Death comes from Above

Hey everyone,

now, I'd like to share my Experiences with a Daemoness, that survives with only 1% Lifeleech on Niob and can kill EVERYTHING with just one Hit, except one sinlge Enemy.

There are many Ways to skill a dive-attacking Daemoness, and I want to show you my favourite (and most damage-dealing) Way to play her. Well okay.. there are two Versions of that one Way :)

-= The Perfectionist's Way =-

Skills & Attributes

lvl1: Weapon Lore (for the dealt Damage)

-> 100 Points here. Experienced Players only chose it and get the Rest per Boni.

lvl1: Meditation (for Spell Regeneration)

-> about 100 Points here.

lvl3: Sword Lore (for Aarnums Set)

-> 10 Points here.

lvl6: Constitution (for more Life)

-> 100 to 140 Points here.

lvl12: Concentration (for Dive Attack's Regeneration)

lvl20: Amour (for more Resistances)

lvl30: Parry (for some Defence)

lvl50: Hell Power (for additional Spell Regeneration)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All Attribute Points go into Strengh, as it boosts Life, Weapon's Fire Damage and Attack Rating.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Combat Arts & Spells

1. Soaring Daemon

This is the Base for our Dive Attack. There is a little Trick, I don't know, its known here:

Make a Combo with Soaring Daemon lvl1 and keep it for the Rest of your Jouney. When you activate Soaring Daemon per Combo, you'll be able to use Dive Attack immediately, without having to wait for it's Regeneration.

As the Flight Time isn't of Interest, this is the perfect Way, we wanna use it.

The Combo's Regeneration depends on your Char's Level. So it will shrink constantly.

2. Dive Attack

Dive Attack is our Mob-, Boss- and generally Main Killer. You can read more Runes here, after you made the Soaring Daemon Combo, this is well important! And Dive Attack is it, whose Regeneration Time is important.

The best Regeneration Time, I'd recomment you, is slightly below the Soaring Daemon Combo's Regeneration.

3. Infernal Power

Infernal Power is our Attack Rating and Fire Damage Buff, it is very important for this Daemoness.

To maximize IP's Damage Boost Effectivity, always try to keep Pure Fire Damage (see Inventory - Weapon). Read everything, you find and until lvl255 even more often than Dive Attack itself.

It's primary important to get huge Attack Rating at the Beginning.

4. Call of Death

To be honest, Call of Death isn't really important. But for some really freaky Damage, you can use it as well. If you want to use it, just read 36 Runes for max. Effect and Duration (6%, 60s).

Equipment & Jewlery

Head: Pandora's Prophetic Circlet (Weapon Lore, experience,)

Torso: Kleb-Dracad's Guardian (Hell Power) or Tealon'S Breastplate of Magic (x to all Spells, Spell Reg, ment. Reg) or Rares with Reg Special Move and Weapon Lore

Shoulders: Kleb-Dracad's Recuperation (x to all Spells, experience) or Pandora's Evil Spur (x to all Skills)

Arms: Draelokk's Appealing Arms (Infernal Power) or Rares with Reg Special Moves and Weapon Lore

Hands: Dralkcib's Claws (x to all Skills) or Rares with Reg Special Moves and Weapon Lore

Belt: Dralkcib's Hips (x to all Skills, RSM, phys Reg) or Pandora's Girdle of Frenzy (Infernal Power, Spell Reg)

Legs: Rares with Reg Special Move/Spell Reg and Weapon Lore.

Shoes: Rares with Reg Special Move/Spell Reg and Weapon Lore

Weapon: A Complete socketed Aarnum Sword.

(Alternative: Aarnums Sword with 2x Aarnum's adorning Wrath and 1x Aarnum's Thirst for Blood.)

---------------------

Jewlery:

There isn't very much, that is very perfectly fitting to this devastating Lady. But here are some:

Aarnum's adorning Wrath (Fire Damage +xx%, Split, WiDD) - sock as many, as possible.

Gold Ring of Strengh (Fire Damage and Strengh+x) - good for more Life, Damage and Attack Rating

Silver Ring of Resting (Fire Damage, phys. Reg, ment. Reg) - good for more Life and all Combat Arts Regeneration

Thodran Amfist's Adornment of Cleaving (Fire Damage +xx%, Split, Crit) - you can sock a few of them

Playstyle & Additional Comments

The Playstyle is easily described: Cast Infernal Power (and if you want to: Call of Death) and go hunting. When you see a Mob, cast the Soaring Daemon Combo, change to Dive Attack and stomp them into the Planet's Core.

Even with a simple Left Click Hit, you can do far more than 2 Millions of Damage. So if there really are some Enemies, that survived your Dive Attack for some Reasons, you easily can kill them with simple Hits.

There are some Things that can mess up the whole Action, but there are easy, fast-to-use Workarounds:

1. After casting Soaring Daemon, I can't do Dive Attack.
    • Just move a Step aside. Then you can Attack properly.

[*]After doing Dive Attack, I can't attack with Left Click.

• Just move a Step aside to stop this Self-Stun.

[*]After activating Infernal Power, I sometimes have Lags.

• Put a one-handed Weapon and a Shield into your Second Weapon Slot.
    When Lags are appearing, switch to that second Weapon Slot and back to the aarnum Slot.
    The Lags are gone, and it's done in half a Second.

I myself played such a Daemoness up to 180. At the Moment, she kills everything at level 220+, except for Lorinor of Tyr-Fasul. This Dragon has extreme Fire Resistance and very great Defence.

But appart from this Dragon, she can Kill everything at every Level, Valley of Tears is a Joke with her, as well as Hell's Ridge and every Region else. Except for Garema, I still don`t want to go there :woot:

Be warned!

This is one of the most devastating Characters in Sacred. But also one of the most defenseless and resistanceless. You do truly huge Damage, but also get truly much Damage. So for Emergencies: Have a quick Finger on your Space Bar.

-= The 'safe' Way =-

Axe Lore instead of Sword Lore.

-> 20 Points

Use Thains Axe instead of Aarnum's Sword. Fill the Sockets with 2x Aarnum's adorning Wrath and 1x Aarnum's Thirst for Blood.

Useful Shield Possibilities: Ancient Defender, Adorno's Defense, Antic, Cubbi's ultimate Pentacle, Dark Moon, Horrid Kite Shield, Kite Shield of the Guild, Mireille's adept Paree, Warrior's Guardian.

This Version has more Defense and Resistance and might be more suited for 'unsurer' Players.

With Thains Axe, she does Way less Damage, but still enough for onehit most of your Enemies (but at same or slightly higher Levels).

--------------------

So, that's it for Today. Hope, you like it.

If there are any Questions open, feel free to ask. I'll try to solve the Problem(s).

Greets, Therion X

"Be warned!

This is one of the most devastating Characters in Sacred. But also one of the most defenseless and resistanceless. You do truly huge Damage, but also get truly much Damage. So for Emergencies: Have a quick Finger on your Space Bar.'

My Kind of toon!

lol, this reminds me of the kind of pepto Bismol builds I adore playing with seraphims.

Your work with the guides here is amazing Therion and you're bring Daemons to life with huge dramatic damage.

Thank you for the guide and build!

:)

gogo

• 2 months later...

I'm trying this build Therion X :balance:

Now I'm level 44, and soon I'll be able to hand an Aarnum Sword.. :)

However, I still have to assign attributes.. Yes, I see that Aarnum rises fire damage depending on strength, but my doubt is that giving all points to physical regeneration is possible to rise dive attack at higher level with the same regeneration times; This would of course increase the damage. So where is better to assign our points? :sick:

More over dexterity seems to rise weapon fire damage, plus the defence in (0.8 x level instead of 0.2), so it could be an alternative.. no?

Ah that must be Therion X doing his magic again. :angry: Awesome build Therion! Just the kind of fun I like to have. Extremely powerful and reeeaally scary dangerous! :hugs:

If ever I finally perfect my build I will definitely give this one a go. Great vid showing dah powah!

I never choose Dex, because there'd be a Lack of HP. Strenght and phys. Regeneration give Life.

And, later, there'd be maybe 5k Life, that you have to miss.

So there's only Str & pReg to choose.

And finally, it doesn't really matter, whether you choose more Base Damage or more CA-Damage.. you'll onehit nearly everything.. :)

So, it doesn't really matter :P

• 4 months later...

something I just discover The island dragon can be easly be kill using the soaring deamon to hit from the water where it cant hit with his breath but it will keep trying till u kill him that is XDhehe happy dragon hunting XD

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I need something explained. I purchased Sacred Gold and rolled a Daemon. Skill level 1 skills for me are Weapon Lore and Magic Lore. I look at the Perfectionsit way of skill building and it starts off at level 1 with Weapon Lore and Meditation Lore. Why is there this difference? Would a patch fix this?

:paladin:

:evil:

Email me

Welcome to the boards, Kevin!

There's a line in the options file that you can change so that you start without any skills chosen (ie you choose your first 2 skills, rather than have them assigned).

Totally forget the specifics, lemme look around some. It's here, somewhere :Just_Cuz_21:

EDIT: Courtesy of Obsession hidden away in some long-lost topic :P

You can select those by alterning Settings.cfg which is found in your sacred folder. Change that into txt file, open in a notepad and check line DEFAULT_SKILLS: 1, change this to DEFAULT_SKILLS: 0 and save, change .txt back to .cfg and you can select your starting skills. This is not hack or cheat of any kind and will not change anything else on the game.
  • 3 weeks later...

I found the correct Settings.cfg to change the settings. From DEFAULT_SKILLS: 1, change this to DEFAULT_SKILLS: 0 Look for it at the following:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\<path to the file>

:pirate::drinks::paladin::BlobRed:

• 4 years later...

Heyho, :bounce:

You create a Combo with one Level 1 Soaring Demon - make sure to never erase or update this Combo! Then youcan put as many runes into Soaring Demon as you like - just make sure its Regeneration Time doesn't grow too big. Find a comfortable balance between damage and time to gather new groups of enemies.

In Combat you use the Level 1 combo to initiate the flight phase. But you actually launch the Dive Attack, your damage dealer, via the Level 79 or so Combat Art.

The idea behind that is to take advantage of the two different regeneration times. Normally the Soaring Demon/Dive attack would reset the Combat Art at both phases, and they are of different types. Soaring Demon is an aura with higher base regeneration while Dive Attack and an attack has a lower base regeration. So for combat purposes it can be unproductive or counterintuitive to have to wait to attack for a long time since the regeneration goes up a lot in very high levels. With both the leveled Combat Art and the Level 1 Combo you can balance the waiting time as you please. The Level 1 combo will enable you with the shortest possible reg time for that combo - as you grow in character levels it will automatically decrease bit by bit.

But always watch and compare the two reg times to see what feels comfortable, in lower and midlevels it can be more effective to use the Combat Art for both, depends on gear and your preferred playstyle (a leveled Soaring Demon can also be used for a tanky build since it increases Duration, Defense and Speed a lot at the cost of longer regenerations).

Keep Inferal Power's Regeneration lower than its Duration, that's all.

In highlevels when you have great damage output, abilities and regeneration times and you can mow down and collect groups pretty quickly you can also add Call of Death as a secondary spell (max level 36 for max duration). That can mean even quicker killing -> can play riskier.

Use whatver weapons fit the build best at the moment. If you think Regeneration Times are too high, use something with Regeneration Special Moves +xx% bonus or Physical Regeneration +x or Soaring Demon/Hard Hit +x (that increases Soaring Demon, CA increases by Bonus add a little less to Regeneration Time). If you lack Damage, look for strong weapons with good base damage and plenty of damage bonuses, also Strength +xx is great. Focus on max 2 Damage types, one should ideally be Fire to take extra advantage of Infernal Power.

Doesn't matter if 1h+Shield, 2h or Dual Wield. Use what you prefer or if you like it efficient, use what is best for the build. Just make sure to keep a 1h +Shield in a quick slot. Infernal Power sometimes loves to kill the Framerate when used with 2h weapons.

Hope that helped :D

Have Fun.

Dang, Therion Yer still here, and in great form for the game... good seein ya back!

:gogo:

gogo

This kind of opened my eyes in how to make better use of the Daemon's forms and her special abilities that the forms unlock. My last Daemon kept dying and I couldn't figure out what I could have done differently. This may be the key.

"Hey I know im late lol but how many runes do I spend on infernal power and on soaring demon? And do I use 1h+ shield weapon with most dmg or 2h weapon with most dmg"

Just a warning - Aarnums 2H is awesome - esp. trapping ranged archers - but it's hard if you play solo to get the full set. You'll be very lucky to get the full set before level 90.

If you do choose axe lore plus sheild, then you can get thaines axe easily (3 sockets, fire and weapon lore boosts).

http://pctalk.info/Games/Sacred2/Wolfes.Lair/SacredUnderworld/Pages/Eggs-ThainsAxe.html

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yea mate, been playing the Demon for so long, it's been chiseled into my brain :lol:

Just lurking around ^^

Cheers

Dang, Therion Yer still here, and in great form for the game... good seein ya back!

:gogo:

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 3 years later...

Hello, can I ask a little question?

This build is fun and all but at 44lvl silver I suddenly hit a brick wall with it. D'Cay the dragon of the undead is totally impossible to kill. The damage she's getting is no more than 100 points! Normally it's around 1000, and it was quite smooth gameplay up till this point. Using the veteranmod or not, same difference. Could it be a bug?

Am I missing something or I got it wrong someplace?

Thanks

5 hours ago, Sagittary said:

Hello, can I ask a little question?

This build is fun and all but at 44lvl silver I suddenly hit a brick wall with it. D'Cay the dragon of the undead is totally impossible to kill. The damage she's getting is no more than 100 points! Normally it's around 1000, and it was quite smooth gameplay up till this point. Using the veteranmod or not, same difference. Could it be a bug?

Thanks

I'll send a message to him, Sagittary, he was just here a wee while back and dropped off a lot of his builds as uploads for the community 

gogo

5 hours ago, Sagittary said:

I believe it's because you're using Veteran mod aren't you?  That mod made some parts of the game almost impossible.  Nothing against it, but I'd recommend trying Sacred Reborn instead.  It keeps challenge without making anything impossible.

41 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

I'll send a message to him, Sagittary, he was just here a wee while back and dropped off a lot of his builds as uploads for the community 

gogo

Oh, thanks I appreciate. I've seen some recent Therion posts... For once it seems I joined a forum that is not dying atm lol.

34 minutes ago, Flix said:

I believe it's because you're using Veteran mod aren't you?  That mod made some parts of the game almost impossible.  Nothing against it, but I'd recommend trying Sacred Reborn instead.  It keeps challenge without making anything impossible.

Well true, but I tried running Sacred.exe again which I believe is supposed to work as if NOT-MODED, and it's no difference...
But hey thanks for that, I'm definitely gonna try this mod out :) you just install it and go right?