Miss Bolt Thrower

Hey everyone,

Here's the second Guide from the SIF (I didn't even post in in GSF, feel honoured :o).

This Time, a Build, that's hated by nearly every Player I know. But it's possible and Fun to play her!

The Build I'm talking about: A pure Energy Daemoness, killing with Energy Bolts and nothing more.

Well, as far as I know, I'm the first and (meanwhile) on of three Players, who reached Niob with that Deamoness (link) *grin*

But, at least for every Deamoness Fan and Perfectionist: Give her a Try, it's really Fun :D

So here are the Facts/Recommendations and a video:

Skills & Attributes

lvl1: Weapon Lore (for Energy Bolts' Damage)

-> 100 Points here. Experienced Players only choose it and get the Rest per Boni.

lvl1: Concentration (for its Regeneration)

-> 140 Points here.

lvl3: Constitution (for more Life)

-> 100 Points here.

lvl6: Agility (the Defence is, what we're intrested in)

-> at least 50 Points here.

lvl12: Dual Wielding

-> nothing, just good to have

lvl20: Armour (for more Resistance)

-> At least 50 Points here.

lvl30: Parry (for more Defence)

-> As many as you can invest.

lvl50: Meditation (for CoD's Reg Time)

-> 10 Points max. You get more than you need with Boni. For those, who are somewhat brave at the Beginning: Choose it and get the Rest per Boni.

-----

At every Level Up, put the Point into Physical Regeneration.

That's good for some Life and the Regeneration of Energy Deamon/Energy Bolts.

-----

Combat Arts

Energy Daemon (Energy Bolts)

This is, what we kill with, the Energy Bolts.

The best Reg Time is 1s and below.

Call of Death

Just bring it up to Level 36, where it's maxed in Time and Effect (60sec/6% Damage Bonus).

Equipment

Head

Pandora's Prophetic Circlet (Weapon Lore, experience) or Dralkcib's Sneer (Weapon Lore, +x to all Special Moves)

[note, that Pandora's Weapon Lore Bonus is higher than Dralkcib's at same Level and Difficulty]

Torso

Rares with RSM and/or Weapon Lore

Belt

Dralkcib's Hips (+x to all Skills, RSM, phys. Reg)

Legs

Shoes

Shoulders

Arms

Hands

Dralkcib's Claws (Energy Daemon, +x to all Skills)

Weapons

Two finished Prototypes (Magic Damage +xx%, Crit, RSM)

Rings/Amuletts

Same here, those are just Recommendation, you coult put into your Sockets or equip, if possible.

Goilomn Gilisfon's Brooch of Diligence (Weapon Lore, experience)

Dragon Ring* (phys Reg, Weapon Lore, RSM, experience, Crit)

Pandoras Ring (Lifeleech, Crit)

Rares with Lifeleech, RSM, Weapon Lore, phys Reg, ment Reg**, +x to all Special Moves

[* I'm still not sure, if it's called like that in the English Version. I'll try to find a Picture of it]

[** Why Mental Regeneration? Well, this Attribute boosts Magic Damage. Really, it's proven!]

Play Style & additional Comments

First a Word to the finished Prototypes: Their Damage for close ranged Battle isn't of interest. So all we look at, are the Boni, and they are static per Difficulty. Therefore, it's good to have 2 of the smallest possible Swords per Difficulty.

And here we go: Silver - min18, Gold - min54, Platin - min90, Niob - min150.

So just send another Character ahead to get them as early as possible.

Here, Call of Death is quite necessary. Unfortunately, the Energy Daemoness is neither a Speed Killer, nor a Mass Killer. But to kill at least fast enough to level properly, Call of Death is well important.

And now for the Playstyle:

Cast Energy Daemon & Call of Death and look for an Enemy or a Group of Enemies. Make them run to you, don't run to them. BECAUSE you need some Time to unleash your Bolts. Therefore you got to find a good Timing. But you surely get it after a While.

At the Beginning you have Problems just to kill even one Enemy. But on Bronce you still can hit them with your Weapon. Just be patient, she'll rock.

You can level her everywhere, except the Cave with those blue Frost Giants (?) and the Valley of Tears. I didn't tryout Garema, because I lost so many Characters there, that I just don't want to go there anymore.

You even can go to Hell's Ridge with her. But there, you need a very good Sense of timing.

For Valley of Tears: I tried out one single Golem, Me: lvl170, Golem: lvl184.. 13 Bolts á 40k Damage with a Regtime of 0.7s... I took me about 3 (three!) Minutes to Kill that single Dude!

VERY IMPORTANT:

If you like her, better don't do Teamplay with her. For some weird Reasons, your own Bolts can attack yourself. But this happens, as far as I observed it, only, when playing in a Team..

Although you've got massive Magie Resistance, you can get BIG Damage, that can kill you..

It already happened to me :bow:

That's it, I hope you like it.

If there are Questions, I'll try to answer them and solve the Problem ;)

Greets, Therion X

P.S.: I'll write some more Stuff tomorrow.. gotta go sleep now :blink:

P.S.s.: Bwahaha, his One rocks: :blink:

Edited by gogoblender
  • 2 weeks later...

Sold, Therion...

And off I go to start her now...

I love yer build and, the tinkerer I am, can hardly wait to see what else I can personalize.

Wish me luck and I"ll report back soon.

CheerS!

:P

gogo

heh, first question...if she's only using bolts...is there any reason why she needs conc and physregen?

I mean, won't she only be using left click attacks?

If not right clicks, then doesn't half the use of phys regen not be used and conc as well?

Thanks!

:4rofl:

gogo

p.s. I'm in bronze servers now awaiting response hahah :P

p.s.s k...I see where this is coming form and it's very intersting...thes bolts are phycical Combat Arts...so phys regen and conc actually reduce the time on casting it?

how bout hellpower then...does hellpower have any effect at all since hell power only affects magic spells and bolts are not magic spells but Combat Arts?

Whew, those are pretty confusing Questions :(

Bolt do pure Magical Damage, not physical. Energy Daemon/Energy Bolts are Special Moves, that means, the Regeneration can be regulated with phys. Regen and Concentration only.

So well, get as much RSM, phys Reg and Concentratin, as you can :D

Hell Power/Meditation only affect Spells (the orange CAs).

And Dude, Hell no! She'll right-click only! You wanna Kill with the Bolts, not with your Swords :)

haha, more questions!

what level do you hae yer bolts CA at?

How are you making the damage go up?

Are you eating lots of runes?

Or have you just eaten one and then are you making it's damage go up by other ways?

Thanks!

:(

gogo

At the Moment (at lvl175), my Bolts are lvl186, doing about 40k per Bolt. Got 13 Bolts at once.

It's hard to describe, how to hold the CA Level.. I always tried to keep Bolts' Reg on MAX. 2 Seconds.

And the Damage came alone.. Using the Prototypes, which give you Magic Damage +xx%.. equipping Stuff with Weapon Lore and some Boni on Mental Regeneration.

I myself read Tons of Runes. But therefore equipped Tons of RSM and phys. Reg :D

Unfortunately Dralkcib's Claws are the Only Thing, that will give a big Bonus on Energy Daemon.. So you've got to read a lot of Runes, as far as you want to use your Sockets for something else than only x t all Special Moves :D