaha!

Oooh! These links are great! Thank you!

And see you around!

• Like! 1
8 hours ago, ULTway said:

Hahaha! Glad to be here!

Oh, I see. I might end up adding some info to the wiki. I like editing and making things as information-rich as possible. Hahaha!

Oooh! These links are great! Thank you!

And see you around!

we are happy to meet up and have you here on the boards...

Complimentary POutine!

Gluten-Free-Poutine.jpg

:dance:

gogo

On 7/31/2020 at 8:04 PM, ULTway said:

Hello! I've recently discovered that Battle Mages have powerful area of effect spells and that they rock even if they're flimsier than most. He might end up as my favorite too one day.

On 7/31/2020 at 8:04 PM, ULTway said:

I wasn't aware that some stuff got deleted. Maybe it's why I thought it somehow lacks in a few sections because I never knew they were once there. Too bad to hear. In any case, online resources all have their own strengths and weaknesses but it would still be nice to read or quickly scan everything when one has the time.

• The wiki's best feature in my opinion is the Ancarian map, such an invaluable tool for S1 players both old and new. Numerical data can also be found there like a table on what skills can a character have and at what level you can acquire them and specified pages for value progression for combat arts and spells (dmg/duration/efficiency) at different lvls.
  • The forum is best for its builds and guides and the underlying opinion in each of them to help you prepare and decide for your gameplay, especially, if you're seeking to try something different than what you're used to. Someone may also know an answer to a question you have. If you're into mods you can also check the Downloads section.
  • Last but not least, Wolfe's Lair is best for brushing up on the basics and several lists you might need, particularly, when it comes to items and side quest details. It has some quirky guides too on how to change your character's name color and a comprehensive guide on horses including what color and type you can buy at what town among others.

Have fun playing and welcome!

3 hours ago, Ysendra said:

Hello! I've recently discovered that Battle Mages have powerful area of effect spells and that they rock even if they're flimsier than most. He might end up as my favorite too one day.

I wasn't aware that some stuff got deleted. Maybe it's why I thought it somehow lacks in a few sections because I never knew they were once there. Too bad to hear. In any case, online resources all have their own strengths and weaknesses but it would still be nice to read or quickly scan everything when one has the time.

• The wiki's best feature in my opinion is the Ancarian map, such an invaluable tool for S1 players both old and new. Numerical data can also be found there like a table on what skills can a character have and at what level you can acquire them and specified pages for value progression for combat arts and spells (dmg/duration/efficiency) at different lvls.
  • The forum is best for its builds and guides and the underlying opinion in each of them to help you prepare and decide for your gameplay, especially, if you're seeking to try something different than what you're used to. Someone may also know an answer to a question you have. If you're into mods you can also check the Downloads section.
  • Last but not least, Wolfe's Lair is best for brushing up on the basics and several lists you might need, particularly, when it comes to items and side quest details. It has some quirky guides too on how to change your character's name color and a comprehensive guide on horses including what color and type you can buy at what town among others.

Have fun playing and welcome!

Hi Ysenda!

lol, not deleted actually  but never put in  :lol: The Wiki for Sacred Underworld was only started when Second game was just about to be released, so most of the community effort was directed to all the new info that was being uncovered for this game as more and more uniques and quests were being  discovered... exciting times where new uniques were discovered and documented every day :bounce:

I love how you categorized and described all the sources of in for this game ... on point and very useful!

:hugs:

gogo

p.s. re the game map, I remember Schot boarding up in his room for months... working on his *secret* project.. the amount of work he put into illustrating that map with all its info was one of the first for its time when it came out ! :dance:

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

Hi Ysenda!

lol, not deleted actually  but never put in  :lol: The Wiki for Sacred Underworld was only started when Second game was just about to be released, so most of the community effort was directed to all the new info that was being uncovered for this game as more and more uniques and quests were being  discovered... exciting times where new uniques were discovered and documented every day :bounce:

I love how you categorized and described all the sources of in for this game ... on point and very useful!

:hugs:

gogo

p.s. re the game map, I remember Schot boarding up in his room for months... working on his *secret* project.. the amount of work he put into illustrating that map with all its info was one of the first for its time when it came out ! :dance:

Yes the map is very helpful especially that it's an open-world game. It's nice to see the scope of what a player needs to explore to progress, what NPCs are available in each town and if a stash is present, where and how far between these towns are, as well as waypoints and portals. I also use it to check for hidden things in dense forests. I appreciate Schot's work on it. The effort and time he invested is evident and the result is indispensable. Two of the pages I can't play without are the world map and the list of side quests. Both of which are already in the wiki so I'm already good with that but as you mentioned some time ago, those who want to work and add valuable info on the wiki are always welcome and that goes out to ULTway as well.

:gogo:

• Appreciation 1