Experimenting with NPC('s)!

I burned them! All of them! Mwahaha! zombieenfeu5ib.gif

Was having a blast with some NPC's on the servers yesterday. Wierd, yes. I know. But trust me on this one. They may not be the greatest conversationalists but they do burn quite well. hehehe. Luckily for me I thought to bring my bird cam which took some great shots. Have a look. :woot:

Most of the pics are of me and my NPC party with flameskin on. I have a few ideas on how I can really make use of NPC's with flameskin and I'll definitely be adding widd to this equation very soon as well as burning bone. Can't wait!

Big thanx to gial for suggesting to me that I equip my NPC's with life leech! Brilliant gial! :P

leading.jpg

break.jpg

onthemove.jpg

whew.jpg

getim.jpg

babyburn.jpg

continued.jpg

Thanx to bhj for getting me started on this little experiment by giving me 2 of the 7 NPC's that I was playing with. I definitely plan to do much more expiramentation in this vein and possibly work NPC's into my present build. Be on the look-out! :)

Wow

The formatting on this thread is first class

I want your picture frames :woot:

Also...so interesting this idea of enslaving all the npc's in the game.

Do they have a union?

Are they paid minimum?

And how bout vacation time...being an npc in an rpg is hard work ya know. Being eveyrone's idea of a stale and cheesy rgp expectation is exhausting. ^^

hahah, all jokes aside...I'm curious about...

1- can we give leech to the npc's and only give you damage...what would happen?

2-how bout widding them..is this possible? I mean, it would have to all be place in their weps, right?

3-how bout other mods...like split...holee ghost...lol, do we really wanna think about that..

4-how fast is it to pick up these guys

5-if you leave the server do they all go poof?

:)

I like this idea

Let's see more

:P

gogo

haha Awesome! I love the idea of an NPC army! As you know I have been having my own personal test with that sheep! LOL only as far as Khorad but he will get futher nest time :)

If you want any help on your next NPC run give me a shout muwahahaha I would to have loved to be able to equip the npc's with armor as well as weapons..hehe maybe in Sacred 2 they'll give us that option *dreams*

I guess the equipping of weapons for them and socketting is endless so long as the lvls are right...hehe can you imagine a 4 socket max split NPC running head long with you into huge mob...and living! gotta love that 'B' button hehe or as I did for ages...'CTRL & B'...and my reaction....'but they just keep on dying:O' haha oh well I had tons of screenies I didn't know about LOL

Using npc's in a team is a cool idea...specially if you think that using the damage and extra hp that these npcs give whilst you socket yerself up with more exotic weaponry...

very intereseting.

Could this be the new horse?

oops...Pevil...

Is there an order that you recommend these guys should be picked up in?

I"m terrible with quests and half these npcs are strangers to me.

Maybe map or lay down a pick up guide fer that hot girl in the castle that I can bring along with me on fiery adventures of fantasticalness?

gogo

p.s. Schot, you've been playin Necro and Minions in GW waaaaaaay too much dude :blink:

At the very least, if you are partied, they drop to another member of your party -- I picked up the sheep from Silearth last night when he was playing with this and left the game.

Not sure what happens if you are not in a party, though.

Not sure what happens if you are not in a party, though.

I think the NPCs will go to whoever closest in number on the server. I have gotten bat, wolf, Adealina and so on that way before.

Hmmmm. I think the NPC's would be put into a party with the player that is the host of the server. The name at the top of list. Gonna go and test that out now me thinks. I see you're online here at the forum Myles. Wanna come test it with me?

Hmmmm. I think the NPC's would be put into a party with the player that is the host of the server. The name at the top of list. Gonna go and test that out now me thinks. I see you're online here at the forum Myles. Wanna come test it with me?

Hehe I'm at work Schot. Forum emails are fine... maybe a brower game if I know my professor is out.

But Sacred? :) Sry

Great work Schot !! And those pictures frames are great !

! gotta love that 'B' button hehe or as I did for ages...'CTRL & B'...and my reaction....'but they just keep on dying:O' haha oh well I had tons of screenies I didn't know about LOL

hehe, erialc, I also came across some screenies that didn't ring a bell... strangely they all had NPCs with low health... it still puzzled me up to now ! :)

Wow

The formatting on this thread is first class

I want your picture frames :P

Also...so interesting this idea of enslaving all the npc's in the game.

Do they have a union?

Are they paid minimum?

And how bout vacation time...being an npc in an rpg is hard work ya know. Being eveyrone's idea of a stale and cheesy rgp expectation is exhausting. ^^

Working on the frames thing and hopefully yes.

Union? Do they have a death wish?! Mwahaha! :D

Paid minimum? They get leech and if they are extra good... I might even let them live. *hovers over b button* :mafia:

Vacation? Oh sure. I'll give them vacations. Nooooo prob. Hey! Any of you NPC's want a vacation?! Lug Lug is ready to give you one any time. :blush:

Gosh. But what about the evol overlord here huh? It's tough work fer me too yah know. :3lmao:

1- can we give leech to the npc's and only give you damage...what would happen?

2-how bout widding them..is this possible? I mean, it would have to all be place in their weps, right?

3-how bout other mods...like split...holee ghost...lol, do we really wanna think about that..

4-how fast is it to pick up these guys

1-

Yup. We can give leech to NPC's by socketing leech rings or runes into a weapon and or shield and then drop it onto thier portraits to equip. However, relying on NPC's for my leech while dropping all leech on my equipement is probably not a good idea because they don't attack often enough. I have however come up with an idea that may cause them to attack more often. I noticed the other day that my NPC would not attack an enemy until my light radius touched said enemy. Light radius is that lit up area around your character. It's sort of your field of vision so to speak. On that note there are items that can increase your light radius so I'm going to try that and see what happens...

2-

Considering I can only widd a weapon and shield for an NPC I don't see this as a likely benefit however there may be a possiblity that the game will interpret my NPC's widd as my own and so add my NPC's total widd to my BM's total widd. That would be nice! And worth a try. Nice idea. :D

3-

Split on the NPC is definitely on the list. :)

4-

Not too long but I'm working on a fave route which I will share once I've found the most efficient one. For the most part I will probably only include 4 NPC's for my #1 fave route and and then make a #2 fave route for picking up lots and lots of NPC's, for uber carnage! :evil:

5-

Actually... 2 answers to that question. If you imidiately return to the same server you'll notice that you no longer have the NPC's. That is for sure. If there were other players on the server then the NPC's will be passed on to one of the players. If there is no one on the server then the server will reset and you will find those NPC's at the origins.

haha Awesome! I love the idea of an NPC army! As you know I have been having my own personal test with that sheep! LOL only as far as Khorad but he will get futher nest time :devil:

If you want any help on your next NPC run give me a shout muwahahaha I would to have loved to be able to equip the npc's with armor as well as weapons..hehe maybe in Sacred 2 they'll give us that option *dreams*

I guess the equipping of weapons for them and socketting is endless so long as the lvls are right...hehe can you imagine a 4 socket max split NPC running head long with you into huge mob...and living! gotta love that 'B' button hehe or as I did for ages...'CTRL & B'...and my reaction....'but they just keep on dying:O' haha oh well I had tons of screenies I didn't know about LOL

You bring the sheep and I'll put it on fiah! :3lmao:

Somebody's hard at work too. Keeping my eyes open.

:gun2::D:P:):viking:

Oh yes indeed but I got some help along the way. Silearth is discovering some very interesting things like his invincible child NPC. :viking:

Great work Schot !! And those pictures frames are great !

! gotta love that 'B' button hehe or as I did for ages...'CTRL & B'...and my reaction....'but they just keep on dying:O' haha oh well I had tons of screenies I didn't know about LOL

hehe, erialc, I also came across some screenies that didn't ring a bell... strangely they all had NPCs with low health... it still puzzled me up to now ! :3lmao:

lol. Between you and erialc I think I'll have a lot of framing to do! :3lmao:

Lastly. I've made a short video of an experiment with 2 NPC's.

Experimenting with NPC('s)!, Video logs

Next on the list is Silearths video log. :D

Wow excellent work there Schot and everyone who helped. Cool video. Did you get split on your NPC's and what happened if you did? Which was the best NPC in terms of strength and fighting?...Oh this I really want to try out muwahaha

Please Sign In or Sign Up