Failure to hit

I am experiencing a strange problem. When I want to hit a monster and point a cursor on him, the hero is brandishing its weapon in the air, but the monster is not hit. It happens with every hero many times during a game. I have a CP and I play on a laptop. 

Pick a weapon lore skill (sword, hafted, polearm, dual wield, whatever you're using) and start pumping points in it. The "chance to hit" stat is one of the key stats in the game - it's normal to be missing if your chance to hit is low. Your chance to hit is generally based on your "attack value" stat and on the enemy's "defense value" stat - the higher your attack value is, the better your chance to hit.  The best ways to boost your chance to hit are:

• Increase your weapon lore skill.
  • Increase your strength and/or dexterity (although it's usually better to let them increase naturally and put your points in vitality or stamina.)
  • Pick a buff that boost your chance to hit and/or attack value such as Sinister predator or Battle stance.
  • Pick gear that increases your attack value and/or chance to hit or gear that lowers the enemy's chance to dodge.
  • Pick combat art mods that boost the chance to hit whenever you can. Magic coup's "Target focus" mod is a good example. 

With most classes the first several levels will be a string of constant missing unless it's a class with a nice offensive buff like Sinister predator or Battle stance. Once you dump some points in your weapon lore skill. however, and you get several pieces of armor and/or rings/amulets with "chance to hit", you'll be golden. 

There's a similar system with the spells in the game where "Spell intensity" increases your spell's chance to hit while the enemy's "Spell resistance" increases their chance to resist your spells. But spells are generally easier to hit with most of the time. 

Edited by RetsReds
  • Appreciation 1

I have just experienced it. I play with a Seraphim level 67 using swords and my enemy was a Slave Outcast level 52. So despite my chance to hit was 98%, I did not manage to hit him, and the Seraphin was brandishing her weapon some 60 times. I looked at the stats and my chance to hit is generally over 80% against common monsters. 

I didn't encountered this problem (playing on a laptop currently too) but I have read about it in the past. My suggestions and the best ones I know so far, are these:

1. Try to hit the monsters while using CTRL + left click. It may work this way and fix the issue afterwards (no need to attack via CTRL click after)

2. Try to hit the monsters from different angles, locations, terrain etc. Sometimes, the terrain can be an "invisible barrier" in front of the attacks, though it mainly affects ranged attacks

3. Try using a weapon based combat art (for your Seraphim I suggest Soul Hammer or Pelting Strikes) to see if it hits this way

4. Backup your saves and uninstall and reinstall your Community Patch (if you have it installed).

If none of these works, I'm afraid I don't know the source of the problem and I have to admit it's pretty unusual. But I hope some of these things do help you in any way.